What do you want to see most in DCS World?

Wags

What do you want to see most in DCS World?  

1607 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see most in DCS World?

• 4th generation, multirole fighters
    • Dynamic campaign system
    • New combat theater maps
    • Improved multiplayer with dedicated server and online performance tracking
    • New and improved air traffic control system
    • New and improved effects and audio and visuals
    • More content in the form of missions and campaigns
    • Other. Please list in discussion
    • New helicopters, like attack helos
    • Older era aricraft from WWII to Vietnam

Dynamic Mission / Campaigns would be it for me, way ahead of 4th gen multiroles.

There are some 4th gen multirole aircraft I would love to play with, but what can be added by more dynamic and continous missions/campaigns, possible for both single and multiplayer alike, outweighs those aircraft by a very significant margin for me. Also prospect of doing new fighters at DCS level of realism (apart from a few fairly declassified ones like F-18 and F-16) is a questionable prospect in my opinion. Whereas, an improved mission system would benefit each and every module ever released, and will be released, even the most interesting aircraft module ever would only add itself to the sim.

That's just me anyway :)

Edit : Well I see new options, my choice still remains Dynamic campaign system but, I'd also love more pre 4th gen aircraft from 40s upto and including 80s :). More plausible, and as far as I'm concerned more fun!

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Well F/A-18 and many other in the works and with new maps I voted for Dynamic Campaign as that is really only BIG THING missing from DCS.

ATC and weather system improvements in a shared second place because IMMERSION!!!

Edited by Antimon
Typo
  • Like 1

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/antimonni

PC SPECS: Win10 Home 64Bit, i5-2500K @4GHz, 32Gb DDR3, 6Gb Nvidia GeForce GTX980Ti, 2 SSDs+HDD

CONTROLS: TM Warthog HOTAS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / TM MFD Cougar x4 / TIR 5

MODULES: Almost everything!

We need multirole fighters ( F18 ) with Dynamic campaign !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

Multiplayers under 1 flight. 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, all recognized as human players under the leadership of 1-1. shared waypoints for the flight, 1-1 and others can use the easy comms to communicate orders and commands. Not sure if that fits under improved multiplayer or not.

That is actually possible with the mission editor in 1.5.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Uber DCS+ would be a combination of DCS (detailed cockpits/physics/eye candy), FSX (ATC/world terrain/weather) and BMS (dynamic campaign/multi theater)...

personally i would like to see PERSISTENT STATS, but i think many will disagree... but to have a score list brings in new (noob-ish) players, but out of the many new players will bring few dedicated hardcore pilots that i think will build on the existing fan base. (a reason why Warthunder is popular).. sure you will have team killers that shoot at anything cause they dont understand real life game play, but thats why you have passworded servers! ok, so the mature pilot doesnt care about stats, but i think there are ppl out there waiting to boost their achievements have a crown of top gun in this facebook age of narcissism! lol (personally i dont like flying for 30mins to 2 hours, kill targets, and it was all for nothing when i exit the server..)

as much as i would like a World Size DCS, not going to happen because of hardware limitations (why FSX appeals) but what i think is possible is a richer ATC (or even carrier OPS) experience. DCS has possibility of an amazing experience just from sheer joy of dealing with checklist, radio freq's, ATC comms just to take off from one point, enjoy the views and land to the next airport/base/air station/aerodrome (working with flight plans)... add richer weather experience cause FSX clouds are soo amazing

i hear alot that BMS > DCS due to the dynamic campaign. i dont play BMS, but i do understand why, i do have to say in my past experience of DCS, DCS gets boring when the missions i play, i losses my interest when looking for that one stupid unit hidden somewhere that you have to clear before moving on to the next task...

probably the most game changer tech now is VR. i am super looking for cooperative multi-seat play in VR. currently facebook backed oculus released 'oculus social' app for on their platform.. the social aspect of VR is ENORMOUS. From reddit forms and youtube, DCS is hands down on of theeee MOST BEST VR EXPERIENCES for the rift VR headset. With facebook/oculus advancing social multiplay apps, I feel multiplay experience on DCS will be UNREAL.

huey with 2 gunners.. a B-17 with turret guns... :) :)

i look forward to the day i am in DCS AH-1W Cobra as a gunner, in VR with a buddy pilot in a multiplayer session fighting our way through a dynamic campaign in Granada (some very scenic location to show EDGE)

i end this by saying with or with out these features, DCS is still hands down the best sim out there, nothing else comes close, i am even lucky to experience a fraction of what you guys have brought/released.. the A-10C an UH-1H alone is a feat of software programming by itself.

love hannibal.. ^_^

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Registered just so I can vote in this

Imo the one thing holding DCS back from being THE best flight simulator is actual missions/content embedded in a larger context

The dynamic campaign of BMS is amazing and actually gives the missions you fly "meaning", it's the thing that puts BMS ahead of DCS for me. Dynamic search&rescue missions for choppers to extract (dynamically shot down) pilots for instance would make DCS so much better

Like, seriously, I'd easily pay 50 bucks for a dynamic campaign module

Edited by Elo001

Really, dynamic campaigns is winning? I fail to see the appeal... Scripted campaigns are far more immersive.

There are so many things listed that are far more important. Combat theatres to fit the aircraft for instance. Also, in depth ATC is far more fundamental to realism.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

When the Hornet is released > more maps. But only with this fighter.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A dynamic campaign system could be nice for MP and SP.

Setting up a server with a list of allowed aircraft and the dc system does the rest.

Random frontline between red and blue side and random generated missions.

When a player joins, he can decide to pick one of the generated missions or select free flight.

When the timer for a generated mission runs down to zero and no player selected that mission, the AI will fly that mission.

Maybe with some kind of resource management, like flying weapons/fuel/spare parts to a FARP with our nice transpot helicopters.

There would always be some action on a server and you could use a lot of different aircraft in "one mission".

I really anticipate 4th gen aircrafts. Secondly, dynamic campaign would be a feature that would make the game a lot more interesting. Finally, I believe that most of Dcs players including me would really like new engine sounds (basically externals). Imagine feeling those goosebumps while playing Dcs and listening to real-life external engine sounds…

Combat theater for me. All seems out of place if you don't fly where it belongs.

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2