• SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

Update on VAICOM 2.5

Many thanks @WhiteGuy for the generous comments

You really need to tell us more about those two girls in ###### sometime lol :thumbup:

---- UPDATE ON VAICOM 2.5 ----

Let me briefly share with you all what's currently in the pipeline for VAICOM 2.5.

I've been programming in lua and C#/.NET over the last three months.

Still much more stuff to do but I've made some great progress in several key areas and all base functions are already up and running.

I'm excited about the new release which I hope to get out before end of this year.

So what's it all about? Well I can't share all details here but as a preview here are some highlights.

VAICOM 2.5 will be a .dll VoiceAttack plugin using advanced interfacing with the DCS core event/fsm engine to really seamlessly integrate into the DCS World experience.

Things like UDP network protocol and JSON objects exchange are used for all interfacing under the hood.

As a user, things becomes completely transparant. The Menu system is not used at all and is completely bypassed.

This allows for an unparalleled immersive experience and the keyboard and menu-free interaction makes VAICOM 2.5 the ideal companion for e.g. VR users.

Amongst other things this new foundation makes also for a much simplified installation.

There are no more dependencies on any external mods, keyboard language layouts, DCS config settings, Windows configurations, DCS versions etc.

VAICOM 2.5 will will be a straightforward install-and-go experience for novices and power users alike.

VAICOM 2.5 will come in a FREE edition and a PRO edition. These work automatically with any DCS version.

They will share the same foundation where the FREE edition has roughly the same functionality as VAICOM 2.0 with all the advantages of the new architecture.

VAICOM 2.5 FREE

This version will be free for all to download.

It is a complete and full-functional package.

• Auto-module selection (i.e. single profile) supporting all DCS aircraft modules currently supported by VAICOM 2.0,
  • Support for DCS theatre modules currently supported by VAICOM 2.0 i.e. Caucasus and Nevada,
  • Advanced settings options such as for hiding menus, disabling player voice etc.,
  • Seamless JTAC/ATC flow handling using the core DCS fsm directly (no more flow sync issues),
  • Extended command set reach (i.e. include commands not listed in menus),
  • Multiplayer support,
  • etc.

VAICOM 2.5 PRO

A license key for this version will be around EUR 6,00 (free of charge for VAICOM 2.0 donators).

PRO edition has all features of the FREE version with quite a bit more on top:

• Auto-module recognition supporting ALL DCS modules, including e.g. all WWII aircraft, helos,..
  • Auto-configuration (self-learning) feature to automatically support any future DCS module releases (such as new aircraft and theaters),
  • Cross-module extended command sets (ever wanted to do JTAC mission in an F-15C? now you can!),
  • Support for future extension pack releases (chatter themes, cockpit voice control pack,..),
  • More advanced settings options such as for voice (keyword) training mode,
  • Extended configuration capabilities e.g. run VA/ICOM on a different PC than DCS World,
  • etc.

Details may still change and things will be specified in more detail around release time.

I hope this is helpful for now to give you an idea.

Of course in the meantime any questions on v2.0 keep 'em coming on this thread - plenty of knowledgeable users who can help you out.

Happy flying! :pilotfly:

Hollywood

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow been a long time since I used this but this 2.5 stuff sounds great. So regarding "more detail around release time"... Is that 2.5 release time very far off? Month? Half a year?

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

and theater NORMANDY too for VAICOM 2.5 PRO ;)

will be great

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

Hollywood,

Thanks for the PM, as I mentioned in my last post, my issues have been fixed by some unknown power. I really don't have a clue what I finally did right but it's all working with great joy.

The most curious issue is the part about - Recognized 'Batumi' and several other Caucasus airfields but VA error mentioned it was 'not in theatre', not sure how/where to trace this one but there must be some Error List that gets called. Again, I didn't have the active brain cells to screenshoot or save the messages at the time but it definately mention the 'not in theatre' part. Once I deleted both A-10C and F-15 profiles and re-imported the A-10C only, that has not happened again.

