3d pro extreme profile

The profile file is out-dated due to DCS updates. The profile has to be remade for DCS 1.2.16, which works with 1.5 as well. The format changed from just a lua file to a diff.lua file and are incompatible without heavy edits. Depending on your skill level, it might be easier to remake it.

I did just that and have attached my profile. I believe that most of the bindings should be the same. The only thing that I can recall that I changed was that I don't use button 12 for voice chat, but instead I added it as a modifier so that I can use buttons 3,4,5 for TrackIR zooming.

DCS 10C - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.diff.lua

If your interested I also created a similar profile for the Su-25T for the Extreme 3D Pro. I tried to keep the general scheme of things the same so that it is easy to switch between the aircraft, but naturally there are some differences. I find that it works really well. I really only have to use the keyboard for the gear, Shkval or Mecury pod, the anti-radiation thingy (can't remember whats its called), salvo settings, and autopilot modes not found on the real HOTAS (i.e. route follow). I tried to map the unmodified buttons to the actual HOTAS buttons as I found on these forums, trim being the large exception, but I preferred to be consistent with the A-10C profile in this case. Changing something basic like trim makes it frustrating switching between aircraft, so I kept it the same as the A-10C. I made a diagram for myself so that I could remember the bindings, but I didn't label the modifier buttons. I think that it is still helpful.

Su-25T Logitech Extreme 3D Profile.pdf

Su-25T - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.diff.lua

Edited by Razi

The last thing is that modifiers aren't added when you first load a profile. You have to add the modifiers manually. Any mappings that use modifiers will show up red in the bindings screen until you add the modifier. This happens with any profile you load.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Most things are working fine, but the Throttle Slider and Aileron (X-axis) are not working for me.

EDIT: Not even the keyboard controls are working for either.

Edited by C. D. Baird "Assassin"

Hardware: Saitek X56, TrackIR, HP Reverb G2

• 4 months later...

I downloaded and saved your 3D pro files... I now have the .LUA files saved in a folder on my desk top. What do I do with them to make them usable? Do I copy paste into the DCS folder and if so where in it do I put them? and will they then show up when I open the options on DCS. I also have trackir and am trying to learn how to place files in it so I can use it on DCS.

Any help is greatly appreciated.. Please Send a reply to my private box as I am still learning how to get around in the forums... They are not very new user friendly when it comes to finding things. IE I was invited to join a few sites to learn to fly with them and now I cannot find the post where they had their site name and www address...when they me... LOL...

You place them in your "Saved Games/DCS" folder under your user name. So it would be "{YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME}/Saved Games/DCS". I attached an image that hopefully will help. You'll see that I have a few profiles located in this folder.

As I mentioned above, once you copy the profile to this directory and start DCS, you will have to go to the controls settings and add buttons 7-12 as modifiers. I've also attached an image that will hopefully help with this. Unless you complete this step, the bindings that use these buttons will not work and show up as red. Thankfully, you only have to do this once, not for each aircraft.

Good luck!

P.S If you click on your user name in the top right of these forums, then click on "Statistics" tab, under the heading "Total Posts" you can view all of your posts under the link "Find all posts by retired_old_sarge". This post history might help you find what your looking for.

2106744932_3dprohelp.jpg.3b5a50c10422c915bc7bd1ac093b81e5.jpg

249512340_addmodifiers.thumb.jpg.d87f0d2a289db1d213482ecb0a453e55.jpg

• Like 1