• Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight
    • SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

Hey Bobby

Well not sure I can help you with that... I do see you're installing the beta version, try regular release 1.5.8 instead.

Try running the installer as admin, and most of all get the VoiceAttack full version license for 8 USD, as for VAICOM you will need it :-)

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hollywood,

PM'd you having discovered some faults on my part which have all now been corrected. however Voice Attack is still not talking to the sim, have yet to trigger any commands in sim at all.

Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Thanks, still having problems though.

@minimi66 You seem to have a setup problem with your HOTAS.

"When i key the PTT Mic switches on my TM Warthog throttle, they do bring up the correct radios in sim VHF, UHF etc " These menus should actually not occur. You may need to check the documentation, you likely have the HOTAS MIC joystick bindings in your DCS config not removed. This would also explain the apparent ' toggle' behaviour.

Try testing with the keyboard first. If that all works fine, move on to your HOTAS setup. Read the chapter on this in the manual and let me know via PM if you need more help with this.

@Megatherion The background chatter volume is intentionally low but should be well audible. Make sure you have DCS master volume set to 50%, see manual.

Still having this problem:

I am running Voice Attack as admin and I am still getting the 10:32:19 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\options.l ua' and mission.lua

They are not being generated. I am saying "Start Mission" at the beginning of the mission; not clicking fly now.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

I've been toying with the VoiceAttack and the F-15C profile and noticed that it opens a VoiceAttack help webpage for some commands. E.g. Flight - Engage Bandits would always open this page. Is it a profile error or perhaps because I'm using the 1.5.8.14 beta?

Also, why is it not recommended to use some modifiers, like e.g. Left Shift + Num0-3? I'd expect it would be convenient as the Num0-3 are already assigned in DCSW by default?

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh after just spending three days getting my VA to work I've just gone and dropped my damn throttle on the floor and broke the friggin comms hat switch off. Blub blub, boo hoo. And my slew switch no longer works. And the post office is gonna charge me £40 just to send it back to France for repair at TM.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Dudikoff, I noticed this the other day too - going to the VA webpage when pressing the comms switch in the throttle. It was because I had Firefox in the background while flying a mission. Simply closing down Firefox stopped it.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

@Dudikoff No profile error. Use only VA v1.5.8. If you're just toying around this could have all sorts of reasons most obvious one DCS window not having focus. Modifiers should not be used as PTT key is held during command execution.

@mr_mojo97 :eek:

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@Dudikoff No profile error. Use only VA v1.5.8. If you're just toying around this could have all sorts of reasons most obvious one DCS window not having focus. Modifiers should not be used as PTT key is held during command execution.

Yes, you're absolutely right, sorry. I was playing with it after alt-tabbing and the focus was lost and given to the browser and I see now that it's sending the commands to the active window. I'll downgrade the Voice Attack to 1.5.8 then just to be on the safe side.

Regarding the modifiers, so the PTT key is held and then its modifier is active and interferes with the commands sent?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

sorry for the total nub question just getting into this voice stuff in prep for cv1. Does this work with 2.0 nevada? Also i run a hotas warthog and would like to use the actual mic switch on it for the various push to talks, is this the best method and if so easy method of setup tips?

I will be donating as this seems to be amazing software and Fellas like you make this sim environment even better!

Edit just watched the video on post number two first page great info look forward to getting home and setting this up, may actually play single player missions now. Does this work well with dlc campaigns like enemy within?

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Hey Enduro - thanks for your kind comments man, I really appreciate it.

For the Warthog: yep, you can either use TARGET or Autohotkey, check out the documentation and Davisons 2nd post - I believe you've seen that one already.

Feel free to PM me if you need help with that.

VAICOM works with 1.2, 1.5 and also with 2.0 alpha

A few remarks on 2.0 Nevada alpha at this time:

*) ED has not fully implemented all comms yet in 2.0 Nevada, so results may vary a bit there

*) notably ATC is not fully implemented yet in 2.0a and the Static ATC mod does not apply properly yet

*) I recommend to start with 1.5 first. but if you want to try things out with current 2.0a apply the 1.5 patch (first post), replacing '.openbeta 'with '.openalpha'

All of this will evolve of course as ED development of 2.0 progresses and DCS versions converge.

Cheers

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Ok the auto hot key was good to go we both have the hotas as number 3. My 1.5 is still installed as open beta format so made the edit as page one txt said. But when I start the a10c profile it has some error in regards to finding temp mission file. Have to look at it and write it here . Even with that voice command works to start mission. But can't get anything else to work aka atc or wingman. I use realistic comma but even on voice attack it says easy comms detected?

I guess I should pm you when I have some more time I will. Thanks for all help in mean time

Could not find file voiceattack/apps/vaicom/tools/temp/mission.lua

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Big props and thanks to Hollywood for this app!

Hi everyone,

I would also like to thank Hollywood very much indeed for his patient and prompt assistance in helping me get VIACOM 2.0 working on my rig. I had some issues with button mapping on my Warthog HOTAs and by walking me through some logical steps and getting me to check a few important settings i was finally able to get full functionality from this great piece of software.

I'd tried VAC before and to be honest found it too clunky to get used to, so when i discovered Voice Attack and then VIACOM i was delighted to find a system for voice comms that worked really well for me.

You do still need to spend time playing with the various command combinations to find what works best for you with your mike setup etc. but once you've done that this VA/VC combination is in my opinion the best way to go if you are new and getting into Voice Commands in DCS (especially A-10C which VC is optimised for).