One minor issue I have now is that 'Start Mission' is a 50/50 coin toss; when it doesn't respond and I have to hit the button manually, everything works just fine though so it's really a non-issue.

Easy Comms - played it both ways and actually enjoy it OFF for now. Make me think more about what I'm doing.

With that in mind I'm still curious about how its supposed to work.

As an example, with Easy Comms OFF I go through all the normal steps to take off from Kobuleti and once in the air over the water I dial my radio to Batumi (@131) to announce Inbound but get a response from Kobuleti (@133) until I'm way south of the abandoned target airfield starting my approach descent. I would assume that Kobuleti wouldn't hear me as I'm not on their channel.

One more thing I'll ask but it is not a problem; using a TM HOTAS Throttle, is there a position on the Radio Switch that can be set for non comms so I can use it to trigger the mic and use my in-cockpit commands such as Gear Up/Down, TGP, MasterArm Hot/Safe, Trim Reset, etc. Right now I'm using the usual Mic - Forward but wanted to organize the processes better.

All in all, things are going great and VAICOM is a superb MOD enhancement to DCS as it adds so much more immersion. I would hope that DCS can develop more realistic COMMS dialog with your integration so we might have a true ATC module with various levels of restrictions for those that appreciate dealing with COMMS vs those that just want to get airborne kill sh!t.

Appreciate all your efforts with this MOD and your personal support to all aircrews & members!:pilotfly:

AvgWhiteGuy [aka R@ttler]

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

@WhiteGuy Agree in this scenario with EasyComms OFF you would expect Kobuleti not to respond since you're not on their channel.

It looks like it could be defaulting to nearest airfield for some reason.

You may want to check the log if Easy Comms is properly recognized as OFF during profile initialization and also if there are no voice command misinterpretations.

PM me if you need help with that.

VAICOM 2.5 will support dedicated (HOTAS) hotkey options for non-comms command. But also in VAICOM 2.0 you can quite easily set this up yourself:

In the profile duplicate the commands for 'Transmit VHF1 Press' and 'Transmit VHF1 Release' in the Push-To-Talk category.

Assign the HOTAS button you want to use to both of these commands and then edit them so that they only contain the action 'Start VoiceAttack listening' and 'Stop VoiceAttack listening' respectively and nothing else.

That should do the trick.

@SpeedStick For release date I'm aiming well before Christmas so expect within appx 3 months from now.

@JallieFR Yes VAICOM 2.5 PRO will support Normandy theater :thumbup:

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hollywood, where do I find the 'log' file as you suggest?

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Hi. Can voiceattack detect / extract selection and action commands from one phrase like 'articulate' does?

Does VAC? I want to start using voice commands and want full phrase detection (like articulate) as well as configurability. Any suggestions appreciated!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

--> @JallieFR Yes VAICOM 2.5 PRO will support Normandy theater thumbup.gif

can you add a command when using VoiceAttack ; press to transmit --> to MUTE TS micro too ;)

and when release ... to re-open TS micro

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

Many thanks @WhiteGuy for the generous comments

You really need to tell us more about those two girls in ###### sometime lol :thumbup:

---- UPDATE ON VAICOM 2.5 ----

Let me briefly share with you all what's currently in the pipeline for VAICOM 2.5.

I've been programming in lua and C#/.NET over the last three months.

Still much more stuff to do but I've made some great progress in several key areas and all base functions are already up and running.

I'm excited about the new release which I hope to get out before end of this year.

So what's it all about? Well I can't share all details here but as a preview here are some highlights.

VAICOM 2.5 will be a .dll VoiceAttack plugin using advanced interfacing with the DCS core event/fsm engine to really seamlessly integrate into the DCS World experience.

Things like UDP network protocol and JSON objects exchange are used for all interfacing under the hood.

As a user, things becomes completely transparant. The Menu system is not used at all and is completely bypassed.

This allows for an unparalleled immersive experience and the keyboard and menu-free interaction makes VAICOM 2.5 the ideal companion for e.g. VR users.

