What do you want to see most in DCS World?

Wags

What do you want to see most in DCS World?  

1607 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see most in DCS World?

• 4th generation, multirole fighters
    • Dynamic campaign system
    • New combat theater maps
    • Improved multiplayer with dedicated server and online performance tracking
    • New and improved air traffic control system
    • New and improved effects and audio and visuals
    • More content in the form of missions and campaigns
    • Other. Please list in discussion
    • New helicopters, like attack helos
    • Older era aricraft from WWII to Vietnam

From a 3rd party artist perspective:

More creative control with custom shaders and cube maps.

Self model reflections

• Like 1

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Voted other. Better gameplay by squashing gameplay affecting bugs ASAP as they appear (like horrible FPS drops when using certain weapons), improving tactically relevant features and most importantly making AI less robotic (superhuman knowledge and reaction times) and tactically more proficient.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

A dynamic campaign system is sorely needed for DCS. It's what breathes longevity into a platform like this. Take a look at BMS. It's inferior in pretty much every way but people flock to it because of the campaign. The new IL-2 games are also failing because of a lack of things to do and the Lowengrin and Pat Wilson campaign generators for the old IL-2 and Rise of Flight have attracted more players than any aircraft release.

U.S. Naval Ops Package

I voted for for maps, but what I would really like that was not included in the pole, is U.S. Aircraft Carrier ops, and more U.S. Navy ships to fill out the fleet. E.D. Has done a beautiful job modeling the Tico and Perry. I would love to see a cold war era black mast Spruance class, Virginia Class (CGN), Iowa, Knox, Tarawa/Wasp, Whidbey Island, Newport, LCAC, and a couple of oilers.

-Woog

Can someone explain to me what a 'Dynamic Campaign' would mean for DCS? A lot of people seem to want it but I dont see why.

Imagine either a Single player or Multi player campaing where you do not have to use thirdparty scripts to gather information about what you did in previous mission, or iterations. A battlefield which evolves dynamicaly to players behaviour and choices. Campaings that have strong continuity to what you did in previous missions not just the same thing again and again.

It would shine mostly in multi player where managing an event would be A LOT easier and the fighting would be also more realistic. Destroying a building, unit or mission objective would have imediate efect on enemy without the need to restart the server and a lot of work of admins.

I would recommend you to watch some Falcon BMS videos about how the campaing there works.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

How about 4th Generation MultiCORE benefit! :music_whistling:

Otherwise i´m very lucky with the evolution of DCS (2.0, NTTR and all the upcoming stuff)

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Voted other as I am sure we will get sooner or later older planes and maps.

What single element would improve my enjoyment?

Live world. Airfields and FARPS that are not deserted, engineers and equipment working around aircrafts at least when we give them the commands to:

-put on/off ground power

-put/remove chokes

-refuel

-rearm

-help start engines

-help closing canopies

-removing ladders

-signaling

Even option to start on the ground to do preflight would be awesome especially if it would matter and random failures would happen in multiplayer also.

More brain to ground units

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I voted other, because I think that these two are ESSENTIAL for the future of the DCS:

- 4th generation fighters (DCS F16 AND DCS MIG 29, released simultaneously)

- New and improved air traffic control system (which sucks big time at the moment killing immersion totally)

Dynamic campaign would be nice too, but these two are at the top of my priorities.

Edited by danilop

A multiplayer compatible dynamic campaign system would improve the replayability and player enjoyment of all modules and give DCS multiplayer the shot in the arm it needs to really take off. Many of the other options are neat features but don't have the same huge potential as dynamic campaign functionality to completely reshape the way people play DCS for the better.

After all, why do people still play BMS?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had to go with dynamic campaigns.

The catch 22 is if this folds over into multiplayer. I for one would like to see it being a dynamic multiplayer experience.

The maps can come as 3rd party plug-ins. There's a very promising project under way in the mods and apps section.

Modules takes the time it takes.

But the core game is still a little off in the features.

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

WW II map, so I chose "New combat theater maps"

"NEW" means WWII for me :)

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

And if it's all jets and helicopters and bombers and warbirds in the world, that will enter DCS series - to fly them all only on one single (or two if Nevada is released) map, is boring after a decade of this simulation.

Maps and theaters must be pushed. Just watch 14 year old Il-2 - all those 3xx planes would be useless if they hadn't had the maps to fly on.

So I say, please add more maps and theaters to DCS to make this simulation perfect :chef: :)