Thanks very much Hollywood, you have helped take the immersion of DCS to a new level for me!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Notice on DCS 1.5

Hi everyone

Since with ED's release version upgrade from 1.2 to 1.5 this can be a source of potential confusion, a small note on the patch for DCS version 1.5 (the note attached to first post):

*) If you are on DCS 1.5 RELEASE version (install folder 'DCS World') do NOT apply the patch.

*) If you are on DCS 1.5 OPEN BETA version (install folder 'DCS World OpenBeta'), apply the 1.5ob patch (note attached first post).

*) If you are on DCS 2.0 OPEN ALPHA version (install folder 'DCS World 2 OpenAlpha') apply the patch following the note, replacing '.openbeta' with '.openalpha'

This is where we are at the moment, the idea is that some time from now we will all have a single DCS install folder and the patch will have become obsolete.

Hope this clarifies for now.

Thanks @figgy

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Superb Job!!!

Hollywood_315, or whatever your real name is,

You are the truly awesome!!!...This program rocks and truly, a work of art. I'll definitely donate to you in the morning for this great cause and thank you for all your assistance. You are an Absolute professional in your responses. I'm sure ED loves you!!! I can actually fly a hard mission with the A10C with an immersion I will never understand, thanks to your programming. (Better than saying F1, F2 blah blah blah etc....)

A simple fix - wow!!! How could I miss this... I just simply deleted a space in between COPY and the / in the Viacom's Fetched Data and "poof" problem solved.

COPY /Y %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\tempMission.miz TEMP\tempMission.zip

I believe there was a couple of people having my same issue in the forums.

Regards,

Jose Figueroa

Thanks!

Here's a big word of thanks to all generous donators. You guys are the greatest!

If anyone has strong feelings about a specific DCS module that is currently missing and must be put on top of the list for VAICOM support: make sure to let me know.

BTW no need to mention the Hornet, you can be sure that one will be tackled instantly when it comes out :D

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Would I need to add/alter script in my Helios files with Voice Attack?

Hi,

I am very interested in purchasing Viacom 2 for Voice Attack but first was wondering if I would need to alter my Helios setup files at all (which include A10C, Ka50 etc) when installing it, as apparently needed for programs like TAC View? I understand TAC View needs extra script added into certain files when setting up Helios. Would I need to change anything with my Helios setup if I install Viacom 2 for Voice Attack and is the setup/use complicated?

Thanks,

OZTRIPWIRE

Hi there,

No need to change your HELIOS, export.lua, or anything like that. Basic VAICOM setup is straightforward, step-by-step guide is in the user manual. If you want to change your PTT keys or add HOTAS there are a few more steps. Check along this thread for tips 'n tricks. BTW VAICOM is free of charge, you will just need to get VoiceAttack licensed version from their site which is 8 USD.

Edited by Hollywood_315
typo

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Vaicom issues

Hi guys. After installing VA, VAICOM and Hotkey, I´m fighting with some issues and I´m wondering if someone could help me. Basically, everything is working but not really very well. I started with DCS 1.5 openbeta and switched to the 1.5 stable version. My issues are as follow:

- When I start VA and select the respective profile (A-10C), the famous „Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua“ appears. I tried several hints and tipps but nothing worked. I have to admit that this is not a real problem for me, because VA is working.

- When I start a new flight with the „start mission“ command, it starts but stops immediately. I have to click ESC and then resume the mission to go on.

- When I call ATC, always the nearest tower is being called. Despite easy communications is not selected and the proper radio frequency is set. After calling the original tower the nearest tower and the appropriate freq is being set automatically.

As already said, help is much appreciated.

Hi guys. After installing VA, VAICOM and Hotkey, I´m fighting with some issues and I´m wondering if someone could help me. Basically, everything is working but not really very well. I started with DCS 1.5 openbeta and switched to the 1.5 stable version. My issues are as follow:

- When I start VA and select the respective profile (A-10C), the famous „Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua“ appears. I tried several hints and tipps but nothing worked. I have to admit that this is not a real problem for me, because VA is working.

- When I start a new flight with the „start mission“ command, it starts but stops immediately. I have to click ESC and then resume the mission to go on.

- When I call ATC, always the nearest tower is being called. Despite easy communications is not selected and the proper radio frequency is set. After calling the original tower the nearest tower and the appropriate freq is being set automatically.

As already said, help is much appreciated.

Have you checked out the note on Post#1 ? "Note for 1.5 openbeta users.txt"

That VAICOM_fetch_data.cmd file has to have the right path to work.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

I started a new thread for the same question which was probably a bad idea, so I'll post the question here instead.

Everything is working pretty well for me. The one thing I can't seem to figure out is voice called profile switching.

The manual states 'Aircraft select F15c' should make the program switch to that profile. But I can't get it to work.

Typically "Aircraft select" shows recognized for the word select, but everything after that gets rejected. Even when the command looks right. Example it says 'Unrecognized command f15c'

Not having much luck figuring out this part. Also worth mentioning, I did notice in some other module manuals it says to call 'load profile', this also fails for me with call structure errors. I don't have it in front of me at the moment to describe the exact error, but I'll have to check it this evening again.

Edited by FeistyLemur

Hey Feisty

This is going to sound dull but have you tried 'Select Aircraft F15C' instead? i.e. notice the word ordering. You may want to inspect the category Special Functions to check the exact phrasing. Hope this helps. BTW you say these commands in one go, without pause.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com