Amongst other things this new foundation makes also for a much simplified installation.

There are no more dependencies on any external mods, keyboard language layouts, DCS config settings, Windows configurations, DCS versions etc.

VAICOM 2.5 will will be a straightforward install-and-go experience for novices and power users alike.

VAICOM 2.5 will come in a FREE edition and a PRO edition. These work automatically with any DCS version.

They will share the same foundation where the FREE edition has roughly the same functionality as VAICOM 2.0 with all the advantages of the new architecture.

VAICOM 2.5 FREE

This version will be free for all to download.

It is a complete and full-functional package.

• Auto-module selection (i.e. single profile) supporting all DCS aircraft modules currently supported by VAICOM 2.0,
  • Support for DCS theatre modules currently supported by VAICOM 2.0 i.e. Caucasus and Nevada,
  • Advanced settings options such as for hiding menus, disabling player voice etc.,
  • Seamless JTAC/ATC flow handling using the core DCS fsm directly (no more flow sync issues),
  • Extended command set reach (i.e. include commands not listed in menus),
  • Multiplayer support,
  • etc.

VAICOM 2.5 PRO

A license key for this version will be around EUR 6,00 (free of charge for VAICOM 2.0 donators).

PRO edition has all features of the FREE version with quite a bit more on top:

• Auto-module recognition supporting ALL DCS modules, including e.g. all WWII aircraft, helos,..
  • Auto-configuration (self-learning) feature to automatically support any future DCS module releases (such as new aircraft and theaters),
  • Cross-module extended command sets (ever wanted to do JTAC mission in an F-15C? now you can!),
  • Support for future extension pack releases (chatter themes, cockpit voice control pack,..),
  • More advanced settings options such as for voice (keyword) training mode,
  • Extended configuration capabilities e.g. run VA/ICOM on a different PC than DCS World,
  • etc.

Details may still change and things will be specified in more detail around release time.

I hope this is helpful for now to give you an idea.

Of course in the meantime any questions on v2.0 keep 'em coming on this thread - plenty of knowledgeable users who can help you out.

Happy flying! :pilotfly:

Hollywood

Wow, the pro version sounds too good to be true. I'm in. The price is more than acceptable for the effort. I always wanted support for all the new modules, but never took the time to create a profile. It is not so straitforward, especially because the com menu of modules are not in the same order. So, looking forward to my xmas present.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

@Windsortheater "Can voiceattack detect / extract selection and action commands from one phrase like 'articulate' does?"

VA does not have this feature by default, but the VAICOM 2.5 plugin actually does support it.

It accomplishes this by using its own optimized pattern matching algorithm.

@JallieFR "can you add a command when using VoiceAttack ; press to transmit --> to MUTE TS micro too"

You can actually quite easily do this already yourself. Use passthrough (see User Manual section on TS) and/or add

your own keysend actions to the press.release commands with the sent keys corresponding to TS mic mute/unmute.

@kunterbunt :thumbup:

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

• 2 weeks later...

VAICOM 2.5 Pro will be a Day 1 buy for me. Hollywood does not disappoint. One of the best tools for DCS and I am sure it will be worth every penny.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

@JallieFR "can you add a command when using VoiceAttack ; press to transmit --> to MUTE TS micro too"

You can actually quite easily do this already yourself. Use passthrough (see User Manual section on TS) and/or add

your own keysend actions to the press.release commands with the sent keys corresponding to TS mic mute/unmute.

@kunterbunt :thumbup:

thanks ... I tried it to do ... but ; my mic bouton on Cougar Gaz is not seen by TS :(

no soucis with VoiceAttack

waiting to my next joystick MCG Pro ti map it directly on the stick ...

will there be a special post for VERSION 2.5 Pro ?

This really is an incredible mod, thank you! I just got my install finished up this morning and I'm really enjoying it....just need to get Windows to recognize my voice a lot better than it currently does.

2.5 will be a day one purchase for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

This really is an incredible mod, thank you! I just got my install finished up this morning and I'm really enjoying it....just need to get Windows to recognize my voice a lot better than it currently does.

