• Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight
    • SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

Nobody having any issues?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me setting up something incorrectly or the "break low" command works incorrectly?

Also, something is funky when I try to call "Abort Inbound" sometimes. "Request azimuth" also works weird, issuing a Request landing instead...

Should I wait for an updated A-10C profile or should I try correcting it myself?

I am running latest voiceattack and bound my Mic switch in VAICOM and unbound it in DCS.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Hey Vampire, Mojo

Make sure to apply the fix for Static ATC mod (for 1.5) here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2986946&postcount=499

@LT Check the updated A-10C profile, link in first post. This has the Break Low command fixed.

For Request Azimuth etc. bear in mind that the program assumes you have started the mission from the ramp. If you entered a mission mid-air instead e.g. some Quick Start mission you should call 'ATC, airborne' before continuing with things like asking directions, inbound etc.

• Like 1

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Yep, already done that. Funnily enough, I can't get the Mirage ATC working at all- keep getting the Invalid radio error - UNLESS I do it with another profile first. Then it works faultlessly. Wish I didn't have to do that though as it's rather annoying.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

The Mirage has a somewhat different radio setup as I'm sure you've worked out from the PDF that came with the M-2000C profile.

Make sure to verify the Easy Comms setting is recognized correctly and check the PTT setup (VHF1) combined with the HOTAS rocker switch.

PM me if you need help.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@LT Check the updated A-10C profile, link in first post. This has the Break Low command fixed.

For Request Azimuth etc. bear in mind that the program assumes you have started the mission from the ramp. If you entered a mission mid-air instead e.g. some Quick Start mission you should call 'ATC, airborne' before continuing with things like asking directions, inbound etc.

The updated profile worked perfectly, Break Low fixed! And you were spot on, I was using a hastily constructed air start landing mission for testing. Tried it with ramp start and everything seems fine. Will conduct more testing!

Thank you for such an awesome utility, Hollywood!

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Hollywood you're a star! where's your paypal button gone?

so just read thru the entire thread, copying out note for myself and thought id share, may be some use. no particular order just bullet points

-- TIP TIP TIP ---

Work on creating profiles for all DCS modules is underway. In the meantime, if the VAICOM profile for your favourite DCS module is not published, try this:

Press \ in game. If for this module the main menu starts with 'Flight': try flying with the VAICOM F-15C profile. If it starts with 'Wingman 2' try flying with the VAICOM A-10C profile.

No guarantees, and this will not work for all DCS modules, but for many you will find that in fact many, if not all, commands are working ;-)

Just a suggestion!

- Make sure you start each mission with the Start Mission voice command so that the Easy Communications setting gets read by VAICOM (see manual)

- When on Windows 10, make sure you run VoiceAttack explicitly as Administrator.

Flipping views is a result of the comms menu not being triggered properly. Common causes of which can be multiple things. Such as the system failing to detect easy vs hard coms. Failing to unbind f11 and f12 as per the instructions, or even just needing to reset the profile while in the game to refresh it.

First make sure all keys are set up appropriately as per the instructions. Unbind the ones it says to. Then make sure its detecting your coms mode and doesn't give errors in the voice attack window about failing to detect and falling back on easy mode, then lastly reset the vaicom profile while in the aircraft before you're about to start by saying "profile reset".

- Used ''Start Mission'' Command at start up instead of clicking start​

the _Menu_Chatter default volume in the profile is set to 3%.

o IMPORTANT: remove any keybind for F12 key (normally this is Static View).

o For safety remove F11 keybind also

*) There is no typo in any code (the space you see gets generated by the forum editor)

*) The URI messages, invalid radio, etc. are NOT RELEVANT on the desktop. Don't stare at the log. You should use Start Mission to get into the game and these messages will be gone.

*) If they are not, apply the note on 1.5ob (first post)

*) Other issues, check the note on keyboard layout, run VA (and AHK if you use it) as admin.

*) Keep the PTT key pressed until you've heard the beeps

*) Use MS Speech Library as needed to improve your recognition rates

​​

check VA focus is sending to DCS

reinstall bleeper breaker sounds into VA sounds dir where squelch sound is

A few remarks on 2.0 Nevada alpha at this time:

*) ED has not fully implemented all comms yet in 2.0 Nevada, so results may vary a bit there

*) notably ATC is not fully implemented yet in 2.0a and the Static ATC mod does not apply properly yet

*) I recommend to start with 1.5 first. but if you want to try things out with current 2.0a apply the 1.5 patch (first post), replacing '.openbeta 'with '.openalpha'

*) If you are on DCS 1.5 RELEASE version (install folder 'DCS World') do NOT apply the patch.

*) If you are on DCS 1.5 OPEN BETA version (install folder 'DCS World OpenBeta'), apply the 1.5ob patch (note attached first post).

*) If you are on DCS 2.0 OPEN ALPHA version (install folder 'DCS World 2 OpenAlpha') apply the patch following the note, replacing '.openbeta' with '.openalpha'

First of all make sure you have followed the steps in the user manual e.g. remove all HOTAS MIC joystick bindings.

It's important that your Warthog sends the emulated keyboard keys using press-and-hold:

MIG15 profile has chocks and F5 Radio functions

The PTT mic switch button can't cope with the 00.050 second delay however in the F5. It flicks so fast the menu doesn't appear, and instead of commands you get view changes. Increased delay of the command to 00.150 seconds and it works.

This is for Process Management > _Menu_Execute > "Else press Right alt" Increased press duration to 00.150

Anyway you can easily set the default value for Easy Comms to False: In VA go to profile edit (pencil icon), category Process Management, command _Menu_Set_Defaults.

Double click the line where Easy_Comms is set to True and change the value to False. Done.

With realistic communications the \ menu works on the ground, and in the air you must use the in cockpit ptt, Ralt \. Or in the case of the warthog there are multiple PTTs. This seems to just be how DCS works.

Like how when you're on the ground you can communicate with the ground crew just by pressing \, but if you close the canopy they can't hear you and you have to use the intercom. (at least this is how it works in the KA-50 and A-10).

Vaicom I believe uses \ for all ground crew calls with easy comms off, and Ralt \ for everything else.

Yes the auto pause appears to be default behavior. I added a bunch of other commands to my profile though for pause, resume, external view, cockpit view, map view. Nice to not have to reach forward for the F keys. I think you can change the auto pause behavior on the start mission command by simply editing that command.

​https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2986946&postcount=499

Easiest workaround is this: in DCS config add another keyboard key to the pause function (I use `~ since that doesn't seem to be used anywhere).

In the VAICOM profile edit the Start Mission command (special functions category) to send this key instead of Pause (twice).

Can you make sure that the Start Mission and related commands have this option enabled:

'allow other commands to be executed while this one is running'

• Like 2

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

LOL I did nothing but read and cut and paste. :)

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

I am having an issue with the required dependency "VAC Static ATC Menu" mod. When I enable it through JSGME I am no longer able to open the comms menu manually (with backslash) and VoiceAttack/VAICOM seems to work for some things, but not the ATC controls (which makes sense if the mod is not working). I was reading the forum post for the VAC Static ATC Menu mod (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=138994) and it seems like it no longer works with the current version of DCS. Can anyone confirm if this is the case (not working anymore), if there is a workaround, or if it works fine and I possibly didn't install something correctly?

EDIT: I just searched through the thread and found that someone had made an edit to the Static ATC mod. Should have checked first before posting I guess... If anyone is having the same problem and hasn't searched the thread, check the below post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2986946&postcount=499

Edited by BiggieSmalls

Hi Hollywood,

The VAC Static ATC Mod fix worked so that seems to be back in operation. I just noticed something that I think may be a bug. In the F-15 when I am flying with wingmen, I noticed that Flight - 'close formation' was just opening the formation menu. I found that the Comms menu tree the keypresses would be F1 "Flight" > F9 "Go Formation" > F8 "Close Formation". When I look at the VAICOM VA code it appears that it is inputting F1 > F9 > F5. I'm not sure if it is a bug, or perhaps something in the Static ATC mod is changing the order of the Flight commands.

