Flaps not deploying

jadebullet

I probably did something wrong, but I was doing a practice flight today, came in for a landing, dropped my gear, and went to drop flaps, but they refused to move, no matter how my times I pushed the button. Is there something that would lock them into flight position?

Flying faster than 300km/h IAS will do that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Yes, keep your IAS below 300km/h and they will work fine. Use the airbrake to drop your speed, i think LSHIFT+B is the default key to lower the airbrake.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Not sure if you are joking or not but I've found that airbrakes combined with lowered gear shed quite a bit of speed, enough that I need to keep my engine power up on approach.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Not sure if you are joking or not but I've found that airbrakes combined with lowered gear shed quite a bit of speed, enough that I need to keep my engine power up on approach.

Once I'm down close to 200, then yes I need to raise throttle. However, if you're on a 3-4% glide, the airbrakes won't slow you down, even at idle throttle. L-39C is a really slippery airplane!

Sure they won't. But we are talking about speeds at which the flaps can't be deployed. To get down to 300 kph you can either bleed speed by doing maneuvers or you can use the brakes. :)