• SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

Voice Attack Errors

All,

Getting the below errors when loading the A-10C profile in VA. Read here from Davison that a possible fix was to run VA as administrator. Tried that, but still getting the errors on load. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Joe

02:32:37 PM - Listening suspended

02:32:37 PM - Ready for commands.

02:32:37 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'B:\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

02:32:37 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'B:\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

02:32:37 PM - Easy Communications is True

02:32:37 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'B:\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\options.lua'.

02:32:37 PM - 'B:\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\VAICOM_fetch_data.cmd' completed

02:32:37 PM - Launched 'B:\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\VAICOM_fetch_data.cmd' (hidden) (waiting for exit)

02:32:37 PM - Fetching settings data....

02:32:36 PM - Initializing....

02:32:36 PM - ---- VAICOM 2.0 for DCS World ----

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those messages are normal when you start VAICOM before you start DCS itself. Except for one thing. It's a bit strange that your older messages are at the bottom of the list instead of at the top. Do you have the most recent version of VoiceAttack?

EDIT: When writing the above I had forgotten that there is an option in VoiceAttack to put the newer messages at the top vs. the bottom of the log.

Edited by sthompson
Older messages at the bottom vs top is an option

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Those messages are normal when you start VAICOM before you start DCS itself. Except for one thing. It's a bit strange that your older messages are at the bottom of the list instead of at the top. Do you have the most recent version of VoiceAttack?

I believe so. Just purchased it the other day. Will confirm, and thanks for the insight on the messages.

I have yet to get any indication that my setup is right, however. No responses from my wingman ("2") to any commands, but I do hear the response beep from VA. Still working the problem to get up and running.

@thompson - fantastic job on that fix!

I did some initial tests with Nevada and it seems to work nicely.

I've also done some succesful tests with introducing NTTR airfield names.

However the current list is some 10 airfields and I don't think it's complete yet.

So let's see how that develops.

@Joe I recommend setting VA target to Active Window.

Of course make sure then that DCS window has focus e.g. during testing do a mouse click somewhere in the DCS window and then test with VA commands.

PM me if the issue remains.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Nevada airfields with ATC

@thompson - fantastic job on that fix!

I did some initial tests with Nevada and it seems to work nicely.

I've also done some succesful tests with introducing NTTR airfield names.

However the current list is some 10 airfields and I don't think it's complete yet.

So let's see how that develops.

Hollywood: I found in 2.0.5 Nevada map that there are only 8 airfields that have a tower you can call. It's true that there are many other airfields, but they cannot be called on the radio. The set of airfields you can call (with call sign in parentheses) is as follows:

Creech AFB (IndianSprings)

Henderson Executive Airport (Henderson)

McCarran International Airport (LasVegas)

Laughlin Airport (Bullhead)

North Las Vegas (NorthLasVegas)

Tonopah Test Range Airfield (Silverbow)

Groom Lake AFB (Dreamland)

Nellis AFB (NellisControl)

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

tempMission.miz not existent in Multiplayer

Could it be, that DCS 2 OpenAlpha doesn't generate the tempMission.miz file when playing MULTIPLAYER and therefore VIACOM_fetch_data.com batch file (edited, note below) is failing?

REM extract DCS mission data --------------------------------------

DEL /Q TEMP\*.*                        

REM DCS STABLE version
IF EXIST %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\tempMission.miz (
   COPY /Y %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\tempMission.miz TEMP\tempMission.zip
)

REM DCS 1.5 OPEN BETA version
IF EXIST %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\tempMission.miz (
   COPY /Y %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\tempMission.miz TEMP\tempMission.zip
)

REM DCS 2.0 OPEN ALPHA version
IF EXIST %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openalpha\tempMission.miz (
   COPY /Y %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openalpha\tempMission.miz TEMP\tempMission.zip
)

unzip.exe -q -o TEMP\tempMission.zip -d TEMP\

MOVE /Y TEMP\mission TEMP\mission.lua
MOVE /Y TEMP\options TEMP\options.lua
MOVE /Y TEMP\warehouses TEMP\warehouses.lua

DEL /Q TEMP\tempMission.zip

--

VIACOM 2.0 (download & install as of April 3rd '17)

Static ATC Mod for 1.5.6 and 2.0.5 with sthompson NTTR improvements

OvGME

DCS World 2 Open Alpha (2.0.5.3521)

VoiceAttack 1.6.2

Windows 10 x64

All,

Getting the below errors when loading the A-10C profile in VA. Read here from Davison that a possible fix was to run VA as administrator. Tried that, but still getting the errors on load. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Joe

02:32:37 PM - Listening suspended

02:32:37 PM - Ready for commands.

