Custom Controls - Some not allowed

JayRoo

Hey all, Im new to the Mig and was trying to map the controls and some of them struck me as odd. Some controls, such as the flap controls are not able to be mapped. The column for my controls is light colored and the options to add on the bottom left are grey'd out. Any thoughts?

mig21controls.jpg

I think this is actually a bug at the moment. I have this too. The reason is that the entries are missing in the joystick input file.

The file is located here:

E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\joystick\default.lua

In my file the section is empty but it shouldn't be empty:

yqwAkyf.jpg

The entries are specified in the keyboard section, that is why you see them only assignable for the keyboard:

E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\keyboard\default.lua

The section looks like this:

SeATKX7.jpg

These files determine which entries are there and assignable within DCS.

A while ago (Februar 2015) the joystick section looked like this:

6ffOZif.jpg

If you manually add this to the empty section again it will work. But you need to repeat this every update since it got fixed. That's because an update will re-download the input file if you make changes.

P3kWDaD.jpg

Copy&Pasta text:

-- Flaps

{combos={{key='F',reformers={'LAlt'}}},down=device_commands.Flaps25,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS,value_down=1.0,name='Flaps Take-Off (joystick)',category='Flight Controls'},

{combos={{key='F',reformers={'LCtrl'}}},down=device_commands.Flaps45,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS,value_down=1.0,name='Flaps Landing (joystick)',category='Flight Controls'},

{combos={{key='F'}},down=device_commands.Flaps0,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS,value_down=1.0,name='Flaps In (joystick)',category='Flight Controls'},

Edited by Zabuza

Hi,

Left : 1.2.16

Right : 1.5

I guess in 1.5 they changed it to a "rotary" like the A10-C - but it isn`t working/selectable

F -> down, down, ...

LShift + F -> up, up, ...

In 1.12.16 there are three special joystick-entries for the flaps

Edited by Blech

If you manually add this to the empty section again it will work. But you need to repeat this every update since it got fixed. That's because an update will re-download the input file if you make changes.

Preventing this, after edit the file, go back to folder

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\keyboard\default.lua

Select the "default.lua" (already edited) and Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. Now you have:

default.lua

default-copy.lua

When came a update - if no changes are done in controls table - just delete the "default.lua" and rename "default-copy.lua" to "default.lua" (and make a new copy for use in future updates). ;)

If changes was done in Mig-21 controls* copy the edited part for the new downloaded "defaul.lua", case flaps assignments are't changed.

* What is expected, as the actual controls don't please neither the pit'builders (ON-OFF switches), or the Warthog owners (2-3 position switches) or the CH/Saitek HOTAS or "3-in-1" joystick owners (momentarily buttons only). :D