• SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

--- NEW MODULES AVAILABLE: UH-1H and KA-50 ---

--- NEW MODULES AVAILABLE: UH-1H and KA-50 ---

Great news, it's helo time! Today two new titles are added to the list of VAICOM supported modules.

First, there's the legendary UH-1H Huey.

Massive credits go to Chic: this profile would not have been here without his invaluable support.

Also another big thanks to Davison.

Download the UH-1H profile here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1561156/

And as a special bonus: here's the fearsome Black Shark! You can now immerse yourself in flying complex missions

with the KA-50. Thanks to bouncerj21 for his support in getting this profile out there.

Download the KA-50 profile here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1561158/

Enjoy!

Hollywood

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Hollywood, great mod !

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I feel like I should move from the KA50 to the A10C now :). I've gotten half way decent with the shark and always looked at the A10 as a bit daunting in part because of the radio commands needed to really get into it. It really just pulls me out of the sim when I have to mess with com keys.

THANK YOU!

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I want to start by thanking you for all the hard work you have put in to this. It is very cool indeed. However, unfortunately I am unable to get it to work in my 1.5 installation. I have done the path edit and installed the static ATC Mod and still no joy.

Copy /Y "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\tempMission.miz" TEMP\tempMission.zip

(I have tried with and with out the Quotes and the space is forum related)

I still get the unable to find files message and ignored that until using VA command to start mission and still the same thing. It recognizes my commands and goes through the button presses but nobody responds in multiple scenarios with the exception of the ground crew. My radios are tuned properly. It still says Easy Comms true as well even though I'm not using that.

7:34:58 AM - Fetching settings data....

7:34:58 AM - Unable to launch file : [The system cannot find the file specified]

7:34:58 AM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\options.lua'.

7:34:58 AM - Easy Communications is True

7:34:58 AM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

7:34:58 AM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

7:34:58 AM - Ready for commands.

7:34:58 AM - Listening suspended

Just as a side note you may find funny: I was testing on a cold start mission for probably 2 hours yesterday in and out of the mission until I realized it was paused after using the start mission function.

Thank you for any help you can provide me with.

hi Hollywood_315 thanks for the great SW. Just small problem for now - when i start comm with ATC (A10C) it recognize command but radio stick with INTERPHONE communication so no reply from ATC. I'm not using easy comm, INTERCOM Control Panel selector on VHF, right frequency set and i still can see INTERPHONE in the communication menu and it should be AM.

i'm running on 1.5 open beta

please advice

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

Hey HiWay.

I cannot reproduce your problem, with Easy Communications OFF I have VAICOM correctly switching between INTERPHONE and VHF AM. Some checks:

- Make sure you do the 1.5 openbeta tweak (see note attached to first post)

- If you have a non-US International keyboard layout, check the note on that

- Make sure you start each mission with the Start Mission voice command so that the Easy Communications setting gets read by VAICOM (see manual)

- When on Windows 10, make sure you run VoiceAttack explicitly as Administrator.

Gluck and send me a PM if you need more help.

/Hollywood

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

now i have same issue as DarkCrow

- Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'H:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

- Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'H:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\options.lua'.

so what was a solution?

Edited by HiWay

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

For me, when I edited the VIACOM_fetch_data file with Notepad++ I had to "Save As" because when I would just save it would say another program was using the file. When I saved it though it became a windows batch file .bat instead of the .cmd thus VIACOM would not find the extension it was looking for.

Help with VAICOM and Radio Keys

Hi,

I've got VAICOM/Voice Attack running with the 'remap' Thrustmaster mic hat macro. It all works but the buttons map to external views.

Wondering if someone can help me to configure DCS A10-C so that the sim doesn't change to an external camera view every time I hat the mic button..

I've been through the config of DCS to remove Num0 Num1 Num2 Num3 from the key mappings, and there are no external views mapped.

Wondering what else I should look at ?