02:32:37 PM - Easy Communications is True

02:32:37 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'B:\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\options.lua'.

02:32:37 PM - 'B:\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\VAICOM_fetch_data.cmd' completed

02:32:37 PM - Launched 'B:\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\VAICOM_fetch_data.cmd' (hidden) (waiting for exit)

02:32:37 PM - Fetching settings data....

02:32:36 PM - Initializing....

02:32:36 PM - ---- VAICOM 2.0 for DCS World ----

@GIJoe, did you try with a single player mission or multiplayer?

Note https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3100005&postcount=657

@GIJoe, did you try with a single player mission or multiplayer?

Note https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3100005&postcount=657

Single mission only in 2.0. Nevada takeoff I believe is the name of the particular mission. I thought it might be a problem with the fetch cmd as well, but I followed all the instructions on how to modify the file to point properly in 2.0. Tried Hollywood's testing suggestions as well. No joy.

Funny thing is when I did the same thing for 1.5(made modifications to the fetch file), everything worked just fine. Been enjoying that so much, have not given much time to continue to troubleshoot 2.0. Probably get back at it this weekend. I hate having an unsolved issue.

Single mission only in 2.0. Nevada takeoff I believe is the name of the particular mission. I thought it might be a problem with the fetch cmd as well, but I followed all the instructions on how to modify the file to point properly in 2.0. Tried Hollywood's testing suggestions as well. No joy.

Funny thing is when I did the same thing for 1.5(made modifications to the fetch file), everything worked just fine. Been enjoying that so much, have not given much time to continue to troubleshoot 2.0. Probably get back at it this weekend. I hate having an unsolved issue.

Thanks for replying. In the end I didn't do extensive testing in 2.0 and none in 1.5 as it doesn't matter much - same as you I was enjoying horsing around with it too much :pilotfly:. VIACOM work's just as fine without it for me.

But if somebody find's a fix it would be much appreciated ... :D

• 2 weeks later...

hollywood thanks in advance.

Could you tell me if i need setting easy comunication clik in DCS options (on) for vaicom plus sthopson mod can to work?.

i say that because when i setting easy comunications unclick(off) and very well set the airport tower frecuency , tower never aswer to me radio calls.

But the other hand when i set easy comunications click on in DCS World option everything work fine.

bye

good morning to all

Somebody help me and tell me how I should configure vaicom profile to 10c and the options in DCS word so that communications functions well. I do not use the easy communications and I prefer to put them off for more realism.

Thank you for your help

@mosqui No worries I'll send you a PM later with some things to check.

@DE There was an issue or two with VA 1.6 release, but during testing with current version 1.6.2 I didn't encounter any problems so far.

Will test some more but unless stated otherwise you can assume VA 1.6.2 is ok to use with VAICOM.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

unfortunate the script is looking at %userdata%....\temp\... to gather mission information, the "temp" folder used by DCS should be referenced by the %temp% variable. I don't like to use my user data folder loaded with all this temporary data and relocated it to another drive - resulting in permanent "cannot find file ..." messages from the "fetch data script". After the appropriate script modifications and the "international keyboard corrections", everything is working fine.

B.K.

Hollywood: I found in 2.0.5 Nevada map that there are only 8 airfields that have a tower you can call. It's true that there are many other airfields, but they cannot be called on the radio. The set of airfields you can call (with call sign in parentheses) is as follows:

Creech AFB (IndianSprings)

Henderson Executive Airport (Henderson)

McCarran International Airport (LasVegas)

Laughlin Airport (Bullhead)

North Las Vegas (NorthLasVegas)

Tonopah Test Range Airfield (Silverbow)

Groom Lake AFB (Dreamland)

Nellis AFB (NellisControl)

With some digging under the hood I come to the following readout for Nevada currently

I think we're looking at work in progress still.

ID = 5000044, name = TonopathAFB, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (37.784040, -116.773303, 1686.814331)

ID = 5000029, name = MellanAirstrip, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (39.818116, -114.733412, 0.000000)

ID = 5000039, name = PahuteMesaAirstrip, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (37.094831, -116.315400, 1541.363525)

ID = 5000037, name = NorthLasVegasAirport, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (36.213365, -115.186738, 679.279846)

ID = 5000031, name = MesquiteAirport, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (36.827345, -114.060335, 566.487366)

ID = 5000033, name = MinaAirport_3Q0, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (38.374547, -118.093499, 1390.512207)

ID = 5000003, name = Creech, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (36.584430, -115.686811, 952.944580)

ID = 5000013, name = BeattyAirport, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (36.868394, -116.786083, 967.133667)

ID = 5000021, name = HendersonExecutiveAirport, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (35.967469, -115.133471, 759.436890)

ID = 5000026, name = LaughlinAirport, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (35.165905, -114.559864, 200.000198)

ID = 5000042, name = TonopahAirport, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (38.058024, -117.075917, 1644.139648)

ID = 5000028, name = LincolnCountyAirport, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (37.793390, -114.419237, 1467.689941)

ID = 5000011, name = nellis, coalitionID = 2, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (36.225662, -115.043808, 561.309143)

ID = 5000018, name = EchoBayAirport, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (36.310471, -114.469338, 472.033691)

ID = 5000024, name = JeanAirport, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (35.773786, -115.325703, 860.875854)

ID = 5000008, name = LasVegas, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (36.076670, -115.162190, 661.430115)

ID = 5000016, name = BoulderCityAirport, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (35.943682, -114.860552, 646.663635)

ID = 5000005, name = groom, coalitionID = 0, country = 99(Enemies), LatLongAlt = (37.219139, -115.785311, 1369.867676)

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

With some digging under the hood I come to the following readout for Nevada currently

I think we're looking at work in progress still.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. With one exception, you can click on all of those airfields in the mission editor and learn that none of them have tower comms except for the ones I identified as active for ATC in DCS 2.0.5. The exception is Mellan Airstrip, which does not appear on the map with a clickable icon. It's an abandoned strip a bit southeast of Tonopah Test Range Airfield. (Look at the map for the inverted "V" in sector 71S, a few miles southeast of TTRA). The coordinates of Mellan do not match the data you provided above, however, and I can't find anything but desert at those coordinates.

I enthusiastically bought and tried Voice Attack with VAICOM yesterday, but to my dismay the speech recognition doesn't like the way I talk. Almost everything I say is misinterpreted. I've run the trainer in Windows several times.

I'm using the built-in microphone on the Oculus Rift.

I'm a native English speaker, and I'm talking as clearly as I possibly can.

Does anyone have any advice?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I gather that your issue is with Windows voice recognition not recognizing what you are saying rather than with Voiceattack or VAICOM. You can verify this by clicking on the mic icon in Voiceattack and giving some commands while DCS is not running. Best if you also do this with an empty profile. Voiceattack will echo back what it is getting from Windows voice recognition. Here are some thoughts if that is the problem.

1. Use headphones for audio so that your mic isn't picking up background noise from the sim.

2. I found that getting a better microphone really made a huge difference. I've never tried the Oculus so can't comment on how well it works. I use a logitech USB headset/mic and it seems to work well.

3. Try adding words that are misinterpreted to the Windows voice recognition dictionary. I added the names of all of the airfields, for example. When you add a word you can record how you pronounce that word, which helps a lot on recognition.

If voice recognition is working properly but VAICOM isn't sending commands appropriately then I've found it helps a lot to pause between the "target" part of a command and the "action" part. So, for example, if you say "Flight cover me" then this matches two different rules (1) "Flight" and (2) "Cover me." But the "cover me" action will not work unless a recipient has been given already, and since the two commands run simultaneously it is possible that "cover me" will not be able to tell who is the recipient and the command will fail. You can prevent this by saying "Flight" then pause, then "cover me." This will ensure that the commands execute in the correct order.

I enthusiastically bought and tried Voice Attack with VAICOM yesterday, but to my dismay the speech recognition doesn't like the way I talk. Almost everything I say is misinterpreted. I've run the trainer in Windows several times.

I'm using the built-in microphone on the Oculus Rift.

I'm a native English speaker, and I'm talking as clearly as I possibly can.

Does anyone have any advice?

I'm getting the invalid radio error also. I traced it through the system and found that the variables aren't being shared across commands, so setting Transmit_UHF = True in one command and checking it in another (eg. Two) will always fail, and that is the failure that gives the invalid radio error.

I created 2 more commands in the profile to see if it was my install or a Vaicom issue. The variables I used were correctly shared across commands.

I just reinstalled the version found here. I also have the version of VA from Steam if that makes a difference.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks

*Edit:

The problem is a race condition between releasing the mic key and the last command being processed due to the asynchronous processing. I reduced the chances of this occurring and eliminated the need to hold the mic key pressed until the command finishes by adding the following commands:

Mic keys up:

Add a 2 second sleep after the Stop Listening command (1 second may be fine, but may also be intermittently flakey)

Mic keys down:

Kill Commands: Transmit AUTO/UHF/VHF1/VHF2 released

With these additions the global variables won't be cleared for 2 seconds after mic switch up unless another down comes in. If a down comes in all up commands are stopped to prevent clearing of the variables after being initialized in the key down commands. This doesn't totally fix the race condition as there is no easy way to stop all commands other than the one making the stop call (it can be done, but is a royal pain as each command has to be added individually and doesn't scale well). This means if you issue a command, and then quickly issue another command, the internal state can't be guaranteed as other commands may still be processing pieces of your sentence and you may get unwanted commands triggered. For me it isn't a big deal as I don't make quick "two sit", "two lay down", "two play dead" commands within 2 seconds.

For me this is a bit more natural as I don't need to hold down the mic key until the dings. That was the part that got me before. I know its in the manual but I completely forgot in my excitement to get it working. This also requires less thinking during combat when having to make urgent calls like break high.

In the end it's a personal preference. The manual does say to hold the mic down until the beeps, but there isn't any mention of the effects of doing so and the "invalid radio" error isn't too helpful. I figured I would add this bit for anyone who finds it helpful.

Edited by tankaviator

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2017 Razer Blade w/ GTX1060

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Buttkicker

I think I'm at my wits end and might want to remove ALL of this voice software from my system and go back to the last working state. I spent 12 hours yesterday trying to get this working with no joy, and now I just want to fly again. I've read through 68 pages of this thread and perhaps because it covers several years of continuous changes, updates, work-arounds and such, it has just confused the sh#t out of me.

Finally, this morning I had it recognizing about 2 commands ('reset profile' and 'atc startup') and somehow I lost my TM Throttle Slew controls for the TGP.

I've seen various videos on it working and while several are quite impressive, I can't seem to find a 'moron's guide' to getting it all set up as most are several years old.

The Process:

I d/l'd and paid for, and installed VoiceAttack (v1.6.2). It seemed to recognize my 'American' voice with no problem; quite impressive.

I d/l'd and followed instruction on VAICOM (2.0), 'installing' it by simply copying to the correct VA\Apps subdir.

I d/l'd and loaded the obligatory MOD (Static ATC) with JSMGE.

I imported the 2 profiles, no problems

I struggled to get the setting correct on my TM HOTAS Throttle, not sure that went so well. Part of that problem is that some instructions are obviously for a previous version so it wasn't as clear as my tiny brain had hoped.

I must have done something here right since it did recognize the 2 phrases less than 50% before FUBARing my Slew (and whatever else). But I found it quite weird that it would not recognize phrases as specific as'ATC requesting startup, or Taxi, or Takeoff', or anything else!!!

So now I'm left with several choices to save any sanity left;

1) remove everything and get back to keyboard commands (which aren't so bad since I use a Orbweaver for almost all commands outside of my TH HOTAS and MFCDs). But that would signal defeat and is NOT my best option.

2) Find an updated installation guide that puts it all together in a step by step comprehensive manner, designed for a 9 year old, and then hire a 9 year old. Almost as defeating.

3) Find an updated YouTube video that doesn't introduce other programs or steps that are no longer needed; I'm still confused about the AutoHotKey.

I would really like to continue on with this adventure and would appreciate any help in getting this sorted out. The immersive experience VA and VAICOM seem to add bring a whole to new level to this SIM. I just purchased BlackShark, Huey, Normandy and Combined Arms, so I'm in for the long run. You folks have done a great job developing all this for the community; I really hope you can help.

Cheers & Thanks,

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Hollywood, I really appreciate you responding; this is your baby and it's an awesome addition to the community. If you can get me through this I would be thrilled to help update this process to get more on board with the VA/VIACOM guide...under your guidance/sanction. If more could appreciate the SIM experience via the this it would add dramatically to the community and the experience. The more people engaged, the better for all of us; DCS, you & I , and everyone that enjoys an equality in being a 'part of a unit' and flying.

More casual guys like me would seriously benefit (as well as the community) to have this updated; this really is a big deal from what I see in the various videos. As an 'older guy', I want to get engaged and take advantage of all this, and I (we) need to get it updated so it is a little easier to other can join in.

I think there is a simple method to build a 'batch' file to accomplish much of this, and I would be happy to assist. I'm sure others would be as enthralled to assist because this is what makes us a community.

Thanks so very much.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

I think I'm at my wits end...

Hang in there buddy. I was having issues as well and now I can't fly without it. I fly with the Rift and VA has changed my flying sim life.

