• SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

@Bob

Yes, well spotted! Thanks.

This can happen if you have a space or funny character in your username.

Added to the buglist. Adding the quotation marks should fix it.

@Mick

Support for the 'Other' (F10) menu is there, but to be fair it's pretty rudimentary.

Reason is that this menu has not been possible to program against:

content could be just about anything, depending on the mission specifics.

In VAICOM there is a callsign 'Mystery' for this that you can call with Proceed command e.g. 'Mystery, Enfield 11, Proceed'.

This will take you to the next step (F1) in this menu.

If you want to make more extensive use of this menu with VAICOM, I suggest these steps:

*) In the mission call 'Mystery, Options' and hold PTT, this shows the available commands.

*) Use 'Proceed' voice command for F1 option, use F-keys if there are more options listed.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanker communications

In VAICOM 2.0 I note that communication with tankers seems to be on VHF1, while DCS World is now on UHF (251 Mhz).

Is this a problem ?

(I'm looking for the reason why I can't communicate with tanker in Easy command and Auto command).

The only problem im having right now is with ATC. If i say 'ATC, start up' it requests startup for london. If i say 'proxy select' or 'field 2 select" nothing happens and the log tells me its an incomplete command even though both words were recognized. Any ideas?

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok things are settling down and working well now. Putting the aerodrome names into MS voice dictionary really helped. I was unable to add my own pronunciations to these. No matter what it would not hear my speech with or without the button press. No problem with speech input under other conditions, just in the dictionary pronunciation window. It still seems to have helped. I also added a few other words.

Hollywood this is such a great addition thank you profusely, including your prompt assistance. Software is a service not a product, and you get that!!

Plane designations are just hard to pick up for it when I speak them. I changed them to full simple words and set the appropriate command for the profile to enact. EG instead of MIG21 and KA 50 ( the two profiles I use) I set the suffix to bison and shark respectively. This is much more reliable. All of the profile switch commands had the commands broken.

Can you please explain how to do this? I am having the same issue and would like to change the spoken word association to each profile but I don't know where to set that up.

EDIT

Able to figure it out inside the individual 'EDIT PROFILE' within VOICEATTACK. Used nouns vs fighter codes and it works great.

F-15C = "EAGLE"

A-10A = "HOG"

A-10C = "BOAR"

SU-25T = "TOAD"

SU-27 = "FLANKER"

F-86 = "SABRE"

P-51 = "MUSTANG"

It's a bit of a pain to copy profile switch commands to each of the plane profiles but the Copy-to command makes it faster. Should consider for next VAICOM release to maybe include noun based profile switch designations in addition to the normal F-XX SU-XX P-XX fighter codes.

Edited by Windsortheater

Can you please explain how to do this? I am having the same issue and would like to change the spoken word association to each profile but I don't know where to set that up.

EDIT

Able to figure it out inside the individual 'EDIT PROFILE' within VOICEATTACK. Used nouns vs fighter codes and it works great.

F-15C = "EAGLE"

A-10A = "HOG"

A-10C = "BOAR"

SU-25T = "TOAD"

SU-27 = "FLANKER"

F-86 = "SABRE"

P-51 = "MUSTANG"

It's a bit of a pain to copy profile switch commands to each of the plane profiles but the Copy-to command makes it faster. Should consider for next VAICOM release to maybe include noun based profile switch designations in addition to the normal F-XX SU-XX P-XX fighter codes.

Click edit profile. Scroll down to special commands, which are the singles at the bottom of the window. Look for the current profile switch commands, there are a few, eg f15-c the mustang, the a10. They're all listed as (suffix - Select Profile).

Delete any you don't use, eg, I deleted the p51 and the huey. Modify the ones you want to use. For example right click f15-c and hit edit, change the "when I say" field to what you want, eg eagle.

If you want to add ones for profiles that aren't already listed, just right click and duplicate, then change the settings for the duplicate to be appropriate. That means changing the "when i say", and the when this command executes do the following to select the appropriate profile. Just click the existing one, edit, in the new window that comes up change the profile it actually chooses and save it all.

I just modified mine to have a command for each profile I used, deleted all the default ones from every profile, then when you right click you also can "copy to" and copy the new suffixes to all of your profiles so they're all the same and it saves time. For example, my black shark profile has the select profile shark command that points to itself too just because it was easier than keeping track of what profiles have what, just do one and copy the new suffixes to every profile in the list you have imported. I also made mine auto swap my autohotkey scripts which is convenient.

