X52 PRO Profile Editor Software

Hi,

I have bought the X52 pro but I can not get the profiler software to work after installing the latest driver from the internet. I also am using the latest software download: Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_00000003_64_Software_pfw

The device shows in the device manager and all of the inputs work there, and the profile editor highlights the button presses you make on the programming tab, but the keys I assign to each button on the stick and throttle do not output in the test window when I click test profile or in game.

Hi,

Device Manager

Check Programming Support

If there are double entries with yellow warning symbols - delete them and reboot

HM - I can`t attach a screenshot ?

There should be 4 single entries without warning

Hot Keys

Root Enumerator

Keyboard

Mouse

Edited by Blech

Hi,

I have bought the X52 pro but I can not get the profiler software to work after installing the latest driver from the internet. I also am using the latest software download: Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_00000003_64_Software_pfw

The device shows in the device manager and all of the inputs work there, and the profile editor highlights the button presses you make on the programming tab, but the keys I assign to each button on the stick and throttle do not output in the test window when I click test profile or in game.

If same as me, running windows 8.1, the lastest SST software has a problem with not being digitally signed and therefore windows will not load them, so no simulated keyboard / mouse commands will work.

Solution:

• Uninstall the newer SST software v7.0.39.x
  • Download and install the older SST software v7.0.27.13 which will setup correctly.
  • Running newer drivers software v7.0.40.9 works fine, just remember to unplug joystick whilst installing the drivers, and only plug joystick back in when asked by the drivers.
  • Check in Device manager that you have no items marked as yellow exclamation, especially after all changes installed and you have rebooted.

Regards, Ian.

259086839_DeviceManager.thumb.PNG.1089f0c9a719b4b3655ddd8b4252215f.PNG

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thanks for your replies!

I am using windows 7 64 bit.

I uninstalled double entries with yellow warning symbols in Device Manager

-> Programming Support. The were many Programmable Root Enumerators in there all with yellow warning symbols.

I can't find the old version of the SST software here:

ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/

The Device status of the 3 Programmable Root Enumerators in the device manager are all:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)
I am going to try the latest SST version 7.0.39.0 (as it is named in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features) and continuously press F8 when Windows is booting up until the Advanced Boot Options menu, then select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” to see if it works.

Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement fixed the problem, but now I have the original problem I had before I tried to reinstall the drivers, which is that key presses input from my keyboard stop working sometime at random, and pressing a button on the X52 resolves the issue and key presses start to register again.

Thank you Blech, I now have the correct drivers and software installed.

The issue I am having now is that an input of left shift and left control seem to get held down at random. Sometimes pressing a button on the x52 makes this stop until it randomly happens again.

I am not using TeamSpeak but I am using TrackIR.

My keyboard "locks up" while playing DCS - pressing keys does nothing. On further investigation I could not see anything in the profile editors test window, but noticed that in firefox pressing h opens the history window, which is normally done by pressing the shortcut shift control h. I tried a few more shortcuts and it seemed like shift and control was being held down. This may explain why the keyboard shortcuts seem unresponsive in DCS.

I looked in the BIOS for my ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard and under USB there are options to disable XHCI, legacy 2.0 and 3.0 USB support and EHCI hand off.

120701084252.png

Hi,

Have you checked the device manager for yellow warnings - look #4 of this thread - after the installation of the new SST-software ?

The profile editors test window should not be empty - it seems that you have the same problem as in the beginning with the SST-Software

Start DCS without an active profile and test keyboard-commands

It should be ok

I have an X52 PRO since February

W7 64bit

Smart Technology 7_0_27_13 64Bit.exe

Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_7_0_34_109_64_Drivers_pfw.exe

( a newer driver should not be a problem )

I had the yellow warnings too and "nonsens" (wrong translated commands) in the profile editor test window - but I can't remember the version of the SST-Software for the first installation

With the combination above - no problems so far

But I have no idea for your problems with the same SST-software version

I checked the device manager again and there are no yellow warnings. I have the following now installed and working:

Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller (HID)

Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller (USB)

And under the properties of my pc in the device manager it shows working:

Programmable Hotkeys

Programmable interrupt controller

Programmable Root Enumerator

Programmable Support for Keyboard

Programmable Support for Mouse

Edited by InnoGear

• 3 years later...

Blech ,

I can not thank you enough for this link to the FTP download for older SAITEK drivers. The logitech people have made almost useless the ones they have up for us. I can no longer even get the profiler software there, no idea when they gutted it but they did as a couple days ago when I last tried.

Thank you Sir ! very much indeed.

JYD