What do you want to see most in DCS World?

Wags

What do you want to see most in DCS World?  

1607 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see most in DCS World?

• 4th generation, multirole fighters
    • Dynamic campaign system
    • New combat theater maps
    • Improved multiplayer with dedicated server and online performance tracking
    • New and improved air traffic control system
    • New and improved effects and audio and visuals
    • More content in the form of missions and campaigns
    • Other. Please list in discussion
    • New helicopters, like attack helos
    • Older era aricraft from WWII to Vietnam

Bummer, I voted "More content in the form of missions and campaigns" because I overlooked the "Dynamic campaign" option... 🤦‍♂️

Sorry guys, I messed up the poll, please start over

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 11/15/2021 at 4:08 PM, upyr1 said:

more old aircraft, there is no way in hell we are getting the latest Russian and Chinese aircraft as flyable modules so unless we get old models of the F-teens so we can have something contemporary with the playable Redfor I'm really not interested. 

ED doesn't share your mindset, as they stated many many times, they are not trying to make a balanced game, they are trying to simulate aircrafts, and that's why I like this sim, its like real world, no balance.

2 hours ago, Furiz said:

ED doesn't share your mindset, as they stated many many times, they are not trying to make a balanced game, they are trying to simulate aircrafts

It wasn't 'balance' it was 'contemporary', i.e stuff belonging to the same era, and you make it sound like simulating aircraft and making aircraft that are contemporaries of each other are mutually exclusive concepts - they are not, almost every aerial combat simulator does it.

And 'balance' isn't necessarily a synonym of 'contemporary', sometimes it's a byproduct, sure, but there are a lot of examples where it's absolutely not, the Yak-38M is a contemporary of the F-14, and that's everything but balanced; the Yak-38M isn't much more than a faster, V/STOL L-39 with a more advanced gunsight, and apart from V/STOL capability, cost, space it takes up and a radio commanded missile, the F-14 eclipses it in practically every conceivable way.

And this is a problem for some people, it makes DCS feel like it's a mile-wide but an inch deep compared to its competitors, with aircraft spanning ~70 - 80 years, but pick any one decade and there's not much of a cohesive experience. The only era where this is less of a problem is WWII, it's not perfect, but it's far better than practically any other era. There's also RAZBAM making a map, and an included asset pack, though there aren't any modules for that conflict.

And this is a significant part of the reason that people want more modern 4th gen REDFOR to go with our more modern BLUFOR, and I'm confident they'll be a spike in threads asking for them when the Eurofighter gets released (though good luck actually developing any).

2 hours ago, Furiz said:

and that's why I like this sim, its like real world, no balance.

In the real world Russian aircraft and air defence development didn't stop in the early 90s.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

My suggestion is partly just organizational/marketing and part content, but one thing I've long wanted to see is more of an emphasis on theatres/regions/eras. We have an increasingly nicely fleshed WW2 era, which is nice. 

The big one I'd love to see is the Vietnam era. 

Pick a decade of the Cold War era, perhaps. 

Looking at existing aircraft, the Korean war seems a nice possibility to explore as well. 

et al. 

Perhaps, occasionally poll the users on what theatre/era they'd like to see emphasis placed on next and prioritize development toward fleshing out the content for that specific theatre/era. 

It would also be nice (and I think attractive to potential customers exploring the site after watching a youtuber playing the Vietnam war, for example) to be able to browse modules by "Theatre" or "Era" as well. I can go and choose the "Vietnam War era modules" category and see a list of all aircraft appropriate for that era, as well as the map(s) and campaigns specific to the Vietnam war. 

Sticking with the Vietnam war example, more bundle opportunities for newer (perhaps even existing) users when buying in to a "theatre", similar to what you have with WW2 aircraft + map bundles now. 

For folks who are more specifically drawn toward buying into an era, they buy a full aircraft module for that era and they get one map for that era included in that aircraft module purchase. Now they're bought in and hopefully more likely to continue filling out their "Vietnam" aircraft via other module purchases in the future, but they've got something to get them started at a price in the ballpark of what they're used to for a single "game". 

I think for folks less familiar with the DCS ecosystem, it would be more approachable. They have a more "attractive" goal of wanting to play out the Vietnam war (either a campaign and/or an MP server), rather than sitting in the cockpit of an aircraft, befuddled, on a map that doesn't really represent the mindset of it being a "game", or just not getting to the point of purchase. 

Right now, if you go to the shop site, you just see an enormously long list of aircraft all mixed together. I may specifically want to buy a Vietnam aircraft. If I can see that structure, I think it's helpful to someone's potential first purchase and future purchases from the mindset of "awesome, I want to drop napalm in Vietnam". Later, "Wow, now I really want to play that Cobra Vietnam campaign I saw", and "What next? I'd never heard of that jet in Vietnam before. I'll get it b/c now I'm invested and want to learn *all* of the Vietnam aircraft!"

The latter example is perhaps one that never would have gotten noticed by this imaginary customer, as it would have just been buried in a long list of modules that lacks that context for them. 

• Like 1

13700k, 64GB DDR5, RTX 3080, 1x 4TB M.2, 3x 2TB M.2, @ 3440x1440p, Windows 11

32 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

It wasn't 'balance' it was 'contemporary', i.e stuff belonging to the same era, and you make it sound like simulating aircraft and making aircraft that are contemporaries of each other are mutually exclusive concepts - they are not, almost every aerial combat simulator does it.

Well I thought he was talking about balance as in competitive balance,

but the lack of Redfor modern FF planes doesn't mean we should not get any more modern planes. There is more options, than just redfor, I know redfor are most wanted by the people. But we shouldn't quit modern era because of that.

Many enjoy flying modern planes in various missions, with or without redfor opponents.

1 hour ago, Furiz said:

ED doesn't share your mindset, as they stated many many times, they are not trying to make a balanced game, they are trying to simulate aircrafts, and that's why I like this sim, its like real world, no balance.

Would you mind explaining  why a MiG-19 vs F-16C block 50 dog fight with a 50 year technology gap is realistic but a MiG-19 dog fighting a contemporary fighter like the F-100 would be unrealistic?  

2 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

Would you mind explaining  why a MiG-19 vs F-16C block 50 dog fight with a 50 year technology gap is realistic but a MiG-19 dog fighting a contemporary fighter like the F-100 would be unrealistic?  

How can I explain something I didn't say, everything is realistic in real world.

12 minutes ago, Furiz said:

How can I explain something I didn't say, everything is realistic in real world.

You said and I quote 

2 hours ago, Furiz said:

In response to my request for more old BluFor aircraft and that is why I wrote 

15 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

Edited by upyr1

2 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

t wasn't 'balance' it was 'contemporary', i.e stuff belonging to the same era, and you make it sound like simulating aircraft and making aircraft that are contemporaries of each other are mutually exclusive concepts - they are not, almost every aerial combat simulator does it.

1 hour ago, Furiz said:

Well I thought he was talking about balance as in competitive balance,

but the lack of Redfor modern FF planes doesn't mean we should not get any more modern planes. There is more options, than just redfor, I know redfor are most wanted by the people. But we shouldn't quit modern era because of that.

Many enjoy flying modern planes in various missions, with or without redfor opponents.

I did bring up balance, as an argument for older blufor modules. Contemporary designs don't always mean balance but an F-4, Mirage I or III would be a better match for a MiG-19 or 21 than a late model F-teen. So the only way to have really interesting PvP battles is to have the older BluFor aircraft. 

From the RW side, paratroopers would be really cool. 

An in-box general solution to consume waypoints from the map into each aircraft's systems.

A new icon perhaps, that places enumerated waypoint marks on the map, then a button that loads them all in, in the order they were placed.

More helicopters of course, especially a medium or heavy transport with some capacity and speed. Top choices would be UH-60,  CH-53, CH-47. All would be amazing.

Built in functionality equivalent to the CSAR/CTLD scripts to make missions a lot easier for non-yodas to build.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

I'm suprised the following didn't make the list: more and improved assets especially historical ones. Right now here is a list of things we need.

