Thrustmaster Warthog hotas no command works

Hi all i have puchase Thrustmaster Warthog hotas. But i try on 3 pc (one with windows 8.1, and 2 with Windows 7). In game controllers windows, and in target software no command works. I try to calibrate, but the stick cursor (and other axis also on thrust) doesn't works. IT is some software/drivers problem or Hardware issue ? Thanks in advance

"I told Orville and i told Wilbur, that thing will never fly" The last fomous words

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this a new Warthog HOTAS or a used one?

Install the latest TM Warthog HOTAS drivers.

Be sure to connect the USB to a powered USB port or directly to your computer (not a un-powered USB HUB for instance).

- Be sure that the two HOTAS Warthog components are installed correctly and appear as standard "HID-compliant game controller" in Device Manager.

- Both devices should also be working correctly in Game Controller

If one or both of the HOTAS Warthog components are not enumerated correctly, or display a "!" in Device Manager, try connecting them to another USB port.

That's a start.

If that doesn't work your warthog may not have any firmware in it.

There is a Bootloader method in the PDF attachment below that shows How to wake your HOTAS Warthog if it is no longer recognized on PC (i.e. in the event of firmware loss).

Hope this helps! :D

thr_eng_00140.pdf

Edited by CubPilot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Pro 64 | Asus Rampage III Extreme |Swiftech H2O cooled: CPU, Video, N. Bridge | i7 980X EE @4.5GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @1726 MHZ | AMD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 +EK H2O block+Backplate | BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 @144Hz | Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | 2 - Samsung HD 1TB | Pinoeer BD-RW | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Audio | CoolerMaster Haf-X case | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760W PS | HOTAS Cougar w/Evenstrain Mod | HOTAS Warthog | TM RCS Rudders + Mods | TM MFD's w/monitors | TrackIR5

Thanks for reply

The Hotas Warthog it's new.

I have installed the latest drivers from this link.

I try to plug in all usb port (usb 2.0 and 3.0)

In device manager doesn't appears like "HID-compliant game controller"

But under Human interface device appears with other name like "hotas Warthog bulk"

In "Game controller" doesn't appears. Display in Game controller only with Target sofware, but axis and bottons doesn't works.

I have already try with bootloader system exactly like in pdf attachment.

In the firmware update appears error error timeout device should have arrived in HID, code 0x34100002.

I try on 3 different pc (one with windows 8.1 and 2 with Windows 7).

All 3 pc are correctly update.

Lorenzo F.

"I told Orville and i told Wilbur, that thing will never fly" The last fomous words

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well this is going to be a bugger to fix I guess.

There is a program called USBDeview that lets you view all installed/connected USB devices, as well as all USB devices that you previously used on your system. Go here at http://www.nirsoft.net/

It also lets you reset any old entries that may have been connected (my Cougar HOTAS has not been connected to my computer for ages, but there is a reference to it in my system that this software still sees). I know that the Cougar had a similar problem sometimes and deleting/resetting old references to it in this program fixed it. Plugging in the Cougar after the reset just created new USB port info that worked. Just be careful, it's a powerful program.

Another thing it could be is a bad solder connection somewhere in the Warthog or a bad USB cable.

I assume this had worked at one point because you would probably have sent it back to TM. You should contact TM if you haven't already.

Edited by CubPilot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Pro 64 | Asus Rampage III Extreme |Swiftech H2O cooled: CPU, Video, N. Bridge | i7 980X EE @4.5GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @1726 MHZ | AMD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 +EK H2O block+Backplate | BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 @144Hz | Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | 2 - Samsung HD 1TB | Pinoeer BD-RW | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Audio | CoolerMaster Haf-X case | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760W PS | HOTAS Cougar w/Evenstrain Mod | HOTAS Warthog | TM RCS Rudders + Mods | TM MFD's w/monitors | TrackIR5

Well this is going to be a bugger to fix I guess.

There is a program called USBDeview that lets you view all installed/connected USB devices on your system here at http://www.nirsoft.net/

It also lets you reset any old entries that may have been connected (my Cougar HOTAS has not been connected to my computer for ages, but there is a reference to it in my system that this software still sees). I know that the Cougar had a similar problem sometimes and deleting/resetting old references to it in this program fixed it. Plugging in the Cougar after the reset just created new USB port info that worked. Just be careful, it's a powerful program.

Another thing it could be is a bad solder connection somewhere in the Warthog.

I assume this had worked at one point because you would probably have sent it back to TM. You should contact TM if you haven't already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In USBDeview list doesn't appears.

I try warthog on 3 pc but nothing

USBDeview.thumb.jpeg.3959d2c03df92a03e4f70150f6efe5db.jpeg

1 with windows 8.1 and 2 with windows 7.icon9.gif

Lorenzo F.

Edited by lorfar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you've tried it on 3 computers and had the same issue then I'd say its faulty, send it back as such.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

If you've tried it on 3 computers and had the same issue then I'd say its faulty, send it back as such.

Thanks BaconSarnie. :)

There are some issue on Windows 8.1 64 bit ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree it does sound broken. However, it seems rather against the odds that both units would be dead since they are completely separate sets of components.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I agree it does sound broken. However, it seems rather against the odds that both units would be dead since they are completely separate sets of components.

And then :)

I try on 3 pc.

Perhaps some problem with firmware of Warthog ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And then :)

I try on 3 pc.

Perhaps some problem with firmware of Warthog ?

Agreed. Just because it is against the odds doesn't mean it can't happen.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Agreed. Just because it is against the odds doesn't mean it can't happen.

One more thing: Warthog doesn't works also before update firmware.

Perhaps drivers update firmware ?

Lorenzo F.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It should work straight out of the box, if it doesnt send it back.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

It should work straight out of the box, if it doesnt send it back.

Sorry i don't understand the phrase "It should work straight out of the box"...:( I am italian and some time i can not understand.:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::):)

But yesterday i send it back to Amazon.

P.S.: Ok now it's clear.

Edited by lorfar
now it's clear

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You shouldnt have to update the firmware for it to work, you should just unpack it, plug it in and it should work.

If it doesnt, and doesnt work on 2 other computers then its faulty, send it back for replacement.

"Amen"

You shouldnt have to update the firmware for it to work, you should just unpack it, plug it in and it should work.

If it doesnt, and doesnt work on 2 other computers then its faulty, send it back for replacement.

Ok Thanks

Now i sent it back to Amazon.

Thanks for help

Lorenzo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good news

I sent it back to Amazon. Amazon refund me rapidly.

I bought it again and today arrived.

Now all works perfectly also on usb 3.0 port.

Someone have profile for Flaming Cliffs 2 and 3 ?

Thanks to all for attention.

Lorenzo Farina

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]