• MIG-15bis
    • Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight
    • SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

Please be clear here, you need a BETA version less than 2.0 to import any profiles ? PLease explain the difference in these 2 pieces of software.

Also please let me know the folder structure or weather that is critical ?

Do all Profiles have to be Imported to VOICE ATTACK ?

I have installed Vaicom under the Voiceattack (the 2.0 version) folder and I added "Apps" which seems to be a must according to the instructions. I also downloaded the SU25 and SU27 profiles, and it is unclear if those need to be in a specific folder.

I am also receiving the same error loading profile ... error in .xml (18,12), for any profile that I tried.

Thank you

Edited by marcwoolery
additional detail(s)

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and I hope someone can help me. I have suffered some of the same anguish and frustrations that others have in getting their Vaicom to work. I have struggled for days installing and then deleting and reinstalling etc. Not only that I have been through all 76 pages of this forum trying to identify the issues. I have followed them and the manuals etc. and I'm making progress albeit very slow. I'm at the stage where my hotas PTT works correctly. to get there I have the correct keyboard fix (UK board) I did the Static ATC Mod update so thought I should be sorted.

However, When I enter a quick start mission to test (A10 profile in DCS 1.5) nothing happens when I give the command to "Start Mission". The VA log has recognised the command but I get the following error message in the log. In Nevada, when I press the PTT I get dumped out of the A10 and onto the ramp next to an F16!

22:14:46 - Unable to get a target for command '*Start*' (Global Level). Check the, 'Send commands to' setting above.

Thanks

Waist cat

I can't go back through the 76 pages again and a search of the thread using the error returns nothing so here I am hoping its a simple error that I need to fix.

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

@waistcat The error looks as if it could be related to VA not running as admin:

double check the 'compatibility' tab of your VoiceAttack shortcut on the desktop and make sure 'Run This program as administrator' is checked.

Send me a PM if that doesn't sort it.

@steve Yes the L-39 should be covered in the upcoming 2.5 PRO release.

@marcwoolery The VAICOM folder needs to be placed in the Apps folder i.e. in C:/Program Files (x86)/VoiceAttack/Apps.

PM me if you need more help.

The pay version is 2.5 PRO which I'm working on atm, expect release date around December.

@Sabotage No promises yet but I'm looking into this area to see what can be done :joystick:

Thanks

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hi Hollywood,

That didn't solve my issues I'm afraid, still getting the failed to start message. The run as administrator wasn't checked but having checked it, the problem remains. I did always run VA as administrator.

Appreciate the help by the way.

Waist cat

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

Hi Hollywood,

I got your PM and tried to reply.

you got this

Hollywood_315 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Looks like its time for clean up!

Anyway you nailed for me. The active windows was incorrect and I'm good to go now.

Thanks again and looking forward to 2.5..

Hi Hollywood

The VA profile gave me the URI error so I looked into the VAICOM_fetch_data.cmd. I edited it a little by adding a pause command to it so I could see what was wrong there. It gave me these errors in the promts as it tried to run them:

"Access denied"

"Syntax error"

Here is how I got these errors fixed: First I had to change the whole tools folder security permissions to allow user full access. Then I converted the VAICOM_fetch_data.cmd to bat format and fixed those syntax errors in notepad++. Then I had to edit the VA VAICOM profile to recognize the bat instead of cmd.

Took me a good amount of time to fix it to get it work. But I can tell you damn it was worth it. I'm enjoying this a lot so thank you so much for doing this profile!

If you need any more details on these problems I had to face then you can contact me vie PM on this forums. I'm willing to get on skype to voip chat this over if needed.

Cheers,

Reho

Edited by Reho

Can anyone help me with the following.

Whilst editing the PTT A10C Profile / assigning the correct buttons to the radios on my warthog throttle, I'm ticking the correct boxes and have the correct radios assigned however voice is disabled and so are the shortcuts .

Transmit VHF 2 Released ( voice disabled ) { Num3 } ( shortcut disabled ) joystick2 Button6

etc etc

I'm getting no beeps only a deep thud type sound , if I wasn't bald I'd have pulled all my hair out by now. hellllllp.

Cancel the above, worked through it and managed to get it sorted, don't ask me how just trial and error, persevation and a shit load of swearing and muttering. got there in the end, now just need to brush up on my vocabulary skills. fkn yeeeee haaaaaa

I am new to VoiceAttack and and get the "Invalid Radio" error message each time I use a VAICOM command that's understood by the software. What am I doing wrong?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I am new to VoiceAttack and and get the "Invalid Radio" error message each time I use a VAICOM command that's understood by the software. What am I doing wrong?

do you start the mission with "Start mission"? (i.e instead of hitting "fly"/pause key, hit a PTT and say "start mission")

I missed that one when reading the manual.. I was stuck with that error for ages until I figured that out....

Now I'm stuck with voice recognition that doesn't like my accent :|

do you start the mission with "Start mission"? (i.e instead of hitting "fly"/pause key, hit a PTT and say "start mission")

I missed that one when reading the manual.. I was stuck with that error for ages until I figured that out....

Now I'm stuck with voice recognition that doesn't like my accent :|

Just add specific words to windows voice recognition dictionary. If memory serves, just open wordpad and say "open speech dictionary" or something.

Then you can add words like "Hawg", etc. :)

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 3 weeks later...

Planned release for VAICOM PRO

Hi all,

As a brief update things have been progressing well over the last few weeks.

Developing this new plugin actually turns out to be time-consuming stuff with lots of details to sort out and test :joystick:

But, all with good result! We're now a couple of weeks away from the release of VAICOM PRO 2.5.

Over the coming period I'll be working on the finalizations.

If all goes well I'll be releasing on or around December 20th.

Thanks for your patience and watch this space.

All the best,

Hollywood

Edited by Hollywood_315
  • Like 1

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

That’s awesome Hollywood, looking forward to getting this big update. Thanks for all the effort ....TAKE MY MONEY!!

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Hi all,

We're now a couple of weeks away from the release of VAICOM PRO 2.5.

Over the coming period I'll be working on the finalizations.

If all goes well I'll be releasing on or around December 20th.

Thanks for your patience and watch this space.

All the best,

Hollywood

Fantastic news! I've only briefly used 2.0 due to limited time, but it is an impressive addition to the hobby, especially in VR. Looking forward to trying out 2.5 Pro!

Thanks

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh God, yes! Two weeks away! AWESOME!

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Great news! As committed previously, this will be a day 1 purchase for me Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I'm getting the dreaded, "8:23:07 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'."

error when I attempt to start Voice Attack/Vaicom 2. I previously had this working. Can anyone please assist? BTW post 666 is not helpful as previously referenced by someone else earlier in this thread.

I'm running as administrator.

thanks for the help!

I'm getting the dreaded, "8:23:07 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'."

error when I attempt to start Voice Attack/Vaicom 2. I previously had this working. Can anyone please assist? BTW post 666 is not helpful as previously referenced by someone else earlier in this thread.

I'm running as administrator.

thanks for the help!

That's only an error if you get it when you give the "Mission Start" command. it's normal to get that when you first start VoiceAttack or load a profile with DCS not yet running because there is no mission yet.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals