• Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight
    • SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

Hi all

Problem solved. The issue was a conflict with TrackIR. I had Num- and Num+ Set for my TIR center and pause hotkey's. Hollywood advised that those two buttons in particular are used in the VAICOM command structure for the mic buttons when easy comms is off, hence my issues.

Big thanks to Hollywood for his time today.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys

I'm putting the Mi-8TV2 up next, work will start once sufficient funding is in place.

In the meantime looking ahead: can someone fill me in on the current status of T-1A Hawk radio comms? Last time I checked this was still WIP. Thanks a lot

Hollywood

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hollywood

For a few reasons, at this time, I am not going to use Vaicom for the A10-c module, but I would like to use it for all of the other DCS modules. In order to keep things simple and not use up 4 buttons on the mic switch of the TH WH, I would like to disregard the instructions for Num keys 1-3 and only use the Num 0 key. Is there any reason why I cannot do so? I assume the Num 0 key (auto) works with all DCS modules and this way, I would only have to devote one key to working the comms

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hey sobe

This varies a bit per module. For modules with multiple radios and multiple PTT keys, there will be an AUTO function (NUM0) for optional use with Easy Communications ON. For some modules however there is just one radio and/or just a single PTT key. In those profiles, only the NUM1 key is used for PTT and there is no AUTO function. You can check this for each VAICOM profile in the PDF documentation that comes with it.

For your situation I recommend to adapt those profiles by editing the push-to-talk commands and change the NUM1 key to NUM0. Send me a PM if you need any help with this.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Couple issues and questions:

First off I get this constantly. Even when I run as Administrator

6:26:10 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

Second it never recognizes what I say stuff like "Field 1" comes out to "if you want". "Join Up" comes out to "Europe" etc etc. I have went through all the setting and training crap

Is it possible to integrate Dragon Naturally Speaking into this?

Always get INVALID RADIO..... even though when I do get an actual command recognized and try all channels

Edited by lone82

I too am trying to get VAICOM with working, starting with the M2000C module, but I'm having varying success -- possibly due in part to my microphone being suboptimal. But one thing I can't figure out -- when I say 'Start Mission', I don't get any error messages in the log, but it does not unpause DCS, all it does is initialize and then do the equivalent of hitting 'escape': removes the briefing screen but doesn't unpause. Should it be unpausing too?

@lone82 If you look down this thread you'll find more info on these items, such as regarding Speech Library. PM me if you need more help.

@GregP Yes normally it will automatically unpause. This works for the majority of missions. However for reasons still unknown, on some missions you'll need to unpause manually.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Why does VA go into suspended mode after I give the Mission Start command

It gives the following statement: 12:11:43 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'D:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Why does VA go into suspended mode after I give the Mission Start command

It gives the following statement: 12:11:43 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'D:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

I get the same crap... like 3 times... There is NO "mission.lua" in C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\ folder and no matter what radio i use I get INVALID RADIO

Edited by lone82

Hollywood, several users have reported this error of not finding a file ending in "l ua", which obviously should be 'lua'-- might there be a typo in the code that could easily fix this?

It's not like that in the program. For some reason when we paste it into the forum it adds the space

If you cut and paste it in to Notepad++ or Ultraedit, and look at it via hex mode, does it have an invisible space, perhaps?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Guys

All this has already been adressed in this thread earlier. I need you to read the documentation and the info on this thread carefully as I cannot keep repeating myself.

To recap:

*) There is no typo in any code (the space you see gets generated by the forum editor)

*) The URI messages, invalid radio, etc. are NOT RELEVANT on the desktop. Don't stare at the log. You should use Start Mission to get into the game and these messages will be gone.

*) If they are not, apply the note on 1.5ob (first post)

*) Other issues, check the note on keyboard layout, run VA (and AHK if you use it) as admin.

*) Keep the PTT key pressed until you've heard the beeps

*) Use MS Speech Library as needed to improve your recognition rates

If all else fails feel free to send me a PM.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hollywood

You are correct. My issues appear to be "user error" so I will try Viacom again. For some reason, I reinstalled Viacom and forget about the openbeta change.

--- NEW MODULE AVAILABLE: MI8-MTV2 ---

--- NEW MODULE AVAILABLE: MI8-MTV2 ---

Good news for all you helo lovers out there. The Mighty 8 is now supported!

You can download the MI8-MTV2 profile from here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1740703/

Have fun!

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Well done that man :thumbup:

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Hey Shaz. What will solve your problem is to state the call as two individual words with very small pause in between, as in 'Sochi. Select.'.

Will investigate, there's apparently some kind of snag when this command is spoken in one go.

BTW as I'm sure you are aware in VA options you can select the Speech Recognition engine to UK English instead of US English.

Good to cover for strong west country or Dutch accents lol

I have the same problem as Shaz. No matter what I try it will not recognise this command.

I also noticed two identical Pause Key presses in the Start Mission command. I had to remove one of them to get it to work correctly.

All ideas gratefully received :)

Hi there,

The double Pause command has given most consistent results during testing. Just a single one may work for the occasional mission but will not work most of the time. Investigations continue on that one :-)

For the Select command try the suggestion I gave to Shaz i.e. speak deliberately separate words i.e. Sochi. .... Select. BTW as I'm sure you've picked up in the documentation Select command is only available in Easy Communications ON mode.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hi there,

The double Pause command has given most consistent results during testing. Just a single one may work for the occasional mission but will not work most of the time. Investigations continue on that one :-)

For the Select command try the suggestion I gave to Shaz i.e. speak deliberately separate words i.e. Sochi. .... Select. BTW as I'm sure you've picked up in the documentation Select command is only available in Easy Communications ON mode.

DOH!!

No I hadn't grasped that. Apologies, need to RTFM more carefully!!

VoiceAttack: use 1.5.8 release version only.

@ Mick no worries :)

On a different note as a gentle reminder to everyone: stick to VoiceAttack official release version 1.5.8. and do not use the VA current beta version.

There seems to have been introduced a glitch in their latest beta (1.5.8.14), I'm in touch with the VoiceAttack guys on this.

So for now: use VA version 1.5.8. only.

Edited by Hollywood_315
  • Like 1

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hi,

I've just tonight installed VIACOM 2.0 for use with A-10C. Followed all instructions in the manual to the letter and also read the appropriate posts by Davison and watched his install and setup video.

However i have yet after a few hours of trying been able to get any response in terms of actions by my wingman etc. or contact ATC, JTAc etc in any mission i've tried.

When i key the PTT Mic switches on my TM Warthog throttle, they do bring up the correct radios in sim VHF, UHF etc (with non-applicable choices in black) but sending even the most basic commands (Two, Go Trail etc.) gets no response or beeps etc from the sim or VA, nor does the comms menu change from the initial one that appears when the PTT is keyed.

The PTT switches on the throttle also seem to be in "toggle" mode rather than "hold" mode as i would have expected? The menu comes on both when the PTT is held but also stays on when keyed and then off when keyed again? I'm not using TM T.A.R.G.E.T. GUI profile mapping either.

I am on 1.5ob and have changed the file line that was specified, and have also checked the non-US keyboard issue as well and have ensured all is as it should be. I'm a Brit and i've even downloaded and installed the Windows 10 English Speech pack (cor blimey!!)

Have done the speech recognition training etc. and have a good quality mike/headset etc.

The most common error i seem to be getting from VA when the a-10c profile is running is "Invalid Radio". VA seems to be recognising most of the commands i'm saying but not all, which i guess is to be expected on first use.

I've tried numerous commands on each position of the Warthog Mic switch but the sim has yet to react to any of them?

I'm certain there's something simple i'm doing wrong but it's 02:13 here now and i've run out of ideas? Sorry.

Also:

Autohotkey script is running and tested, set to Joystick 1 (throttle) etc. Joystick 0 is my stick.

Visible comms menus are turned on and pilot speech also on.

Version 1.5.8 of VA

Have used "reset profile" and "start mission" commands prior to sim mission start, i get the 2 beeps but i have to click the Fly button myself, VA won't do it.

Hope i've included as much info as possible to help with a solution, i'd really like to get this up and running if possible.

Thanks v much.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Help Please

I am running Voice Attack as admin and I am still getting the 10:32:19 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\options.lua' and mission.lua

They are not being generated. I am saying "Start Mission" at the beginning of the mission; not clicking fly now. Also, I see from a post in here that the chatter volume is set to 3; no wonder I never heard it after saying chatter. Is there a way to globally set the chatter volumes higher, or do I have to do a "replace all" to set all the chatter volumes?

@minimi66 You seem to have a setup problem with your HOTAS.

"When i key the PTT Mic switches on my TM Warthog throttle, they do bring up the correct radios in sim VHF, UHF etc " These menus should actually not occur. You may need to check the documentation, you likely have the HOTAS MIC joystick bindings in your DCS config not removed. This would also explain the apparent ' toggle' behaviour.

Try testing with the keyboard first. If that all works fine, move on to your HOTAS setup. Read the chapter on this in the manual and let me know via PM if you need more help with this.

@Megatherion The background chatter volume is intentionally low but should be well audible. Make sure you have DCS master volume set to 50%, see manual.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com