Russian a-10 a-like

Frosty

That was an interesting read Alfa. Didn't know that.

Well you can easily see how other sources could get the radar bit wrong though - Sukhoi did propose the Kopyo radar(both as built-in and podded solution) and published this as part of the upgrade, just as their promotion of the Su-25TM sometimes gave the impression that the Russian airforce was enthusiastic about it and just about to sign a contract for its procurement......although it clearly wasn't the case :).

JJ

Russian a-10 a-like

This.

You cannot directly compare machines designed for hugely different military doctrine. Sort of comparing apples to oranges.

Every aircraft has to fit its designed role which in turn has to fit current military doctrine. That is how it's done in first class air forces.

Both A-10 and SU-25 fit their respective air force doctrines PERFECTLY!

^Exactly. I think the SU-25 models and the F-16 are better suited to compare when it comes to infiltration and termination. Again, as others stated before, the A-10 isn't the first option for tactical strikes during the initial phase of battle; primarily because of speed. There are several other options for taking out air defense systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lt_Maverick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

JayRac3r/Lt_Mav YouTube Channel