MK82AIR Ripple example video

112th_Rossi

I had some questions from a few friends on how to deploy MK82AIRs (or any other dumb bomb) in ripple mode so they can wipe out large groups of targets.

So I decided to put together a few short videos on how to configure weapons for simply destroying a line of trucks, from that I hope others can adapt the technique for different scenarios

3e2Orrsz8Hs

Hey, Rossi

:-)

Pow pow pow pow,,, pow!

It was kind of hard to see -- what did you set in the profile?

RIP SGL

TAIL

RIP QTY

WC

PS -- you missed one. :D

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Hey, Rossi

:-)

Pow pow pow pow,,, pow!

It was kind of hard to see -- what did you set in the profile?

RIP SGL

TAIL

RIP QTY

WC

PS -- you missed one. :D

It's in the description of the video on YouTube. RPL SGL, RPL QTY=12, 25FT

Really not sure why my first bomb fell short. If anyone can explain I'd appreciate it.

Nice pass! Would it be better to use CCRP mode in those low altitude situations? That way you are not diving on the target? Or does that just make me a better target?

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

It's in the description of the video on YouTube. RPL SGL, RPL QTY=12, 25FT

Really not sure why my first bomb fell short. If anyone can explain I'd appreciate it.

The pipper does not show the first ripple realease point of impact, but rather the central point of impact of the entire release.

As was stated a CCRP release is a option for that level release, but you could have also used Consent to Release 5mil or 3/9.

Your Pipper was pressed at the beginning of the column not at the center. In RPL SGL the computed release point is center around the pipper to bracket the target.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

Edit: Sniped by my own comment on youtube :megalol:

Edited by Gunny Huntarr
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SysSpecs:

Display= 4K 55" UHD JU6700 Series Curved Samsung

Processor= Intel64 i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz

RAM= 16 GB Ripjaws 4 series DDR4 2400 MHz

GPU= NVIDIA GeForce MSI GTX 980 OCV1 1152MHz Core 4GB GDDR5 Memory

Storage= 128GB Apotop S3C SSD

Storage= 2TB Toshiba DT01ACA200 HDD

OS= Win 10

Peripheral= TrackIR5 w/ TrackClip PRO

Controller= Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG™ USAF Replica :joystick:

Nice run. A short question: Maybe it is a graphical feature but the ballutes are opening only milliseconds before impact. Is this due to your very low attack profile or are there specific settings for ejecting the ballute? In most videos I have seen they are deployed immediately after bomb release.

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice run. A short question: Maybe it is a graphical feature but the ballutes are opening only milliseconds before impact. Is this due to your very low attack profile or are there specific settings for ejecting the ballute? In most videos I have seen they are deployed immediately after bomb release.

I'm also wondering about that. It makes the AIR-variant pretty much pointless.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Mk82AIR I found the ballutes deploy on both tail and N/T settings and nose gives invalid fuse. And I was dropping below 1000ft for release, whats the safe height of release to avoid fragging yourself. Its interesting to see RL heights that they use for deconfliction if working in pairs in split attack etc. Does anyone know the lowest height for release of MK82AIR?:joystick:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Screen_151030_105356_zpszpuczwpr.jpg

Screen_151030_105551_zpsvsi6gob7.jpg

Screen_151030_105610_zpsgwvgamkw.jpg

Screen_151030_105637_zpseozexx1x.jpg

Screen_151030_105651_zpsmoho1tfw.jpg

Screen_151030_105716_zpshnsb3ple.jpg

Screen_151030_105756_zpsevft9pwl.jpg

With the settings:

RIP SGL

N/T

25FT

CCIP

And CCIP 3/9 at 690ft pickle I got 9/20 trucks which isn't bad I think a bigger spacing would give better results as the Mk82 will destroy a truck without a direct hit. BTW pickle was in centre of the convoy.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

With the settings:

RIP SGL

N/T

25FT

CCIP

And CCIP 3/9 at 690ft pickle I got 9/20 trucks which isn't bad I think a bigger spacing would give better results as the Mk82 will destroy a truck without a direct hit. BTW pickle was in centre of the convoy.:pilotfly:

So you got the ballutes even with the N/T setting is that correct?

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mk82AIR I found the ballutes deploy on both tail and N/T settings and nose gives invalid fuse. And I was dropping below 1000ft for release, whats the safe height of release to avoid fragging yourself. Its interesting to see RL heights that they use for deconfliction if working in pairs in split attack etc. Does anyone know the lowest height for release of MK82AIR?:joystick:

I guess the minimum safe height depends on the aircrafts speed, so it should be higher for the A-10 than for other aircraft.

Btw, here's a nice video how it looks like IRL, although it's not an A-10:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So you got the ballutes even with the N/T setting is that correct?

I get the ballutes in N/T as well. It's also the default setting in 1.5.

And I was dropping below 1000ft for release, whats the safe height of release to avoid fragging yourself.

Can't say anything for the A-10, but I have charts from an ancient F-16 weapons delivery manual. Minimum release altitude changes according to dive angle, speed, target density altitude, ripple spacing, and escape maneuver. Unfortunately the slowest speed listed is 450KTAS so it can't be applied to the A-10 I don't think. Maybe if there's a way to extrapolate it we can create one?

Edited by Nealius