2.5 will be a day one purchase for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same for me...

Like it a lot and 2.5 day one purchade for me to :)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600 oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / logitech warthog hotas

Edited by _schepper_

Anyone have any idea what causes this error?

Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'D:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hi guys, I've been messing around with trying to get this work for hours and hours and it doesn't seem to be working on 2.1.1.9006.265 on the NTTR map?

If anyone has it working could you please post up to date instructions for VAICOM 2 as the ones on the first page don't seem to work. Specifically my issue is that the radio menu never pops up to select the radio options, so instead my views change due pressing the F keys but when I press the radio keys myself it pops up without issue.

Edit: I set everything up including the key bindings exactly as the guide recommends.

Edited by Zeaus

Hey guys in case the menu doesn't open using your keyboard you may want to double-check the sthompson fix for the Static ATC mod see (first post).

Also should you have a non-US keyboard make sure to check the note on the steps to take with that.

Also make sure potentially interfering apps such as TrackIR are not stealing any keybinds.

If nothing helps feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thank you so much for this! Exactly what I was looking for! ...if only I could get it to work. :P

I'm getting an "Invalid Radio" error every time I try to issue a command. Tried with ATC commands and wingman commands and verified that VA is hearing my commands accurately. I'm using the Su-27 profile, if that matters.

A couple of weird things that may help explain it: When I say "Start Mission," it dismisses the briefing window, but the game remains paused. I have to hit esc to bring up the main menu and then click resume to make the game actually start. Also, the \ key no longer brings up the comms menu for me, but I've verified that it's definitely the correct keybind. It worked just fine before installing and setting up VoiceAttack/VAICOM. (EDIT: sthompson's fix took care of that! Still getting Invalid Radio errors though unfortunately.)

Edited by SpiralOut

Hollywood - will you be building into 2.5 the mapping needed to navigate the F-14A/B comm rose from Heatblur to communicate back and forth with Jester AI?

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/posts/774159932771627

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Hollywood, enjoying the sh!t out of this, thanks again for all your efforts.

Got a question regarding mixing VA/VAICOM with regular (boring) keyboard function methods for JTAC. I haven't gotten as involved in the JTAC VAICOM aspect as I have with normal commands and I seem to have hit a little snag I suspect is related to the HOTAS assignments.

I cannot get any JTAC comms working when I use the normal keyboard although I'm on the correct channel. Using the '/' key mapped to my Orbweaver keypad I can still access all the regular COMMS command lists but, even though a JTAC commands may be listed it doesn't seem to work at all. Note I have Easy COMMS off.

I'm thinking that it is related to the HOTAS using MIC [aft] as the VHF2 Transmit but the current assignment may not be actuating it.

The bottom line is how do you set up the HOTAS for MIC[aft] to operate as VHF2 without VA/VAICOM while using MIC[forward] to operate as VHF1 with VA/VAICOM?

BTW, you can definately count on me as a supporter and future 'customer' for the upcoming VAICOM 2.5 PRO. PM me details and I'll gladly be a 'donator' :thumbup:

@Spiral Sounds like you're progressing, PM me if you get stuck.

@WhiteGuy Cheers mate. Sure you wanna go that route for all sorts of key remapping for JTAC?

All JTAC flows are supported by VAICOM so I would definitely recommend trying that.

Test it with Easy Comms on first. If you can be specific about any issues with it PM me and we'll get you sorted.

@Buckeye Sure looks like cool stuff. Don't expect anything in initial release for 2.5 PRO though as I need to focus on core functionality first.

But interested to find out more about the project at some point to see what can be done with it.

@all thanks for the supportive comments :thumbup:

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your work, Hollywood, I'm really enjoying VAICOM. I play on the Open Conflict server. Players can call up an F10 menu and drill down for air-to-air and air-to-ground objectives. Further info about specific targets can be requested by typing a text command in the chat.

Friendly Suggestion: I'd like to see some of the Open Conflict server commands added to future VAICOM.