You will get help.

:)

Edited by Scooternutz
My Speeeling sucks!

I'm getting the invalid radio error also. I traced it through the system and found that the variables aren't being shared across commands, so setting Transmit_UHF = True in one command and checking it in another (eg. Two) will always fail, and that is the failure that gives the invalid radio error.

*Edit:

The problem is a race condition between releasing the mic key and the last command being processed due to the asynchronous processing. I reduced the chances of this occurring and eliminated the need to hold the mic key pressed until the command finishes by adding the following commands:

I tend to fly planes where I don't have to select the radio and so have not experienced this exactly. (But I just picked up the Mirage and so will probably encounter it soon!) I have had similar issues with "invalid recipient" messages and also traced them to a race condition between two commands running simultaneously. I have found that the solution is to pause between the parts of a command, e.g. "Flight [pause] cover me." Without the pause then both the "flight" and "cover me" commands will run simultaneously since both match the phrase that VA sees. In this case the "cover me" command may look for a recipient before the "Flight" command has set a valid recipient. If you check the VA log you will see that the pause breaks the command into two parts that then run sequentially. I found I could solve the problem by editing the "cover me" command so that it pauses .25 seconds before checking for a valid recipient. But there are many commands that would need this editing to fix this comprehensively, so for now I've just taught myself to add that pause.

I think I'm at my wits end ...

Finally, this morning I had it recognizing about 2 commands ('reset profile' and 'atc startup') and somehow I lost my TM Throttle Slew controls for the TGP. ...

I d/l'd and paid for, and installed VoiceAttack (v1.6.2). It seemed to recognize my 'American' voice with no problem; quite impressive.

I must have done something here right since it did recognize the 2 phrases less than 50% before FUBARing my Slew (and whatever else). But I found it quite weird that it would not recognize phrases as specific as'ATC requesting startup, or Taxi, or Takeoff', or anything else!!!

Sorry to hear about the frustrations. Your description seems a bit inconsistent to me in that you say that VoiceAttack (VA) is recognizing your voice without problems but you are getting less than 50% recognition of the two phrases and it is not recognizing common commands.

If VA is not getting good recognition of phrases then VAICOM will not work properly, so you should tackle that problem first. A key thing to remember is that neither VoiceAttack, nor VAICOM actually listen to your voice. Instead, Windows voice recognition does the listening and tries to convert what it hears to text. This text is passed to VA along with a "confidence level." Then VA tries to match the text to profile rules (which is when VAICOM takes over). So if Windows is doing a bad job of converting speech to text then neither VA nor VAICOM can work properly.

The best way to work on better voice recognition is to use VA to show you the text that Windows is putting out when you speak. To do this, create an empty profile in VA with no commands and then click the icon to start listening. VA will then start echoing back to the log everything that Windows voice recognition thinks you are saying. If this is not very reliable then VAICOM does not have a chance. Start by tweaking the VA options, especially the "minimum confidence level." I found a value around 90% works well for me.

If you cannot get VA recognizing words with that confidence level you should work on that. The things that helped me get the confidence level up were (1) getting a better microphone. My first attempts used the mic from my web cam and it just wasn't good enough to get reliable voice recognition. (2) Make sure the room is quiet. In particular, I use headphones for audio so that Windows is not listening to anything except me, and in particular is not listening to all of the other noises that DCS is sending out to audio. (3) Train Windows to recognize the way you say the specific words needed to operate VAICOM. It helps enormously to spend some time adding words that VA is not confidently recognizing to the Windows voice recognition dictionary and (importantly) recording how you say those words when you add them. This is especially true for foreign words such as airfield names that Windows is never going to recognize without help.

To add words to the speech recognition dictionary in Windows 10 do the following: Open Control Panel and select Speech Recognition. Run through initial setup if you haven't done so already. Eventually the speech recognition app will run. Right click on the microphone icon and select "open the speech dictionary." Click on "add a word" and follow the prompts. When it's time to record your pronunciation you will need to click on the microphone icon so that speech recognition is listening to you. The microphone does not turn on automatically unless you leave it running all the time (which I wouldn't recommend).

BTW, assuming you get VA itself working better at recognizing your voice you probably should try a clean install of VAICOM and then test it using the default keys. Do not try mapping to HOTAS until you get it working from the keyboard. The only tweaks to VAICOM that I made to get it working on HOTAS were to change the two push-to-talk commands so that they use a dedicated HOTAS button) and also to disable the default NUM0 keybinding to these same commands. But take it one step at a time and don't try any of that until you have it working from the keyboard.