First we need some East front assets. We have the I-16 and MiG-15 which means we need both early and late war assets that could double duty for the cold war. My top list for East front maps are the following.

Kursk, I think this could do double duty. 

Stalingrad/Caucuases- idealy this would be free and part of a Caucuses upgrade

Eastern or central Europe- I don't care where just some place that was a battleground in the second World War and would have been a flash point if there had been a third. 

Flyable aircraft from the Eastern front. IL-2 and 10, YAK-9.

Early cold war (I define this as ending in 1953 or 55ish)- obvously we need a Korean map. The bluefor are the best represented in this era due to the WWII asset pack We need the RedFor assets hence the comments above. Also some assets for both sides that didn't see service in Korea.

My list of flyable modules would include the F-80, F-84, Meteor, Yak-15 or 17, vampire in short anything.

Early Mid cold war / Early Vietnam era -(1955 to 1965) except for the MiG-19 there isn't really anything for the era. We are supposed to have a MiG-17, and F-8 in the works. 

Late mid Cold War / late Vietnam era -(1965 - 1975) we have the MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, F-14A, I'm not sure which of the two eras I would put the F-4 Phantom II were supposed to get. Anything is welcomed especially the F-105- even if it is AI only, F-104, in short anything is welcomed. We are also supposed to get the MIG-23. My want list for the cold war includes the bucaneer, su-24, F-111, Su-7, SU-9, in short a copy of Janes

Late cold war - 1975 - 1990. 

-------------------------------------------------------

The DCS naval environment is basically non-existent.  Due to the fact that Eagle's business model is built on releasing modules I think the best way to fix the naval environment is releasing naval modules.  I don't know how many classes should be covered by a single Naval module, I just know that I want the naval modules to come with a high detailed model, improved damage modeling so that systems can be damaged and we don't have a purely hit point based system.  I'd also like to see parts of the ships in VR. The class I want to see the most as a module would have to be the Iowa-class battleships. They served off and on from World War II to the end of the cold war.

Then as ya'll should know I also think ground modules would be a good way to fix that deficit as well and keep going on about combined arms II as well as FF modules 

Didnt played for a months now, but mostly I stop because of VR quality. be it optimalization or just tech capacity. Multiplayer is unplayable. Single player, I dont know, the scripts fail so often, that I cant enjoy campaigns anymore. Waiting for trigger not triggering any time.

So, as VR player. Single player is sadly only option, but it is a little flawed - the AI enemies, scripts etc. the vr quality itself. I am in state when I cant enjoy flatscreen neither VR. So I am probably just waiting if tech advance. And I just make couple of A to B flights a year to remember and give use to all that hardware:-)

From the list, definetly:

1. VR optimalization (not on list, sorry)
2. Dynamic Campaign
3. ATC

Thanks

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

- Add an option to change frequencies for radios with preset channels in the rearm/refuel window (ground crew), would help immensely on sandbox MP servers

- a unified generic roundel/bort number system for Multiplayer. multitude of standardized generic liveries and paintjobs which are selectable by everone. roundels for every country selectable as decals onto the selected livery. same for the bort number.

• Like 1

Modernized Su 27 or Su 30 or Su 35 or Su 37 4th generation, multirole fighters, even in FC3 style, or Deka upgrade MFI 55 to J 11A!

Development of multiplayer voice chat!

Vulcan and multicore game engine update!

DCS World SD texture client idea to low end PC users and VR users! Less RAM and less SSD storege, more satisfied customers and more people would play DCS World and ED would also get more revenue from it : https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/248043-32-bit-normal-maps/

More free stuff like any new fc3 style fighter or helicopter to attract new players, check out the success of the World Of Tanks free to play concept, bathe in money, this simulator has to take a big step in this field. :love:

Edited by Int3rc3pt0r

11 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

I'd like to see ED dedicate one patch cycle to bug fixes and performance optimization only.

Performance optimization, especially multicore and VR needs to be way up on the list. I think adding multicore will lower system requirements since everything won't be piled up on one core 

• Like 2