Sorry to ask guys but I'm pulling my hair out. I know this has been asked a few times but I can't find a fix. Radio commands are causing my view to change to an external view. F11 and F12 are unbound as are num0, 1, 2 and 3. I have a non us keyboard and have changed the / command to #~ key in voice attack. I have confirmed it works on the same button for push and release. When I say 'hover check' in the uh-1 I hear the beeps release PTT and the command executes. I see the radio menu appearing and quickly moving through options but then my view switches to the external view!

I had this working previously but re-installed after a hardware upgrade. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Edit: I'm on 2.0

EDIT Again: I realized I did not have the static radio mod installed in 2.0. Installed with Jsgme and I get a crash to desktop when I click 'fly' after mission load! I tried the default static radio mod and also with the sthompson .lua version and have the same result. No crash when the mod is disabled. Is vaicom compatible with 2.0? Or more correctly is the static radio mod compatible and if not can vaicom be used without it?

Edited by Frusheen

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I am absolutely losing my mind here, lawd jesus help!

Everything worked fine! used the SST Profiler to set the hat switch on my HOTAS to Spit out the appropriate Numpad keys for PTT, all set up and working fine.

Start the game and PTT to say "Start Mission" Game doesn't unpause nor does it start itself.

Then I lose all ability to PTT, the numpad keys on the keyboard do nothing, HOTAS does nothing.

VA still sends out chatter and functions properly.

Have deleted the profile and re-imported.

Only way to restore functionality is to close and re open VA.

Edit: seems to only happen with Defend Camp Yankee mission??? That's a real bummer if so, I greatly enjoy practicing on that.

Edit 2: Nope, does the same thing on another air start mission and resetting the profile even without the game running causes all PTT input to magically vanish from the face of the damn earth.

Edit 3: tried ramp starting on black sea, seems to work. Could I still do yankee outpost just without "mission start" at the beginning? particularly if I've just started the game and all the profiles have just been loaded anyway I don't see what the purpose is on the first mission.

Edit 4: HUZZAH!!! Back to normal with 1.5 of VA, 1.6 is borked with Vaicom 2.0. That should be written somewhere in larger letters :)

Edited by Sadist_Cain

ATC Static Mod for 1.5.6 and 2.0

I recently was working on an update of the file I circulated previously that made the ATC Static Mod work again under 1.5.5. I had the new version working under 1.5.6 and 2.0 but I never got around to circulating it, and the recent updates to 2.0 may have killed it. I will try to work on this again later this week. Hoping that 2.5 will have ATC static menus built in as an option!

--sthompson, ("Softball" on MP)

please upvote my reputation if you found the previous work on this valuable.

Sorry to ask guys but I'm pulling my hair out. I know this has been asked a few times but I can't find a fix. Radio commands are causing my view to change to an external view. F11 and F12 are unbound as are num0, 1, 2 and 3. I have a non us keyboard and have changed the / command to #~ key in voice attack. I have confirmed it works on the same button for push and release. When I say 'hover check' in the uh-1 I hear the beeps release PTT and the command executes. I see the radio menu appearing and quickly moving through options but then my view switches to the external view!

I had this working previously but re-installed after a hardware upgrade. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Edit: I'm on 2.0

EDIT Again: I realized I did not have the static radio mod installed in 2.0. Installed with Jsgme and I get a crash to desktop when I click 'fly' after mission load! I tried the default static radio mod and also with the sthompson .lua version and have the same result. No crash when the mod is disabled. Is vaicom compatible with 2.0? Or more correctly is the static radio mod compatible and if not can vaicom be used without it?

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

New features in VoiceAttack 1.6.2

Hey Hollywood. Thanks for all of your work on VAICOM. It is awesome!

I just installed the latest version of VoiceAttack and noticed in the changelog description of new features that it now supports including multiple other profiles in the current one, so that you can have multiple profiles active simultaneously. See "Include commands from other profiles'" in the documentation for 1.6.2, which also describes how priorities are set when this leads to multiple definitions of the same command within the profile.

