• MIG-15bis
    • Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight
    • SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

How do you do that, Greyman? I was trying to find the dictionary itself, so I could add words, and was unable to. I had trouble finding directions to it, also.

-edit Every link I find to the Windows help center is dead or takes me to the main page :(

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I got it to work finally and am now in process of creating a voice attack profile for all modules that includes all airfields by name.

And yes, you definitely have to teach the windows voice recognition the words. Not all airfields are recognized. Also quite important that you train your computer to recognize your voice, accent, etc

How do you do that, Greyman? I was trying to find the dictionary itself, so I could add words, and was unable to. I had trouble finding directions to it, also.

-edit Every link I find to the Windows help center is dead or takes me to the main page :(

Open Notepad and windows voice recognition and say: "open voice dictionary". That´s all.

Gentlemen, I have just received my Rift (see also here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3023105#post3023105) and am very happy.

For the Rift I had to set up a new PC and therefore to install everything brandnew. Rift is working fine, it´s just awesome!

After setting up my Voiceattack and Vaicom (which has run smoothely on my former system) I ran now into problems.

Speaking a command, VA seem to recognize everything well as you can see in the screen shot.

But in DCS nothing happens.

Regarding that problem, I also figured out that I cannot open the comm menu (default key "#") in DCS while flying.

Maybe the one problem is associated to the other...

Any ideas?

VA.jpg.24dbc9316f42bf287ea47f1e1e9e5e5e.jpg

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

By the way: "Start mission" does work with VA. I find myself now in paused function and have to unpause it manually - that is different to my former system. But VA looks like recognizing my commands, still having no comm menu to work with.

When I hit the comm key "#" it looks like something happens in the background. If I hit the F-buttons, it takes 2-3 hit to get to the external view. So it seems, that the comm menu is somewhere activ, since only after multiple F-commands the external views are available.

EDIT: In DCS 2.0 Nevada I can see the comm menu...

EDIT2: So in DCS 2.0 everything works fine, also Voiceattack. My problem is therefore only in 1.5 with the missing comms menu

Edited by MadMonty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

Thx Greyman - I have already made the keyboard fix for foreign languages and it runs in DCS2.0. So the keyboard is not the issue...

I am reinstalling 1.5 now, since it is working in 2.0. I hope this fixes it.

A new installation has done the job. VA now runs fine also in 1.5.

Now the fun may be begin... :pilotfly:

OK, now I could reproduce the same failure, after changing everything step by step to where it has been.

In DCS 1.5 I am loosing the comms menu (and therefore cannot use VA) as soon as I install the mod VAC ATC (v1.0 by whartsell). Since it is the only "must have" mod, I am asking for a solution or if the games also runs without it (what it looks like by now).

Cheers and good night,

Monty

OK, now I could reproduce the same failure, after changing everything step by step to where it has been.

In DCS 1.5 I am loosing the comms menu (and therefore cannot use VA) as soon as I install the mod VAC ATC (v1.0 by whartsell). Since it is the only "must have" mod, I am asking for a solution or if the games also runs without it (what it looks like by now).

Cheers and good night,

Monty

If you mean the Static ATC mod then version 1.5.5 broke it. However you might take a look here to see if the fix I made works for you.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2986946&postcount=499

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hi,

I'm using Vaicom for some time now and it works absolutely great. However, I still have some trouble contacting JTACs (when there are multiple ones).

I often fly Dragons Training Missions and no matter what freq I dial in and no matter which callsign I use (Darkknight, Axeman, Pontiac, Pointer, etc.): Vaicom is constantly calling the wrong JTAC.

For example I dial in the freq of Pointer and contact him with "Pointer, Enfield 1.1, checking in for 15 mins" but Vaicom then triggers Axeman. This is probably because he is the closest one?!

Am I doing something wrong or is there some kind of workaround?

I attached the miz-file for testing.

EDIT: oh I forgot to mention that easy comms are off.

DRAGONs_JTAC_Training_v42.miz

Edited by Hooubie

Thx for the quick answer. How does the jtac select command behave? Does "JTAC select one" select the first jtac in the F4 jtac com menu? My understanding was that VAICOM checks the Freq von VHF2 and selects the right JTAC accordingly?

If you mean the Static ATC mod then version 1.5.5 broke it. However you might take a look here to see if the fix I made works for you.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2986946&postcount=499

Thank you very much Thompson - that has solved the problem. I had it installed in my former system, but just have forgotten this fix. Too many things to remember when setting up everthing new. I will write a checklist... :book:

Thx for the quick answer. How does the jtac select command behave? Does "JTAC select one" select the first jtac in the F4 jtac com menu? My understanding was that VAICOM checks the Freq von VHF2 and selects the right JTAC accordingly?

Really can't say about the checking of frequency it does. I don't think I ever had much luck with multiple jtac if I remember right. I haven't used the a10 in a while. I was able to make it switch with the select one select two thing I think.

Also posted this over in the F5E forum so please excuse the duplication but hoping for maximum exposure:

Just getting back to DCS after a while and I'm busy getting everything set up and learning to fly the F5E. Does anyone have a Vaicom/Voiceattack profile to save me a whole lot of time please? Already spent most of the day installing and reading the manuals.

Any assistance much appreciated and paid back with rep and karma.

Cheers,

WB.

Really can't say about the checking of frequency it does. I don't think I ever had much luck with multiple jtac if I remember right. I haven't used the a10 in a while. I was able to make it switch with the select one select two thing I think.

I tried the select command but it really is no real sollution. As you said: The F-key binding changes all the time. A static JTAC mod would probably solve the problem.

One possibility is to fly as close as possible to the jtac before contacting him. However this only works if no other jtacs are close nearby (which is the case for dragons training mission). The best option is to only fly missions with just on jtac :(

Does this still work in the latest DCS or DCS 2.0? Looking at the Static ATC mod (required) it doesn't appear to support either.

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

FIX

Does this still work in the latest DCS or DCS 2.0? Looking at the Static ATC mod (required) it doesn't appear to support either.

Yes, there is a fix for the Static ATC mod for DCS 1.5.5 in this thread.

Read a few post back.

Works great!

Don't know about DCS 2.0

CPU = Intel i7-6700K

Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,

RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme

Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2

V.A. and Saitek profiler

Hi all

I'm using Saitek X52, and Saitek profiler where i have all profiles to DCS airplanes.

Problem is:

When i load up A-10 profile in saitek profiler, Voice Attack don't see my hotas in general options, and i cannot use built in PTT option (hotas is inactive in v.a.). When i clear it up (or disable) and restart Voice Attack, i can configure it.

I tried to reconfigure X52 in simulation (rewrite all key bindings to DCS), but then i found different problem. Without Saitek Profiler i cannot configure "MODE option" in DCS and V.A. - it's when You're using pinkie switch and other buttons on HOTAS, e.g. in profiler i can program throttle 4-way hat in two way: without pinkie switch is COOLIE, and with pinkie switch is MIC. DCS and V.A. "don't see" pinkie button as a MODE button.

Any ideas?

Hey pynio

Question seems pretty specific to the Saitek, no expert myself but plenty of users out there I believe so maybe others can comment.

It sounds as if when the Profiler is used the X52 is no longer visible as a DirectX device to Windows. If it was, V.A. would be able to see it also.

I'm assuming you're using the refresh circular icon in VA before you config a PTT key.

Perhaps this can be a question also for a Saitek/X52 specific thread.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally had this working just as it should yesterday - all day in fact. Come to boot up today and everything but the atc work and only in 2.0 - 1.5 doesn't work at all. Am I supposed to save something somewhere? Just keep getting the ATC not selected message. Any ideas? Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |