Gazelles weapons and loadouts options.

Stratos

During the many years the Gazelle has seen service, it operated in multitude of nations, and many of them adapted the helicopter to their own needs, I'm wondering what will we see in the module as more weapons and options means more fun to the user and more varied and interesting missions can be created.

Lets see some of the mentioned adaptations and roles.

For example the Gazelle was used as a small assault chopper eliminating the doors so the helicopter can carry 3 to 4 armed soldiers.

SA342L%20Soko%20Gazelle%20Exercise%20Immediate%20Response%202009%20Dimitrije%20Ostojic_zpszjmnoy04.jpg

Military_of_Montenegro_training4_gazelle_zps0qeltgqj.jpg

Military_of_Montenegro_training3_gazelle_zpsmda6whso.jpg

614363_zpswlg3p6ye.jpg

143473_468342726_01jkkghmgfghfbfxcb3_zpsktscbw0o.jpg

93790412.rZiKhTCE.smallDOST7722_zpsdspvbwir.jpg

ED hinted a more prominent role of infantry in helo ops. Wouldn't be nice to see some soldiers on our Gazelles?

Now about french Gazelles, the french ALAT mounted the M621 20mm gun on the starboard side of their Gazelles with the ammo on the cargo compartment and used them in combat:

PHL09463h_zpsrk9sy8yv.jpg

143473_50204322_01g%20ma1_zpsnxdgncvt.jpg

GIAT_M621_20mm_Gazelle_zpsjzcyzktn.jpg

gazelle-helicopter-schema_zpsardyfswe.jpg

Now about the Serbians, they are using their Gazelles in a bit of A-A role, or at least carry Strela SAMS as self defense.

Serbian%20Gaz_zpsuymozrfg.jpg

Gazela_3_zpszobvjqfb.jpg

2705_324689258_11_zps77wlsl2q.jpg

Seems the Serbians offered several options for their Soko build Gazelles. No idea If those were ever added to real choppers. And I see it more as a "what if" than anything else.

65870_215025984_Untitled_zpsq85iaivs.jpg

2705_64937657__Ba_007_zps1siwesoa.jpg

2705_72160828_13_zpsxzqokgfv.jpg

2705_72160828_9_zps5tbcan5n.jpg

2705_72160828_12_zpswzxhniea.jpg

Enjoy!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I wonder if they had ever considered to implement in the module the possibility to call for artillery strike.

So the helicopter could be used in a reconnaissance role, should be a nice add.

And also there's no need for modification to the look of the aircraft.

I wonder if they had ever considered to implement in the module the possibility to call for artillery strike.

Yes, as a 10 kill streak....

Joking aside, you can kinda do that yourself with CA. But better implementation would be nice.

...you can kinda do that yourself with CA...

Yes, I’ve seen it in some videos...

But I mean use some other way than the F10 window, maybe a popup map, somewhat like the kneeboard, something that involve some map reading skills.

Using F10 to me seem like cheating.

There is a new trigger coming with the Gazelle module (according to the latest interview of Pat01 on checksix) that will allow you to set a flag whenever a recce had been performed on a given target through the Viviane camera. This means that it should be dead easy in the ME to call for an artillery strike based on this recce flag.

Sweet.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 6 months later...
There is a new trigger coming with the Gazelle module (according to the latest interview of Pat01 on checksix) that will allow you to set a flag whenever a recce had been performed on a given target through the Viviane camera. This means that it should be dead easy in the ME to call for an artillery strike based on this recce flag.

How is this done in the current Gazelle release version?

Thanks.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Woah what missile is that on the Serbian Gazelle? Is that a Malyutka? That would a cool weapon to have since its MCLOS (Manual Command Line of Sight. Control stick activity commands the control surfaces on the missile). Though the missile would fit an Mi-2, Mi-8 or Mi-24 simulation more :P Maybe in collaboration with BST?

Check my F-15C guide

Woah what missile is that on the Serbian Gazelle? Is that a Malyutka? That would a cool weapon to have since its MCLOS (Manual Command Line of Sight. Control stick activity commands the control surfaces on the missile).

It uses the later SACLOS variant.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!