• Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight
    • SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

Thanks GM,

Thats what I've been doing today , basically every key word, airfield etc etc.

Most of the commands I use are being interpreted correctly as the log shows, every now and again it throws one out, I've just been on a Instant action mission, no comms with the wingman, prior to that I was sat on the ramp and on the command ' request startup ' it threw me out on to the tarmac, I'm still geting the static and the occasional beep which I understand means that the command was true and again this shows on the log, I've got easy comms on so I can use the F menu, to get this I have to use the backslash key, unlike in normal DCS a push on the Mic switch will bring up one of the three radios on the comms menu. just going to crack on and play around with it, I'll get there sooner or later.

Thanks again

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are using a 4-way MIC switch, like me, i have the auto radio PTT allocated to the up direction. that is useful if the radio you think should work doesn't and you can't be bothered to tune the radio

Just out of interest, have you applied that change for international keyboards that Hollywood_315 linked in the opening post of this thread? I used to get the F2 effect, when i started using VAICOM and although i can't remember for sure how i solved it, i think it might have been that one. Either that or i wasn't holding onto the PTT button long enough.

Start mission has never worked for me, I've reset profile whilst in the pit, etc, I have had the occasional beep, as you say when I've mentioned an Airbase or so,

THE BEEPS

After speaking your command with PTT, listen for soft beep sounds. These will give you feedback on how your command was processed. Note: VAICOM 2.0 has a slightly wider range of beeps than version 1.1.

Blip 1 and Blip 2 : Confirmation beeps. If your command was successful, these two beeps will be heard in rapid succession (< 1 sec.). The first beep indicates start of command execution, the second beep means execution complete. Don’t release the PTT key before you’ve heard the second beep: releasing too soon may mean the command doesn’t get properly executed. Note: Some special commands such as ATC Select produce a single confirmation beep. Note: For some special commands you may hear a sequence of beeps.

Reply Beep: You will hear this single beep to confirm a Reply statement such as ‘Roger’.

Error Blip: No one said it would be easy 

If there is something wrong with your command you may hear the Error blip before or after you release PTT. Retry your command. An error can have lots of reasons, you may need to check the VA log to identify the issue. Some examples:

• Unrecognized or misinterpreted command

• Wrong recipient / command combination e.g. call ATC, request picture

• Flow error, e.g. calling JTAC playtime 15 while you are checked in already

Note: If you think you can do without the beeps (ehm, are you sure?) , it is possible to switch them off. See Advanced Settings section.

I have yet to get a reply from my wingman or even be able to execute a JTAC command, I have however managed once to get startup and taxi from the tower at Beslan ( Smerch Hunt Mission ) but that was it, the bastard left me on the runway with no throttle movement :)

This is seriously pissing me off, I have checked and treble checked, everything is good in the VA Log, ie static / beeps, key words being recognized etc etc, however Ramp start free flight mission, start mission, negative, any comms at all ? negative, the only thing I do get is the F menu when I call Menu options, and that is that.

Would someone who has this working kindly take some screen shots of various files from start to finish, alot of you guys on here are very puter savvy, some of us are not and a picture makes more sense than trying to find a file and then interpret it, if that makes sense.

with my limited knowledge on how this all works I am finding it extremley frustrating to say the least,

cheers ta thanks

Tell me which mission and i'll see what it does for me. Some missions don't start even when you say "start mission", but they should beep twice.

Also, some missions might not set your radio to the correct frequency for the tower, when they start, so you might either have to tune it in or use easy comms and the AUTO radio PTT button.

Hi GM,

I've wiped everything to do with VA / Viacom and reinstalled with the appropiate Mods

My radios are behaving as they should within the VA Log, I'm still getting static and the odd beep whilst resetting profile, running thru a few keywords before going into the mission.

The one I've used tonight is the Instant action / East Georgia, no comms what so ever.

Thanks mate

I'll give that a go das, thanks,

Believe it or not I've spent the best part of a week trying to get this working,I've installed and uninstalled so many times I've lost count.

I think ! the main problem is the fact that I'm not getting these beeps we should hear to confirm that the command / msg has been copied, the only time I get beeps is while I'm in the VA Log window prior to going to the pit, I get static at the start and finish of the call and also a beep if the command has been interpreted correctly , but as soon as I go in the pit I get diddly shit, I'm at a loss as to what the actual problem is and how to work it out. Davidson's Youtube vid was good but Hollywood has made the whole thing better since that was recorded, I think it would be really helpful and useful if someone who has this VA / Viacom program working as good as it should be, to make another vid , with screenshots so us not so computer savvy users can actually see what our folders / files should look like, If anyone out there would be willing to do this, I for one would be extremely greatfull as would so many others.

