External view probs?

Luftwoller

Hi all, im posting here as maybe there would be more chance of an answer rather than in the Ka-50 section.

I recently bought this fantastic module and im loving it. The only downer im getting is when I hit F2. With all the other modules I own I can zoom out and pan around with the mouse but with the Ka it stays looking at the side of the heli quite close up?

Ive checked my in-game settings against other modules that don't have this problem and they seem the same. So now im turning to you intelligent lot,

Please help, Im stumped.

...Guy

Helicopters!! Never trust anything that screws itself into the air!

Do you have the zoom bound to a axis on a joystick? If this axis is set in zoom in mode then it will do that as well in the external view. You could check the axis or the KA-50(sim/game) and see if anything controller is bound to the zoom.

Also, are you using DCS 1.2 or 1.5 Beta?

Im using 1.5. I also don't get any panning ability while im in F2

...Guy

Edit, ive just checked the controls for other A/C that the zoom out/panning around works on and theyre exactly the same bindings for the zoom?

Edited by Luftwoller

There definitely is something amiss with this view in 1.5 as I get super smooth game play from the cockpit but when I switch to the F2 view things are horribly choppy and while I am able to pan, it is terribly slow and choppy... Enough so that you "chase" the view all over the place. I have simply stopped using it as it is frustrating.

(CORE i5 16 megs and GTX770)

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Check if you have Depth of Field enabled in the graphics settings, if so set it to off.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Outlawl, I have this as well with the modules that do work. Very weird. Ill check the depth of field thingy though and report back,

...Guy

Edit,

Ok Just checked and my depth of field was set to BOELK? I set it too off and no effect. Still a fecked up F2,

Edited by Luftwoller

Edit,

Ok Just checked and my depth of field was set to BOELK? I set it too off and no effect. Still a fecked up F2,

Just to make sure, after you change DOF to off, be sure and exit the sim and then restart it. Some of the changes are not taking effect until a restart. Not sure if DOF is one of them or not, but that would rule that out.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

yup, just checked it again. After the restart its still the same. Its funny that this bug only effects the KA50?

...Guy

That is strange, I am not experiencing that behavior in the Ka-50.

Don B