[OT] That is detail!

The definition of "ART" is as wide as you want it to be

Ive seen a lot of "Art", that is in no way as creative as that diorama, it took a lot more than simple reproduction to produce that scene

oo err...missus:animals_bunny:

** Anti-Pastie**

Why not art? Surely 'art' is normally regarded as a reproduction of something real onto paper....just like it would be if Richy had drawn/painted a picture of the real thing. Only this is 3D :smartass:

Modelling is just another form of 'art'.

And that my friends, is about as top quality as this art gets :thumbup:

Are you all sure this is not some "hoax" (although, such a 3d model is breathtaking too)?

I know, I just can't convince myself.

See the enlisted links and the making of this great model...

This guy is a real talent with toooo much patience...

Why not art? Surely 'art' is normally regarded as a reproduction of something real onto paper....just like it would be if Richy had drawn/painted a picture of the real thing. Only this is 3D :smartass:

Modelling is just another form of 'art'.

Nope :) not that it deminishes it's value in any way. ;)

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Nope :) not that it deminishes it's value in any way. ;)

lets not argue the definition of Art...its impossible .....everyone has a view and nobodies view is definitive;);)

** Anti-Pastie**

Me being a super-detail moddler myself, I can see that this guy has put at LEAST $1k into this project and 3 months of painting. I may not know art but I know what I like, and I wish that I had money like this guy has to blow.

Me being a super-detail moddler myself, I can see that this guy has put at LEAST $1k into this project and 3 months of painting. I may not know art but I know what I like, and I wish that I had money like this guy has to blow.

Noticed one engine nacelle different though. Whats up with that??

Are you all sure this is not some "hoax" (although, such a 3d model is breathtaking too)?

I know, I just can't convince myself.

Oh I am sure. I followed all the F-18 building process in this thread (it's in French but still, lots of pictures) :

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=96252

moteur-chariot5.jpg

cok-cote-ba6.jpg

And more stuff he made for using in the dioramas here :

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=124800

The final images are made from photos of the dio, on which he photoshoped some stuff like the crew or the coke can as said above.

This guy is amazing :)

Oh, and by the way, some people saw the model on display in a model shop in Paris.

Toutes les grandes personnes ont d'abord été des enfants, mais peu d'entre elles s'en souviennent.

Three Point Landing

If he made a model this good of a woman out of clay - it would be art & be displayed in a gallery.

If he painted a picture of a woman as well as he's painted this - it would be art & be displayed in a gallery.

He makes this model of a plane out of styrene & tinfoil & its 'crafts' & gets displayed in a model shop

The difference between arts & crafts is the social standing of the audience

(arts & crafts movement - what was 'crafts' becomes 'art' when done by an artist who labels it art - chairs in an art gallery)

Cheers.

If he made a model this good of a woman out of clay - it would be art & be displayed in a gallery.

If he painted a picture of a woman as well as he's painted this - it would be art & be displayed in a gallery.

He makes this model of a plane out of styrene & tinfoil & its 'crafts' & gets displayed in a model shop

The difference between arts & crafts is the social standing of the audience

(arts & crafts movement - what was 'crafts' becomes 'art' when done by an artist who labels it art - chairs in an art gallery)

I totaly agree with this post.:yes:

** Anti-Pastie**

I've got just one word for all of this...

OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

actually I have seen doll houses show cased in the Phoenix Art Museum. This work here is even better than those houses that were displayed in the museum.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/