Boarding/Unboarding units to/from helicopters

I create 1 squad (12 AFKs) and a MI-8. Configuration ok for boarding then unboarding. That works.

I copy paste the squad and rename it. I copy paste the MI-8, modify the operation for boarding, unboarding. Boarding ok but unboarding nok for one of the MI 8 (the second one). Just one soldier goes out instead of 12. The other Mi-8 is ok when unboarding.

I try several times, same problem.

I try to create a second Mi-8 in the same group ... Same problem, but in that case unboarding is nok for the two MI-8.Just one soldier goes out from each MI-8

I try several times, same problem.

Finally, DCS crash when un delete one of the squad and one MI-8 without modify affectation on the last squad and MI-8.

• ED Team

Hi please attach a track or mission so we can take a look, and a zipped logs folder after a crash. A guide to posting bugs can be found in my signature. Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I wonder if its the old AI not rendering issue. Its happened before when the infantry disembark but only the first guy is visible. You could see the others on F10 and use F7 to iterate between them.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Medal for watching AI

I created a mission in the ME, just to do some skin watching with some SU27s. Had a few take off and land, nothing fancy.

Just flicked through the F2 key to see the planes, all of them AI, and when I was done I exited the mission. Just a couple of minutes worth.

I got a medal for watching planes. I don't remember which medal.

There was no combat setup and I wasn't participating in any form. Every plane was an AI plane.

I feel like a scout now for getting a medal for bird watching.

EDIT: Ooops, wrong thread...

Edited by okieordie78

• 3 weeks later...

AI Mi-8 - a group of 20 soldiers enter the helo, but only one disembark on the landing spot.

if the group contains only one member all is fine.

I was not able to tell the AI Mi-8 " move the cargoloads" is there a guide or so?

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

• 1 year later...

I have an ME mission with an Mi-8 and 20 infantry. The infantry are supposed to board the Mi-8, but they just run out to the chopper and stand there. It doesn't matter if the chopper is AI controlled or if I'm flying it; they won't board.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...