• Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight
    • SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

Yeah, I'm not giving up on it just yet!

Noticed I didn't run VA as admin, I think that helped a good bit.

Only tried it in DCS with a two-ship flight so far, but it recognized two reliably now. Think I will have a good long deep conversation with my computer tonight, then we'll see :director:

Already did the Speech Dictionary thing with four/for, but it didn't have much effect. I suspect my four simply dosen't have enough twang in it, for lack of a better term.

When I count one-two-three-four-five-etc it works like a charm, but used in a sentence it always chooses for.

Repeating the Speech Recognition/Train Your Computer.... a couple of extra times improves basic recognition as well.

And as said above; the more you use it the better it gets.

I found that at certain times of day/states of health I would be talking at a different pitch, that made a difference to recognition also.

• Like 1

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to easy comms...OK, I now have the NWS button bound to the mic and I am getting DCS World 2.0 to recognize my commands!!! We are getting somewhere!

Will

Edited by whiteside

i9-9900K 3.6(Running at 5.0 GHZ) 32GB Memory

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

VKB Gunfighter 2 extended/TM Pedals/TM Warthog throttles.

Many thanks Hollywood_315 for this wonderful addition to DCS, as a Rift user I hated the F key coms system.

I've got it all working with 'Easy Communication' selected On, but I can't get it to work with it selected Off (I've only tried the F86F profile).

I'm using a British keyboard

--- NOTE ON NON-US INTERNATIONAL KEYBOARDS ---

Issue:

Some users with non-US International keyboard have reported issues regarding view switches and voice commands not correctly being processed. It turns out this was caused by a mismatch between key definitions in VA and DCS due to their non - US International keyboard layouts. For example, some UK keyboards use the '#~' key instead of '\'.

Workaround:

If you experience similar problems try this

- Go into Voice Attack

- Open profile edit

- Go to category Process Management

- Open command _Menu_Execute

- There are two lines (3,6) where the '\' key press is defined

- Edit (double click) these lines and on your keyboard press the same --physical!-- key you are using in DCS config for Communications Menu (re-confirm this keybind first).

- Store with OK (so you do this twice: for line 3 and for line 6)

Fly DCS and see if it works.

I've set those two lines to be the '#~' key, the same as my 'Communication menu' keyboard key in the game.

But what about my 'Microphone Button' key, in game it's set to 'RAlt + #~', do I need to set this somewhere in the voice attack profile?

Hey Hollywood, I am running into a little trouble when tanking. I end up having to hit the F keys. (BTW I see AUTO in upper right of screen)

So I call Arco on his frequency of 252 in this mission and I say:

"Arco, Hawg 1-2 refuel" and the MAIN. TANKER. Arco-252 MHz AM

F1. Intent to Refuel

F11. Previous Menu

F12. Exit

screen is displayed. Now I am stuck. How would I rectify this in your Viacom profile?

Did I mess something up?

Thanks a lot!

Will

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

Hey Will

Normally this command will work. You may need to check the VA log how it was interpreted in this case. Note that one tanker per mission is supported. Also note that if you see a menu like this you can always clear the screen at any time with a short PTT press/release cycle.

Have a look and send me a PM if you need more help.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

OK HOLLYWOOD, I blew it. I tried to deinstall/reinstall. Now I get the following. How do I fix this please. I cant see flying without theis working.

Will

Edited by whiteside

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

Any way to start completely over? or fix this one?

I tried deinstalling Viacom as well but the settings for VA and Viacom as well as the profiles remained.

Now The sim doesnt respond to and command no matter the profile.

Thanks

Sorry, I should have left well enough alone.

Will

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

I'm in UK and my keyboard has the " \ " (shown in DCS as " OEM 102 ") key on the left side between " LShift " and " X "

My " # ~ "key is on the right side between " ' @ ".

VIACOM appears to me to be working but there could be functions I'm missing that I'm unaware of.

During install I went into the VAICOM v2.0 F-15C.vap file and the entries that showed " \ " DID already correspond with my " \ " key.

So should I be alright ?

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

What did you do?

The best answer I can provide is that I deleted all of the Viacom profiles as well as the Voice attack files when I uninstalled. It seemed like it took a couple times to get it all gone before I reinstalled. It wasn't just a simple Uninstall.

Right now it's seeming to work around the pattern and will report back if it works well with tanker.

Will

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

I'm in UK and my keyboard has the " \ " (shown in DCS as " OEM 102 ") key on the left side between " LShift " and " X "

My " # ~ "key is on the right side between " ' @ ".

VIACOM appears to me to be working but there could be functions I'm missing that I'm unaware of.

During install I went into the VAICOM v2.0 F-15C.vap file and the entries that showed " \ " DID already correspond with my " \ " key.

So should I be alright ?

Yeah, same here (UK, Sidewinder X4 keyboard). It's a long-standing issue that I reported ages ago. We have to go into the DCS control settings and add "OEM102" (by pressing the key) to anything that's mapped to "\" for every aircraft or else the key won't do anything. No other program/game I've tried has this problem, they all see "\" when it's pressed. I did suggest that if it was complicated to fix that ED just add "OEM102" to the necessary mappings so that new players don't run into this problem and find they can't activate the radios.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

What does it mean when the Crew Chief says"HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING"? Did I forget to pull ground power or retract the ladder?

:)

I cant seem to not have that happen.

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

@Kozmyk

Yes, you're fine.

The only references to the '\' key are in the _Menu_Execute command.

This goes for all profiles.

Thanks for the confirmation Hollywood_315

Yeah, same here (UK, Sidewinder X4 keyboard). It's a long-standing issue that I reported ages ago. We have to go into the DCS control settings and add "OEM102" (by pressing the key) to anything that's mapped to "\" for every aircraft or else the key won't do anything. No other program/game I've tried has this problem, they all see "\" when it's pressed. I did suggest that if it was complicated to fix that ED just add "OEM102" to the necessary mappings so that new players don't run into this problem and find they can't activate the radios.

They must've done it already, I didn't have to change anything.

They must've done it already, I didn't have to change anything.

That's good news, thanks for the info.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

The best answer I can provide is that I deleted all of the Viacom profiles as well as the Voice attack files when I uninstalled. It seemed like it took a couple times to get it all gone before I reinstalled. It wasn't just a simple Uninstall.

Right now it's seeming to work around the pattern and will report back if it works well with tanker.

Will

Ok, thanks whiteside. I'll mark this in case I get into trouble too, ha ha.

I just got this setup and working in 1.5 with my oculus rift DK2. Sling loads in the Huey are now so much easier. Thanks so much for the hard work and continued updates. This is a fantastic mod.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051