Here's a picture of all the suffixes in my list. They all land on the first try pretty much every time i use them. Just be careful with the Mig 15 so you don't offend your neighbors shouting that code name.

RIHRpy7h.png

Edited by FeistyLemur

Click edit profile. Scroll down to special commands, which are the singles at the bottom of the window. Look for the current profile switch commands, there are a few, eg f15-c the mustang, the a10. They're all listed as (suffix - Select Profile).

Delete any you don't use, eg, I deleted the p51 and the huey. Modify the ones you want to use. For example right click f15-c and hit edit, change the "when I say" field to what you want, eg eagle.

If you want to add ones for profiles that aren't already listed, just right click and duplicate, then change the settings for the duplicate to be appropriate. That means changing the "when i say", and the when this command executes do the following to select the appropriate profile. Just click the existing one, edit, in the new window that comes up change the profile it actually chooses and save it all.

I just modified mine to have a command for each profile I used, deleted all the default ones from every profile, then when you right click you also can "copy to" and copy the new suffixes to all of your profiles so they're all the same and it saves time. For example, my black shark profile has the select profile shark command that points to itself too just because it was easier than keeping track of what profiles have what, just do one and copy the new suffixes to every profile in the list you have imported. I also made mine auto swap my autohotkey scripts which is convenient.

Here's a picture of all the suffixes in my list. They all land on the first try pretty much every time i use them. Just be careful with the Mig 15 so you don't offend your neighbors shouting that code name.

RIHRpy7h.png

Thanks. This would be good to include in setup instructions!

I downloaded & installed VoiceAttackInstaller__Beta. The Import Profile dropdown list is greyed out so I can't import profiles. Should this be active from the start?

I have tried to reload it but comes up the same.

Computer: intel i7 2600 cpu @3.4ghz , 64bit , 8gb Ram, Windows Windows 10, Twin AMD graphics Cards.

I've finally got DCS recognizing my commands but when i load the two default profiles that came with vaicom 2.0, i get nothing beyond "start mission" which starts the mission, then immediately pauses it, leaving me to resume with the mouse.

I created a few test profiles and am able to get them to register my commands to notepad. I was also able to make a quick single command where i issued a wingman an order to attack and it was received and followed in DCS. However, when i use the a10c profile that is on the first page, and it's update version, I get no response from my wingman. I'm thinking maybe I've done something with the profile? Any theories?

I've had voice attack for quite a while now for Elite Dangerous and I'm finally getting around to trying out Vaicom. However I noticed immediately that the static ATC mod which is listed as a must have is - according to it's thread and recent comments there - apparently not working under 1.5. Is that the case? Is it still required?

Thanks,

Stonehouse

@Beeroshima see PM

@FeistyLemur yep JTAC can be a pain in the behind in the beginning. You need to follow the correct flow steps, it's a learning curve.

@Stonehouse good news, it works with VAICOM in 1.5. The thing that is screwed is in the UI but with VAICOM you don't use that anyway. In 2.0 alpha version it does not work properly (yet).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C1905 met Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue. I just downloaded (I think) everything I need. I had deleted F12 from the DCS commands list, and made sure the other keys were not used...

The issue I have deals with trying to get the tanker to respond. I can hear the static when pressing the PTT, but when I give the command "tanker, refuel", it takes me to an external webpage here

Any ideas where I might have something set up wrong? Appologies for not reading all 30+ pages here in the forum.

The other thing I've tried, real quick, was to setup the mic switch on the TM:Warthog, which was ok, but could only get it to turn on, not off again like pressing the NUM0.

Thanks

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Hey hog_driver111th,

I suggest you first check that VoiceAttack is running as admin.

Send me a PM if that doesn't fix it.

The trick with the Warthog/ HOTAS setup is that the emulated PTT (NUM) key must be held down for as long as the joystick button is pressed. You can set this up in TARGET or use Autohotkey: make sure to check out Davisons post on this (second in this thread).

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

HI Hollywood,

I tried to get Vicom to work yesterday, but I'm still getting "invalid radio" right after the command recognized. this is what I'm doing:

1- start a mission

2- use the "start mission command"

3- make sure the data is loaded

4- press and hold num0

5- give a command like "Mazdok"

right after the command recognized an invalid radio show up in voice attack

I followed all the steps in the manual

i'm using DCS 1.5( NOT BATA), latest voice attack, Vicom 2.0 and su-27 profile

can you please help? I spent hours trying to get to work.

let me know if you need anymore info

thanks

Hey Bassam

Let's have a look.

"Mozdok" is not a complete command by itself (e.g. "Mozdok, Request Vector" would be).

Also releasing the PTT key too soon could be causing it.

I'll send you a PM with some checks.

Grtz

EDIT: solved.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

• 2 weeks later...

Autohotkey Question.

I have just reverted back to win 7 from 10 coz VoiceAttack kept losing focus and would stop working as soon as I started loading DCS (Dcs 2.1Alpha and Dcs 1.5 beta) Also both versions kept crashing. My question is, as i've not seen anything on the forums about it, am I to assume that when Voiceattack is started does the autohotkey script in the Viacom folder run automatically coz it's in the apps folder or do you have to run it separately. My head is spinning trying to understand this, logically I would think it would but I can't seem to get it to do so, so I have been clicking on an autohotkey shortcut on the desktop. It all works fine untill i open DCS then it stops working. Do I have to put it into my JSGME mod folder. Any help PLS Guys. thanks in advance.:helpsmilie:

edit, another reason i ask is i am tired every time to have to start TrackIR, setup NV surround, cougar MFD'S etc etc.

Edited by shaz56

Hey Shaz

I haven't heard other reports of VA crashing on either Win10 or Win7, but for Win10 it's important that VA is run explicitly as administrator.

The latest VA version incl. the now-latest beta all look stable from my side, on both Windows versions and with all DCS versions.

If you have a consistent stability problems on your rig probably best to report to VA Support on their website.

On a more general note (not related necessarily to VA/VAICOM):

All the optional peripheral stuff you need for your setup, such as Autohotkey script for HOTAS, HELIOS, TrackIR etc. need to be started separately on-by-one each time before launching DCS.

As this can be a pain in the ass to do every time I made several desktop batch scripts (.cmd) that do this startup sequence automatically with a single mouseclick.

Perhaps below example excerpt lines from my script can serve as inspiration:

START "TRACKIR" /affinity FF00 "C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\TrackIR5.exe"

START "VAICOM" /MIN /affinity FF00 "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\VoiceAttack.exe" -profile "VAICOM v2.0 A-10C"

The /affinity option you can delete if you want, I use it to assign all processes to specific CPU cores to optimize performance.

Send me a PM if you need more help.

Cheers

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hi Hollywood. First off want to say thanks for such a great looking add on. I'm excited

To get it working and was hoping maybe you could help me trouble shoot that. I've followed Davisons video and think I've done it correctly. I'm on win10 and voice attack seems to recognize my key presses ...shows vhf am when pressed etc. I hear static before and after releasing the button. I have three parallel installs of DCS. But using the official and stable release as an example, the start mission command seems to work great but when in mission when I hit the radios I hear the static but no comms menu comes up. And I don't have the no menus mod installed. I've deleted all the commands in the DCS menu and F11 and F12 etc. I try giving commands but nothing seems to happen. I also find that the autohotkey script seems to randomly stop and need to be reloaded. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Hi Jason

Thanks, let's have a look

when I hit the radios I hear the static but no comms menu comes up

This actually is normal behavior, VAICOM doesn't show you any menus.

The only exception is with the OPTIONS command.

You just go ahead and speak your command, keep the PTT key pressed until you've heard the beeps.

I try giving commands but nothing seems to happen

First check in the VA log after start mission that the Easy Communication setting has been properly read.

In the User Manual (Getting Started section) you'll find some easy examples to start testing commands with i.e. direct crew, wingmen etc.

If you have issues with command execution check the note on keyboard layout (1st post) and make sure that other programs such as TrackIR are not interfering with a keyboard hook.

I also find that the autohotkey script seems to randomly stop and need to be reloaded.

Make sure both VA and AHK are run explicitly as admin.

Let me know how it goes and send me a PM if you need more help.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

A problem with the mic key

Hi Hollywood

I have set everything up as per the instructions, I have watched the video and all was looking good. I have gone through the DCS controls setup and removed all F12 and F11 and generally checked and triple checked, then started my first test flight in A10c (Easy quick start mission).

At the mission start I pushed forward and held the mic switch saying 'Start mission', at this point the screen image pans around the cockpit, the mic switch (TM HOTAS) seems to be working as a hat switch with me being able to pan around the cockpit. I hear the two beeps and the mission starts, but then immediately pauses. I can restart by pushing the 'pause key'. I also use Helios with the 'Cap Loz profile'.

Are you able to advise where I have gone wrong?

Thanks

Neal

(Bluethornton)

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.