Free flight server

DoctorStrop

Hi all,

I set up a 1.5 server, just running on my main PC (not what's listed below as that fried itself), mainly to see what it could handle, and see if it crashes at all.

It ran ok, some people complained about poor FPS near airfield, and some people took it seriously and I saw some nice formation flying with different craft in the flight, which looked cool.

Thing that was annoying me is that there were people just taking off from taxi ways, heli's hovering over runway, people killing people taking off and landing. One user commented on how the setup was really sh*t*y for a free flight, he may be correct as it only took me 5 minutes in mission editor.

What would be cool is, if it is possible, to detonate anyone not playing nicely, but I bet there is no way to detect if someone uses a taxi way to take off etc.

My question is, how do I set up a server for free flight, and stop people creating there own load outs?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

The guys that run the VA server created a script to detect if people exceeded taxiway speeds and kicked them from cockpit.

This is of course partly the reason we see so many passworded servers.

Hope you find some form of resolution:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are 2 free flight servers at the moment, I think I was on yours. Was great fun, kinda suprised when a Hawk, an Albatros and a P51 immediately formed up on my wing right after takeoff.

I hope you will find some solutions to the problems and host again once you have it sorted out.

Is it possible to set up a server message? Citing the rules (no T/O from taxi, no weapons) in chat and upon join should help a bit.

Kudos!

Callsign "Lion"

The guys that run the VA server created a script to detect if people exceeded taxiway speeds and kicked them from cockpit.

This is of course partly the reason we see so many passworded servers.

Hope you find some form of resolution:)

Hmm, some investigations required, I like that idea, policing without pressing a key sounds like the way I want to go. I really don't want a password protected server.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

There are 2 free flight servers at the moment, I think I was on yours. Was great fun, kinda suprised when a Hawk, an Albatros and a P51 immediately formed up on my wing right after takeoff.

I hope you will find some solutions to the problems and host again once you have it sorted out.

Is it possible to set up a server message? Citing the rules (no T/O from taxi, no weapons) in chat and upon join should help a bit.

Kudos!

Fw 190? if so it was the formation flying I was referring to. Wanted to join in and fly, but getting trolled by son, who seems to have an uncanny knack of shouting me as soon as my wheels leave the tarmac.

I will add info to the server briefing message, but if I can implement what the other guys say then, it should be all cool.

My youtube channel

Fw 190? if so it was the formation flying I was referring to. Wanted to join in and fly, but getting trolled by son, who seems to have an uncanny knack of shouting me as soon as my wheels leave the tarmac.

I will add info to the server briefing message, but if I can implement what the other guys say then, it should be all cool.

Ah, the joys of fatherhood ;)

FW 190 was me, unfortunately my screen turned black for some seconds and the formation broke apart - well, it's a Beta after all. But those guys were awesome, they flew a really tight and fast 2 ship formation later on going through all sorts of maneuvers.

Looking forward to flying with you all again.

Callsign "Lion"

There are trigger conditions for altitude under x, speed over y, and heading between 0 and 360. I just tried having a trigger zone that completely encompasses Sukhumi-Babushara, and a continuous trigger for unit altitude below than 290, and speed higher than 50, and heading min 0 max 115, and heading min 118 max 360, and unit in zone. The reason for the heading is so that planes can speed between 115 and 118 which is the heading for the runway + or - a degree.

It does not work. Anyone help?

I've had a rethink about the logic, and it needs to be like this;

if (unit in zone) and (alt < 290) and (speed > 5) and ((heading between 0 and 115) OR (heading between 118 and 360))

Still need help :(

Edited by DoctorStrop

My youtube channel

OK, so here is what I have so far which works, but it requires a trigger per aircraft and if you would have to apply this to each, or you can have an initial trigger at say 15 m/s which sends a warning message, and second trigger that blows the pilot up;

if

(unit in zone) and (alt < 10) and (speed > 15) and (heading between 0 and 115)

OR

(unit in zone) and (alt < 10) and (speed > 15) and (heading between 118 and 360)

Altitude seems to be in metres for these conditions.

My youtube channel

Albatros here (Callsign: Stern). Just saying hello. :)

Nice formation. It was great fun! Thank you for the server.

Experienced a noticable fps drop near or when looking in direction of sochi airport.

Edited by MatthlK