Legolas' A-10C SimCockpit v.1.0 Build

longcn

Beautiful as usual from you, Legolas

I've followed your work in Viperpits and I'm glad you're building an A-10C cockpit. We can share plans and techniques

Keep up the good work!

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Putting A-10 ejection handles on a F-16 style ACES II does not make it for an A-10.:doh:

My drawing of aluminum ACES II finally completed.

ACES%20II_A-10C_zpseizyzaw6.jpg

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Putting A-10 ejection handles on a F-16 style ACES II does not make it for an A-10.:doh:

Lol...I thought the same... There are more differences like seat back angle

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

My drawing of aluminum ACES II finally completed.

ACES%20II_A-10C_zpschuucdnm.jpg

ACESII for the F16 and for F15/A10 has different angles between the seatpad and seat back. The seatpad on your drawing looks too high in the knee support section. The seat will be very uncomfortable for the pilot.

Thank you Deadman, and 7rooper, vitabutch. thanks for your suggestion, I will re-adjust my design. It seems that I need to make 2 set the seats. :doh:

Hope to continue to receive your help.

-Legolas

F16ACESrt_zpsgzbmqlhs.jpg A10ACESrt_zpsvinj6u5y.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive model!

Isn't the cockpit in the picture in your first post yours?

I'll stay tuned to see your progress.

My rig specs:

For the Case’s drawings I am very satisfied, by calculating the rate of 1mm aluminum sheet bending, It does not require stamping and beat, only bent can be manufactured.

Of course, its shape might have some differences with the real case, however, for the construction of HomeCock, I think this is a reasonable choice, I hope this method useful to you.

70d3cc55-757f-48ad-a8ea-2ac982daf69c_zpskpz3oj2k.jpg

117d3869-a25a-4af7-a42e-065cd8362522_zpsiple2zbx.jpg

Edited by longcn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
OK...gotta ask

Where are you getting your dimensions to draw them from?

With the incredible work you're doing, I'm starting to wonder if you've got an F-16 secretly parked in your garage...

:)

Hi Stang, some online to share pictures, if you pay attention, they contain some sizes, such as the size of the rudder pedal bracket size ... and so on, then you can be based these to inferred other sizes. :book:

This is I drew my first model of rudder in the 2015 year.

2015_rudder_1.jpg 2015_rudder_2.jpg

Then continue, I like a sculptor, constantly modifying them, little by little increase, decrease a little bit, so it is more perfect. :music_whistling:

2016_rudder.jpg

Their size not really of size, but I think this is not important, we just play as long as he looks cool, you say? :joystick: