Russian a-10 a-like

Frosty

edit:

I don't want to hear about how they can't be compared for the nth time again, It isn't even what I goddamn was asking about

this was about finding a better alternative to the SU-25T which is as i understand it as the SU25KM

If I see another god damn post about how they cant be compared...

TL: DR

Comparisons between the a-10 and the su-25 is now off topic

Edited by Frosty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If the MWS didn't see it. it never happened"

"A bit ehh"? Seems to me you don't really know what you are talking about. It performed well in Afghanistan, Chechnya (twice), Georgia and now Syria. It's weakest part is the lack of MAWS which will be fixed with the SM3 version, its deliveries will start this year. Can A-10 can launch a missile hitting a target within ~5m from well over 100km away, because Su-25SM(3) most certainly can.

Edited by NOLA

I think it's all to do with the target acusition. A-10 has some snazzy features all to do with seeing the target and that's one of the trickiest parts for me having no trackIR. I was really just looking for something to admire

Also:

1/ Arma infantry in DCS will highlight what problem?

1/ What is maws?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah, i agree. i want to withhold whinging about the lack of power fully loaded but then i figure the a-10 is no better off.

but what about the su-34? thats a pretty sick fighter-bomber aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dedicated SEAD

....for which, the Su25 is a TERRIBLE choice. It does not have the speed or performance to be good at it (as in, it can't get itself out of trouble once it gets in, and SEAD aircraft are out there looking for trouble), it has insufficiently advanced sensors to adequately acquire radars, and it doesn't have sufficiently advanced navigation for preplan SEAD missions.

Just because it *can* do SEAD, doesn't make it a good choice. That's like bragging that the F-104 can drop bombs. :doh:

That's kind of the problem in comparing the Su25 with the A-10. The A-10 is a CAS aircraft. The Su25 is a front-line attack aircraft. The Su25 generally performs missions closer to that performed by an F-16 than those performed by A-10. Really, it kind of occupies a middle ground somewhere between an A-10 and an A2G-configured F-16. For true CAS, A-10 is superior on account of it's sensor and weapons suite, and for BAI and strike, F-16 is (generally) better due to better aerodynamic performance and much higher speed.

Edited by OutOnTheOP

....for which, the Su25 is a TERRIBLE choice. It does not have the speed or performance to be good at it (as in, it can't get itself out of trouble once it gets in, and SEAD aircraft are out there looking for trouble), it has insufficiently advanced sensors to adequately acquire radars, and it doesn't have sufficiently advanced navigation for preplan SEAD missions.

Just because it *can* do SEAD, doesn't make it a good choice. That's like bragging that the F-104 can drop bombs. :doh:

That's kind of the problem in comparing the Su25 with the A-10. The A-10 is a CAS aircraft. The Su25 is a front-line attack aircraft. The Su25 generally performs missions closer to that performed by an F-16 than those performed by A-10. For true CAS, A-10 is superior on account of it's sensor and weapons suite, and for BAI and strike, F-16 is (generally) better due to better aerodynamic performance and much higher speed.

What would you say was a better choice for SEAD?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What would you say was a better choice for SEAD?

An F-16? F/A-18G? Even an F-4G. Anything with adequate speed and ceiling, preferably a dedicated weapons and sensor officer. If you mean Russian, a Su27 derivative (Kh31 capable). Su24 (Kh58 capable) would even be better than Su25. Su25 has none of the characteristics of a good SEAD aircraft (besides perhaps loiter time).

Just because it *can* do SEAD, doesn't make it a good choice.

It is always better to be able to do something, rather than not. You never know, what situation you will get in.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

In terms of capabilities, they're pretty much similar, they can both take a lot of abuse, operate on rough fields and kill a lot stuff.

The SU-25 does not have a gun as powerful as the A-10's but it can carry Vikhr for antitank or a sh*tload of rockets for soft targets .

I don't see where the "Ehhh" is.

Only thing lacking with the SU-25t modeled in DCS is better sensors and Avionics.

The SU-25 does not have a gun as powerful as the A-10's but it can carry Vikhr for antitank or a sh*tload of rockets for soft targets .

No, SM does not carry Vikhrs. Yet it does not have any optics, except for Klen laser range finder. It will get SOLT-25 IR/CCD optics soon though.

It's the HUD that makes the a-10 easier to Spot targets.

Su-25 has HUD as well or i don't get, what you want to say.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

This one.

MAKS2015part8-44.jpg

And one more thing. The Su-25 is FAST. Much more faster than the A-10C. A very importan thing in combat.

Try to do an offset with a step climb and a rolling against a target with a combat load at 250 knots or a 750-800 Km/h.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The HUD literally points everything out to you, in the su-25 you have to fiddle about with the optical system to spot. I've went over the target more times than none. The only way I've found a way around that is using the mercury pod (night vision) to spot targets a lot easier

But anyway. Isn't the su-34 just better at doing the same job?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]