What do you want to see most in DCS World?

Wags

What do you want to see most in DCS World?  

1607 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see most in DCS World?

• 4th generation, multirole fighters
    • Dynamic campaign system
    • New combat theater maps
    • Improved multiplayer with dedicated server and online performance tracking
    • New and improved air traffic control system
    • New and improved effects and audio and visuals
    • More content in the form of missions and campaigns
    • Other. Please list in discussion
    • New helicopters, like attack helos
    • Older era aricraft from WWII to Vietnam

11 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

I'd like to see ED dedicate one patch cycle to bug fixes and performance optimization only.

One patch cycle in every three. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2021 at 2:21 PM, LucShep said:

Better performance, lower (true) hardware requirements.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:39 PM, falcon_120 said:

Nowadays my biggest item would be VR optimization

On 11/17/2021 at 12:34 AM, Mike Force Team said:

I agree that VR optimization is one upgrade many want to see.  Using a VR headset makes flying much more enjoyable.  

On 11/23/2021 at 3:35 AM, Taz1004 said:

I'd like to see ED dedicate one patch cycle to bug fixes and performance optimization only.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:54 PM, dutchili said:

Stable performance in VR.

Nowadays, that’s the only thing for which I’d give some money to ED.

I have to roll back to 2.5.5 to keep playing!

These last years, most of the money I spent on DCS went to Nvidia, AMD, and so on.  Almost none of it went to ED.

Edit: I WANTED to roll back to 2.5.5 but it didn’t work.  Apparently ED does not make it possible anymore, see 

Thus what I would really like right now is the possibility to roll back to 2.5.5.

Edited by Pyker

Me too...2 gpu's and 1 new pc since 1.58 tryna keep performance up for VR  .

Meanwhile , 3 maps and 4 modules only profiting ED . I could think of several aircraft i'd like to add , but can't purchase due to ever-increasing demands  of the software .

And for me , it's gonna get worse as i plan to "freeze" DCS immediately after seeing a significant performance increase from Vulkan/multicore , and before the further performance-robbing features incoming . That will mean no aircraft modules currently in the pipeline .

7 hours ago, Pyker said:

These last years, most of the money I spent on DCS went to Nvidia, AMD, and so on.  Almost none of it went to ED.

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

19 hours ago, Pyker said:

Edit: I WANTED to roll back to 2.5.5 but it didn’t work.  Apparently ED does not make it possible anymore, see 

Thus what I would really like right now is the possibility to roll back to 2.5.5.

11 hours ago, Svsmokey said:

Me too...2 gpu's and 1 new pc since 1.58 tryna keep performance up for VR  .

Meanwhile , 3 maps and 4 modules only profiting ED . I could think of several aircraft i'd like to add , but can't purchase due to ever-increasing demands  of the software .

And for me , it's gonna get worse as i plan to "freeze" DCS immediately after seeing a significant performance increase from Vulkan/multicore , and before the further performance-robbing features incoming . That will mean no aircraft modules currently in the pipeline .

Yep.
There's a lot of us in that same position - big investment already made in modules and terrains in DCS, but unable to invest in better, higher-end GPUs (way too expensive in current market) to keep using the latest versions of DCS.
I wish ED understood that the performance issues are a big problem, because too many users want to buy newest and upcoming modules and terrains, but won't because of it.

At least we can revert to older versions, with better performance, to keep using what we invested in.
Really, if you're struggling with performance (and until things get better), consider using DCS version 2.5.6.
And with SIMPLEX 2.5.6.50321 shaders on top of it, you can get performance pretty darn close to what was seen in 2.5.5.
Plenty of us doing it and not really regretting anything.

Edited by LucShep
  • Like 1

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

Total AI overhaul.

I want to see the aircraft AI behavior improved for both BVR, and WVR combat. I would also like to see some kind of a moral, or aggressiveness index. Basically an improvement to the "allow about mission" setting. So if the situation became unfavorable the AI would just cut and run. They'll kind of do this now. But I'm talking full up disengage and leave. I would also like more scalability to the AI. I would like an advanced AI settings option where Ai attributes such as Aggressiveness, weapons employment, BVR defensive tactics, WVR defensive tactics, and Aircraft handling could all be set with sliders. I would prefer 1-100 value. The four, I prefer five skill levels, would be an average numerical value six AI attributes. That way each AI aircraft would be slightly different. Let me be clear if you faced an AI that is maxed out you shouldn't win. 

Beyond that we need a naval AI that is able to conduct at least basic surface and subsurface warfare. This includes using counter measures such as chaff screens and flairs, and tactics such as turning the most defensive weapons to the attack. As well as offensive tactics like waiting to volley fire antiship missiles. 

The Ground AI is also included in this. I've already placed my suggestion for an upgrade the the current lack of ground AI. Basically a system that allows an attack to stop it they come apon overwhelming opposition. Or a defender to retreat if there massively out matched. 

The AI in sim isn't much improved over the AI it had back in LOMAC. It's time for an upgrade. I'm certain any of this is predicated on getting multi core working though. 

• Like 2

Longtime simmer (Warbirds 2.xx, Aces High Beta '99, MSFS 1995+, Targetware) with a few bits for the devs to ponder on...

• Refined visual effects. Any number of YouTube videos can be referenced for show-of-force fly-bys, gun employment, engine blast/rotor wash, etc. Muzzle blast is a bit simplistic, moreso at night. Engine blast, rotor/jet wash, and aircraft wake all create rather pathetic dust/water effects. Just needs a bit of polish, really.
  • Aircraft functionality before complex systems/weapons implementation. The F16 'pinky switch' for afterburner gate doesn't work but we just received ECM, HMCS updates, HTS, and other complicated systems.
  • Standardize control mapping for common functions. Having to tell DCS I don't want my CH Throttle mini-stick to function in pitch/roll, but do want it as the TDC slew, for ten separate aircraft is needlessly complex. Multiply this by... CH Throttle, VKB Gladiator, seven separate hat switches, eight buttons, one two-stage trigger, and a button box. Right now, four of the seven planes in FC3 aren't even mapped because I won't spend an hour repetitiously resetting functions.
  • A patch or two per year for bugs/issues/missing bits in modules that were called 'done' but weren't actually finished. F5E has had broken instrumentation for years. Yak doesn't have LOD models or a damage model, again for years. This is rude to customers who paid for a complete, functioning, module and then didn't get it because the Next Big Thing hit the pipeline as a money maker. I have some miles saved and after watching Mover's various commentary on the T38, was going to get the F5E. Then I went through the bug board pre-purchase and got cold feet. Now? Likely save them for the A6E when it hits. If long-standing issues are being addressed, or the modules are being updated ala BC3, ED needs to state as much in a pinned news post.

Edited by phone
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While all of these are great I think the biggest mutually beneficial addition would be non-fighter/attack modules.  While we all have our favorites eventually the popular fighter and attack aircraft list will be exhausted.  It’s Called Digital Combat Simulator World…..Combat encompasses much more than F and A type aircraft. With the WIP pics of the new AI S-3B I’m hopeful to one day see a full fidelity module.  A multi crew carrier aircraft that can be used for all kinds of things, even ISR with a pod.  AI Subs have been creeping in over time, surely ASW will happen at some point.  The B-1B, if they can get the data and do a multi crew B1 module……..HOLY S*** I’d bet they would see Apache type pre-orders.  How about even the humble E-2….sure a lot of data is classified but make a flyable E-2 with some sort of LOT ATC style NFO slot…..I mean someone did the bi-plane, what a waste, these others are the types we need especially to build the multiplayer community.  All these servers and squadrons filled with fighters and attack aircraft……imagine being able to do closer to full spectrum ops and all the possibilities that would bring.

we are on black shark 3 but can’t get a S-3 Viking 1

• Like 3

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

My wishlist

• 1st through 3rd Gen blue for modules. Chinese and Russian law limits the newer assets so DCS should focus on cold war aircraft 
  • Red for assets for WWII and early cold war (Stalinist era) right now the I-16 is just by itself and the F-86 and F-51 need targets
  • Naval and land modules and improvements. I keep going on about Fleet ops and combined arms II- as I think these modules if done right would be a lot better than asset packs. 

maps

• Cold war maps - centeral Europe, Alaska / Fareast, I really don't care just something for that time period
  • Korea
  • Vietnam if it won't cause our CPUs to melt
  • Kursk
  • WWII Causces- 
  • Spain, Finland or Khalinin Gol just something early war for the I-16

game improvements

• Obviously multi core support and improved VR
  • Some sort of auto config for graphics possibly using a bench test utility
  • Imporved control assignment- I've suggested this countless times we should have two profiles called  something like common air plane or common helicopter controls which will feature things like pitch, yaw, roll, left throttle , right throttle, single throttle, cyclic, trim, target designator commands, wheel brakes.  So when you install a new controller you will set up the common controls push them to the modules or when you install a new module it will look at the common control profile and set up defaults if you want to make any module specific change you would still have the module specific profile.
  • cargo editor for transports 
  • Have landing craft and amphibious vehicles launch from amphibious assault ships
  • A waypoint for air drop of paratroops or cargo
  •  

• Like 1

Everything still in game that havent been updated since Flanker 2.0 either removed or replaced.

• Like 2

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• 2 weeks later...

Supercarrier Upgrades

- Carrier wake improvement
- More yellow shirts marshalling you (especially out of the arresting gear)
- System for distributing supercarrier crew technology to third party developer products e.g. Forrestal, Tarawa ++
- Supercarrier comms for Tarawa
- Bring Kuznetsov up to supercarrier standard
- Russian crew on Kuznetsov
- Chinese and Indian carriers
- Planes for Chinese and Indian carriers
    - Shenyang J-15
    - MiG-29K
- WWII Carriers + planes
- Actually, just lots more carriers, from everybody, with the appropriate aircraft. 🙂
- Deliver the promised Stennis upgrade
- If features need to slip focus, on topside improvements - briefing rooms or ready rooms etc. should come dead last.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, flanker1 said:

fully equipped cold war era soviet airbase(s) with the graphic standard of the ones from syria map in caucasus map - or even better - in a new cold war scenario map

Fulda Gap. Oh god yes!! Especially with the F-4, and Hind. Su-17/22. Maybe Mig-27, Mig-23MLA, a Mig-25. I'm sure I'm missing some of them. But the Soviet era ground pounders should be mostly doable. It's easy mony ED. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FlankerKiller said:

Fulda Gap. Oh god yes!! Especially with the F-4, and Hind. Su-17/22. Maybe Mig-27, Mig-23MLA, a Mig-25. I'm sure I'm missing some of them. But the Soviet era ground pounders should be mostly doable. It's easy mony ED. 

and it is absolutely overdue. . . can not really understand why we haven t got one in the past. . . as you said, easy money for ED. . . 

• Thanks 1

What do I want most from DCS. I want it to stay true to it's original goles. I want ED to continue to make the most realistic virtual aircraft possible, and the most realistic environment to fly them in. I want to see the core game improve. I want to see better AI in the air, on land, especially at sea. I want to see true dynamic weather, I want an ATC to tell me what approach I'm flying into the field. And I want to be marshalled onto the spot. I want a dynamic campaign with a robust logistics engine. I want targets that actually do something. I want to blow up a bridge and have it actually affect the other side supply lines. I want to fly in a dynamic War scenario where I have no idea what mission I'm going to fly when I boot up DCS. But my actions either degrade the opponent, or my failures degrade my side. And above all else I want ED to never ever give into the calls for balance, or to guess and make "fake planes".   That's what I want from DCS.

5 minutes ago, flanker1 said:

and it is absolutely overdue. . . can not really understand why we haven t got one in the past. . . as you said, easy money for ED. . . 

I have no Idea. In 2016 it really seemed that they were going to climb right up the technology tree until the modern jets. You know developing the vertual technology to simulate the actual technology, and selling a ton of bad ass modules as they went. But what's done is done. Maybe there is enough interest now.

• Like 3

An ED-DCS DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN ENGINE is best choice it will deepen the war experience with immersion and tactical/strategic game play. However truly wanting DCS World to encompass all that aviation could be in a sim experience yes ALL/EVERYTHING LOL.

EG...

• ATC
  • GLOBAL MAP
  • COMMERCIAL AVIATION
  • A.I
  • IMPROVED EFFECTS AND VISUALS
  • REVISED AND IMPROVED COMBINED ARMS
  • LAND - AIR - SEA IMPROVEMENTS
  • VARIOUS TRAINING GROUNDS
  • MORE AIRCRAFT

Edited by WRAITH
  • Like 1