Hawk freezing briefly during a stall

Cool Breeze

Hello Gents,

I have been playing the instant action missions for the Hawk in 1.5 and have run across a possible bug. I have tried a couple of different scenarios with her and get the same result. Here is the set-up...

I start a climb between 50 to 60 degrees and up to 90 degrees nose high attitude, setting up a power off stall. As the speed falls off and the nose begins to drop. The Hawk freezes for a few seconds in mid-air with a nose up attitude. Looking port and starboard the control surfaces move, everything seems to work, but no response from the aircraft. After a few seconds she breaks free and you recover normally. Stalls below 50 degrees nose high attitude seem to progress normally. 200 indicated airspeed, throttle back, and holding less than 50 degrees on the attitude indicator. The nose falls through the horizon, throttle up, airspeed up, nose up and she recovers with out a freeze. It seems to do the same thing when I'm at full throttle as well, climbing into the vertical while dogfighting. Kinda funny watching a Su-33 climb past after you have frozen in mid-air!

I've tried this in three different instant action missions, Day Free Flight, Aerobatic Flight, and Intercept I have experience the freeze, so for me it's very reproducible. I have not tried this in multiplayer.

I'm running an AMD FX 8350, 16 GB RAM, 2-GeForce GTX 770 SLI, and Windows 8.1 Pro. I'll attach the track file from my "test flight".

Thanks in advance, I'll be happy to help any way I can.

Hawk- Vertical Stall Freeze.trk

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Hawk currently has the SFM (Simplified Flight Model) from FC3 planes as long as the EFM (External Flight Model) - where detailed airflow and condition parameters influence the flight behavior much more precisely.

To me it looks like a typical SFM behavior, though I'm not an expert on either the Hawk nor the SFM, but I would wait for the EFM.

Last statement from Ells in this forum is indicating it won't take too long, as they managed to take a few hurdles thrown into the parcour and they make good progress.

Of cause only god knows what he has in store for us, so no one can promise! ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Sounds like a explanation to me!

Thanks shagrat!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Thanks Ells! Can't wait to fly the new EFM!

Leonardo Da Vinci

John F. Kennedy

You're the man! You cannot imagine how much of a relieve it is, to hear guys like you fighting a new model like normal humans. :D :D :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)