It occurs to me that this feature would permit a much more modular design for VAICOM (VAICOM 3?). You could have default profiles for VAICOM admin tasks, ATC, Tankers, Flight, JTAC, etc. all included in a profile, with only the aircraft specific commands at the top priority in a profile. I realize I'm talking about a major redesign but it would make VAICOM much more modular and make it easier to add new aircraft. It might also facilitate testing and debugging because you could turn modules on or off rather easily without having to do major surgery on profiles.

Full disclosure: I haven't tried this feature myself yet!

Anyhow, I'd be interested in any reactions you have to this.

--sthompson ("Softball" on MP)

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hi thompson

First of all big thumbs up for your essential work on the ATC mod. Highly appreciated, and I speak on behalf of all VAICOM users here. Keep going! :thumbup:

Regarding next versions yes I'm definitely considering new features and approach changes and this could be one of them.

Currently this is all in early planning stage so not committed yet.

Any VAICOM 2.5 release would be after the Merge, so it's still 2.0 for now.

Cheers

Hollywood

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Got most of my problems worked out thus far, good immersion and nice to not have to keep looking at the F keys. Though just the wingman seems to like mangling every word I say and ignoring the rest.

I'm lost at the moment with how to use the "other" menu for example I have several types of aircraft available to talk to on the AM radio but as they're not in my flight I don't know where to begin.

Camp Yankee for example "requires" you contact Boar 2-1 using the other radio menu once on station, how would I do this?

Hey Cain

The 'other' menu has support in VAICOM but it is basic since the content can be anything depending on mission specifics.

It can be accessed using the Mystery callsign over VHF2, i.e. calling 'Mystery, Proceed' will execute the first menu item.

Use 'Mystery, Options' to peek at the menu. You could then use F-keys to access listed options.

I have also heard of users customizing this further for themselves by creating additional commands in the profile for this section.

PM me if you need help with that.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hey Cain

The 'other' menu has support in VAICOM but it is basic since the content can be anything depending on mission specifics.

It can be accessed using the Mystery callsign over VHF2, i.e. calling 'Mystery, Proceed' will execute the first menu item.

Use 'Mystery, Options' to peek at the menu. You could then use F-keys to access listed options.

I have also heard of users customizing this further for themselves by creating additional commands in the profile for this section.

PM me if you need help with that.

Many thanks for the prompt response dude! Had tried the mystery command but I think the win 7 recognition was mangling my voice somewhat.

Off to discuss the background of speech recognition with microsoft sam I go.

This is an interesting one. Seems microsoft throws a fit trying to tell the difference between "defense" and "defence" with uk settings.

Adding the command "defence" seems to fix things completey, something to consider in the next update Methinks hollywood. Also adding "engaged" seems to help va understand the entire string as sometimes itll think one is saying "engaged defence"

Static ATC Mod for 1.5.6 and 2.0.5

Hi all. I've spent some time working on modifications to the Static ATC Mod and now have a version that seems to work in both 1.5.6 and 2.0.5. I mostly fly 1.5 so have not done extensive testing in 2.0.5, but have tested enough to know that it no longer crashes DCS and that the static menus work. The support for VAICOM ATC communications in the Nevada map could use some work since none of the Nevada callsigns or airbase names seem to be coded in the F-15 module, and I presume not in the others as well. You need to call them by number. For example "Nevada 3". The "nearest" function works just fine, however.

FYI, it took quite a while to track down why the static mod wasn't working on the Nevada map. It turns out that the built-in call getCallsign was crashing when applied to some of the smaller air strips and airports that have no tower communications. This doesn't happen in the Caucusus or on the older Nevada map. To work around this I had to modify both files of the Mod.

To install, drop in the two attached files in place of the files of the same name in the original Static ATC mod. Let me know if there are issues, but this seems to be working for me.

Vote me some reputation if you find this helpful!

sthompson (Softball on MP)

RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

ATC.lua

Edited by sthompson