I want to start by thanking you for all the hard work you have put in to this. It is very cool indeed. However, unfortunately I am unable to get it to work in my 1.5 installation. I have done the path edit and installed the static ATC Mod and still no joy.

Copy /Y "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\tempMission.miz" TEMP\tempMission.zip

(I have tried with and with out the Quotes and the space is forum related)

I still get the unable to find files message and ignored that until using VA command to start mission and still the same thing. It recognizes my commands and goes through the button presses but nobody responds in multiple scenarios with the exception of the ground crew. My radios are tuned properly. It still says Easy Comms true as well even though I'm not using that.

7:34:58 AM - Fetching settings data....

7:34:58 AM - Unable to launch file : [The system cannot find the file specified]

7:34:58 AM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\options.lua'.

7:34:58 AM - Easy Communications is True

7:34:58 AM - Ready for commands.

7:34:58 AM - Listening suspended

Just as a side note you may find funny: I was testing on a cold start mission for probably 2 hours yesterday in and out of the mission until I realized it was paused after using the start mission function.

Thank you for any help you can provide me with.

Hollywood, I am having the same file not recognized issues as quoted above. I also cant get AutoHotkey to work. I have a warthog and have eliminated Num0-Num6 keybindings from the control settings. The VA profile works by manually pressing Num0 on keypad, but will not recognize throttle mic switch activation with AutoHotkey running. Really looking forward to your profile, but so far is no joy. Any help on resolving "Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'." and getting AutoHotkey functioning is appreciated.

Hi Gasman,

All above issues were solved, for DarkCrow's case this was a matter of changing his file extension for the 'VAICOM_fetch_data' file back to '.cmd', since he had unwillingly changed it to '.bat' when he edited the file for 1.5openbeta. Please check if this the case with you also. If you're on Win10, doublecheck that you are running both VA and AutoHotKey as Administrator explicitly.

Have a look and feel free to send me a PM is this should not resolve things for you.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

PTT hold...can we shorten it?

Hollywood, I have read through all the material I can find (thanks a ton!), but I am still getting an 'Invalid Radio' message...even when trying to use the keyboard. The rest of the program seems to be running fine as I have already updated the fetching .cmd file, and I am not seeing any other issues in the Voice Attack logger. Got any ideas? Let me know what else you need to know from my end.

(Edit) Okay, I found that if I hold the numpad keys for a good 2-3 seconds after communication, it will detect and send the message. Follow-up question: is there any way to shorten that up?

Edited by uidotcom
Fixed one thing

@Gasman:v:

@uidotcom The thing is to release the PTT after you've heard the beeps i.e. command has been executed. Getting logged Invalid Radio message on the desktop is no issue, if you get these in-mission i.e. after Start Mission command this points to incorrect radio usage e.g. calling AWACS over UHF.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hello,Hollywood,I get JTAC flow error almost everytime when I finished a task and ready to copy the second task.And I have to checking out and check in again,it's pretty strange.And sometimes I even get JTAC flow error when I have't checked in.

Hey tifafan

Make sure to read the User Manual section on JTAC:

for multi-pass engagements you need to confirm the operator hit/miss calls e.g. 'Copy Hit'/'Copy Miss'.

Have a look and PM me if you need more help with this.

I have confirm hit,but flow error too....Maybe I did something wrong.I will check it again later.Thank you for replying.

hi Hollywood, I'm having great trouble calling airfields. if i say "Sochi select" i get the recognition blip then nothing, next I say " inbound" and i get a response from a totally different airfield. I have easy radio on. So i changed the Auto_ATC_Select to True to see if it makes things easier but i am still getting the same responses from airfields i'm not even calling. Also occasionally as i let go of my mic s/w my view changes from cockpit to an outside view. Nothing at all is set to the mic s/w except the Auto hotkeys. ps using Warthog Hotas throttle and stick, Oh and i'm using the F15c profile; obviously flying F15c. lol. Would be grateful for any help out there.