A picture paints a 1000 words, and will make much more sense than me trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about,

Start Mission worked with the 1.5.8 VA, as said in pm, I then got dumped on the tarmac and no further comms.

I really don't believe I'm doing anything wrong but then I'm no expert by any means,

Thanks for our help HW

969122668_Viacom2.thumb.jpg.360b3fc2ee2a699319210ceca6a991bd.jpg

1863807280_Viacom3.thumb.jpg.2f30484626311b8766aadf7ed93f822b.jpg

1481250708_Viacom4.thumb.jpg.2cc5b99cd70529352f8e089a58a80a4f.jpg

I had best results with 1.5.8

1.5.12 works for me but there are more quirks I find. I've had some crashes, and last night when I was using it the commands were super slow to fire off even after restarting voice attack. Today it was fast again after a reboot of the system though.

The only real improvement from 1.5.8 I can see is the ability to bind joystick buttons.

Thanks Feisty. I currently recommend 1.5.12 because of the easier HOTAS direct setup possibility but 1.5.8 is indeed very stable and fine for users who are happy to work with Autohotkey.

@Shane PM sent.

Any news from VoiceAttack on a correction for these issues?

CPU = Intel i7-6700K

Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,

RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme

Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2

Hey Engine

They have looked into it.

For the Start Mission / unpause a solution has been found, so that appears to be resolved.

http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=592.0

For the mission.lua readout hang we have the rather frustrating situation that they cannot reproduce the problem. I can accurately reproduce it myself and of course we have users here reporting the same issue also. It could have to do with file corruption from DCS perhaps but the problem was never there before. Need to run some tests with 1.5.12, if the problem persists there also then it may point to some new issue with the mission.lua file generation.

http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=593.0

The saga continues, for the moment I recommend to use VA 1.5.12

http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=293.0

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Can someone tell me what lines in the lua file are for the static atc comms? I have a Lua file that was changed to make all the request taxi, request startup, etc. commands static and would like to change all that in the new one. I just don't even know where to start

Can someone tell me what lines in the lua file are for the static atc comms? I have a Lua file that was changed to make all the request taxi, request startup, etc. commands static and would like to change all that in the new one. I just don't even know where to start

Seek out sthompsons post with attached file on page 50. Then download the Static ATC mod listed on page 1 (actually it does't seem to be listed on page 1, maybe the manual I'm thinking of, just google DCS static atc mod it will take you right to it), which consists of only 2 files. Replace one of those files with sthompsons file from pg 50, and copy those files into the appropriate location. Just paste the whole "scripts" folder into the DCS folder and overwrite the two files when asked.

that's really all there is to static ATC, you're replacing 2 files in the scripts folder of DCS. Save them for future use in your downloads folder because any time DCS patches, you will have to copy them again. (And hope they don't break, as they did necessitating sthompsons fixed version of the one file)

Edited by FeistyLemur

Some of you guys who are still having problems with getting VA / Viacom to work may want to to try this,

If you've read through the posts you'll know I was losing the will to live :) with some help from Hollywood , Greyman, to name but two I eventually got it working,

When I said I had done everything as was explained in the Viacom manual and followed it all to the letter, that was just not true although I thought at the time it was,

However having installed / uninstalled numerous times, I decided to Repair DCS World 1.5, and lo and behold, it worked.

So if you have done everything as instructed and it's still not working, try repairing DCS , it worked for me, it might for you.

Big thanks again to Hollywood and Greyman for their input and patience,

• Like 1

You are more than welcome to my input, albeit not really that helpful.

It's good to see that you have it up and running though and leaving you to concentrate on getting those missions and campaigns sorted.

I'm loving it, although i do get some stick from the good lady wife for "talking to myself" and waving my head around like i'm being bothered by a troublesome wasp.

• Like 1

Note : I solved my "it doesn't understand me" issue with a new headset. Its recognition ability has improved tremendously. So, obviously a good quality mic is going to be a necessity :)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Note : I solved my "it doesn't understand me" issue with a new headset. Its recognition ability has improved tremendously. So, obviously a good quality mic is going to be a necessity :)

On the subject of Mics.

Avoid noise reduction software and the like. I got a creative labs card which has the "voice crystalizer" option in the software. It sounds good to the ear and gets rid of the background hiss inherent in cheap mics. But it works terribly with Voice attack, and with Windows speech recognition in general. It works far better even with the hiss in the background.

I also tried the Blue Yeti which I have, but it does not work well from the desktop. It's amazing if you speak right into it, but this impossible given it's size and being for a completely different application. And finding a headset condenser mic is a whole other ball of wax (and cost).

The best I find is still a plain old headset mic with no noise filtering of any kind. Once you have it trained in Windows it works great.

Edited by FeistyLemur