What do you want to see most in DCS World?

Wags

What do you want to see most in DCS World?  

1607 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see most in DCS World?

• 4th generation, multirole fighters
    • Dynamic campaign system
    • New combat theater maps
    • Improved multiplayer with dedicated server and online performance tracking
    • New and improved air traffic control system
    • New and improved effects and audio and visuals
    • More content in the form of missions and campaigns
    • Other. Please list in discussion
    • New helicopters, like attack helos
    • Older era aricraft from WWII to Vietnam

Voted Dynamic Campaign system, with ATC being a close second, and 4th gen Multi-Role on third place.

+1

Dynämic campaign system would be cool

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Dynamic Campain by a BIG margin for me.

All of the others would give you joy for a while, dynamic campaign will give you joy for...well...for eternity.

Also it would be best if it was realtime dynamic campaign, meaning that you can sit back a watch the war unfold, not just get series of generated missions.

Edited by baronnomis
just adding one more thought

Not being able to vote for more options, I voted what seems most logical "New combat theater maps". We can have all the modules we want, but if not then we place them in a suitable environment, remain they remain without a purpose. Then I would still support the vote for a second very important aspect for people flying online, and invite developers to work on this aspect and that is "the Improved multiplayer with dedicated servers and online performance tracking" :thumbup:

DC

DC is seriously overdue.

Owing to the lack of replay-ability in canned missions; playing them more than once or twice significantly depreciates their value.

There's a reason beyond the many great mods made for F4 that it survives to this day. Nothing compares to a DC.

So many things in the list will come in due course, but a DC is, and always has been, overdue in DCS.

Slip the surly bonds of Earth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i7 2600k@4.5||Z77 Extreme 6||16GB RAM

WIN 10||HTC Vive ||G940||1080Ti

I voted Dynamic campaign, but i would add, MULTIPLAYER dynamic campaign, of course with a decent dedicated server and good multiplayer code.

All the rest of things can be done by third party... and for me the dynamic campaign is what is needed, because I hate to repeat missions.

I voted Dynamic campaign, but i would add, MULTIPLAYER dynamic campaign, of course with a decent dedicated server and good multiplayer code.

All the rest of things can be done by third party... and for me the dynamic campaign is what is needed, because I hate to repeat missions.

+1

My thoughts exactly

Voted other as I am sure we will get sooner or later older planes and maps.

What single element would improve my enjoyment?

Live world. Airfields and FARPS that are not deserted, engineers and equipment working around aircrafts at least when we give them the commands to:

-put on/off ground power

-put/remove chokes

-refuel

-rearm

-help start engines

-help closing canopies

-removing ladders

-signaling

Even option to start on the ground to do preflight would be awesome especially if it would matter and random failures would happen in multiplayer also.

More brain to ground units

Thank your sir :thumbup:

This would be a huge improvement of imersion. Like others i would like to see everything. But with some points of this list are coming more or less soon, THAT would be a point I highly support

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Improved multiplayer! Without it the game will stay unpopulated. We need new netcode quick. Its hard to do combat in this combat simulator :(

Second on my list would be a new WW2 map with units for it... but that doesn't matter as long as the server issue is not resolved :(

I'm glad to see that the interest in "old stuff" is so low. (C'mon guys you have plenty of WWII sims!)

There are issues to be resolved and wanting more planes won't help the game, thats why WW2 community is not jumping around demanding more planes when the promissed 6 were not even finished yet.

Edited by Solty
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I really don't understand why this Dynamic Campaign is such a big deal, I mean it would be a nice thing to have but should it be a top priority? Also, and please correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't it be super hard to do such thing for a multiplayer? I could easily see that this is a hard thing to do in terms of coding and scripting, but hey, I dont know shit about developing. Anyway, I'd prefer some new 4rd gen multiroles, but that is just my opinion ;)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Dynamic campaign is the most important thing you could add. I hate using the unwieldy mission creator, and I often find myself with nothing to do in DCS except replay the same 1 or 2 campaigns.

Dynamic campaigns are the reason people have been playing Falcon 4.0 for over 15 years.

Multiplayer is dependent on far too many factors (decent communication, decent bandwidth, servers, etc) to make this game last for the next 10+ years.

Edited by Wavehopper

I voted for Campaigns and Missions but really want more thematic content e.g. campaign around a particular timescale / theatre. This would aid immersion and also make DCS world more accessible to new entrants. I fear it must be a little confusing now with the vast and growing range of flyable planes / helos.

i7 8770 4 16MB RAM Geforce GTX 1070 8GB, Win 10 64, TH Warthog Hotas, Saitek Pedals, TIR5, Woodburning Stove, Dog, Zamberlan boots, P&H Kayak, Getaway Car[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really don't understand why this Dynamic Campaign is such a big deal

I'm interested in it because this will make the game more enjoyable for solo/coop players.

To me the new aircraft and different maps are just eye-candy (I over-simplify, please don't shoot) that is added on top of the game engine to make it prettier or more diverse, everything will be developed eventually (maps, aircraft) I have no doubt.

But the engine core is what will carry the sim over the years, that's why it's the most important to develop.

I hope this point of view will help you understand it better ;)

Here are some things i think are pretty achievable in the near term (ps vote dedicated server):

Improved AI unit damage modelling. DCS shouldn't be outdone in realism by War Thunder Arcade Mode, and should be using a similar damage model. This would include various major components, armor and crew modelled, as well as a penetration model and different types of ammo-- AP shouldn't just be "higher damage and smaller explosion than HE" like it is right now. This would be a huge improvement for anyone who does any groundpounding at all.

More ground/air AI units and theaters from ww2 to vietnam.

ECM overhaul- Pretty much just as detailed by GGTharos here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2411970&postcount=21 . Would greatly improve multiplayer, especially for ground-pounders, but also for regular fighters.

FC3 level (SSM/AFM) Mig-31/Su-30/Su-34. We're probably not getting DCS-Level versions of these aircraft anyways, but now that western multirole is on the horizon (f-5, f-14, f/a-18, mirage 2000) this would keep "red vs blue" multiplayer interesting and easier to balance for mission makers.

Going through here I found an argument against a Dynamic Campaign system over scripted campaigns on the basis of immersion. I would have to respectfully disagree here on personal experience.

With a scripted campaign I never really find myself getting into into whatever story I'm given, it's usually just stuff to skip through looking for information relevant to the mission at hand. However whenever I would find myself flying a campaign in Falcon I would always have a little story going in my head as things unfolded and as the forces in the theater shifted.

Also, like howie87 stated if done right all the radio chatter of different flights really puts you in the theater and adds a whole other layer of immersion that's hard to beat.