What do you want to see most in DCS World?

Wags

What do you want to see most in DCS World?  

1607 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see most in DCS World?

• 4th generation, multirole fighters
    • Dynamic campaign system
    • New combat theater maps
    • Improved multiplayer with dedicated server and online performance tracking
    • New and improved air traffic control system
    • New and improved effects and audio and visuals
    • More content in the form of missions and campaigns
    • Other. Please list in discussion
    • New helicopters, like attack helos
    • Older era aricraft from WWII to Vietnam

I voted for Dynamic Campaign.

But what I'm really after is more or less a career system. Being in a squadron with wingmen that have names, a squadron kill board, medals, a chance to move up in rank...etc.

Making a campaign truly dynamic can be a daunting task...so more like dynamic mission assignments within a career system is what I'm trying to say.

It would breathe new life into the modules owned IMO.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard

Windows 7 64 bit Home edition

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz

16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory

EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card

Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)

Samsung 840 1TB SSD

Onboard Realtek sound

Had to register just to vote. Dynamic Campaigns would be soo sweet.

This here shows why Dynamic Campaigns are such an important feature that needs to be added to DCS.

Even though I voted for 4th Gen fighters (cause... Hornet) the more players we can pull in the better the game can be.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

+1 for the Dynamic Campaign System.

This could be the gift that keeps on giving, especially if it is generating an ongoing war like the Falcon 4.0 system.

Imagine creating campaigns using the ME to set orders of battle, supply lines, control objectives, having LUA customizable AI "personalities" in charge of the war effort with different ways of achieving strategic goals, and the ability to jump into any aircraft in the campaign (for which you own the module) and fly with others in an persistent environment!

Edited by Home Fries

Thats hard to pick just one.

Regarding Vehicles, i would say that

4th generation, multirole fighters

New helicopters, like attack helos, we have some good utility helos, but we need more 'modern' attack helos

Then regarding 'other' i would say

Dynamic campaign system

Then maybe New and improved air traffic control system, but DCS 2.0 may cover this for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Hard to choose, Wags...

I picked 4th Gen Fighters, since I would like to see DCS move forward - and not backward (i.e., WWII or Vietnam etc), with a lot more coming from ED and Belsimtek specifically.

DCS World is a flight simulation platform, which ED can expand upon and make it future-proof. Because of that, DCS needs an overhaul of ATC procedures, much improved special effects, and a dynamic campaign. That should be the building block for all future content.

With a dynamic campaign, add-on missions and campaigns become less important.

Oh, and attack helos? Yes please. AH-64 and Mi-28. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Very much would like a dynamic campaign but considering the effort involved I voted for new maps because that seems more likely to happen soon.

You've been kindly ask what you want most by the developer himself, there's no better time to voice your preference ;)

We need a dedicated server to have fun with dynamic campaign as you cant almost have moving units in the current version with much over 16 players. We need a server that runs many players, human jtac, human players in ground war and a server that holds thugs and cheaters out.

Edited by HiJack

I'll like to see a DC like what Falcon 4 has.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

As much as I'd like a dynamic campaign, I had to pick other because I'd much rather see them work on bringing the FC3 aircraft to a DCS level over the dynamic campaign. The aircraft I enjoy flying are all stuck at the FC3 level while the US gets all the cool clickable airplanes :(

If by 4th generation fighters you mean F-16 then yes please. Blue Forces are seriously Behind the 8 Ball when it comes to SEAD missions. Yes I know an A-10 can perform SEAD...but it's a little unrealistic. I know the F-18 is coming...The simple fact is I have a Thrustmaster Cougar I have never used to its fullest because F-16 sims to date have not been DCS quality.

After that, dynamic campaign and realistic ATC would be my next items.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I'm all for a dynamic campaign! That would make the game infinitely better. The problem I have with the campaigns right now if if I fail, I just redo the mission. I want to see a step back if I fail. It'll seem more like a true war campaign. It would increase replay and bring in more pilots. Who would fly falcon BMS when you could play a far superior sim imho.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for this poll, I'm glad there is real interest in all of these topics.

I voted for new theaters since thats what many of the current DCS modules need to complete the experience.

That said, a Dynamic Campaign is much like the huge upgrade offered by DCS1.5 - it enhances all of the existing modules and would make any campaign much more realistic. Would probably increase the relative value of DLC campaigns as well.

I also think more 4th gen fighters is sure to be popular, I couldn't say no to any of them.

My 2 cents,

Nick

I selected the dynamic campaign, but I also have one for "other"

Multiplayers under 1 flight. 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, all recognized as human players under the leadership of 1-1. shared waypoints for the flight, 1-1 and others can use the easy comms to communicate orders and commands. Not sure if that fits under improved multiplayer or not.

AegisFX this is implemented with 1.5... Unless I have no idea what you're talking about.:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I feel like before anything new is released (After DCS 2.0) The devs time should be spent fixing all the existing bugs and getting the current modules out of beta. This includes fixing the ATC logic.

This way any new content in the future can arrive with a clean slate and not have years of old bugs coming along with them.

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Hi,

I voted for Dynamic campaign system.

New maps already in progress, so i didn't choose it, but, IMO, new maps should have more focus, more official third parties working on many different maps, and also releasing the map creating tools to the community, i know the concern about quality etc..but, there are very talented peoples and groups. it will boost and make the success of the sim much more big IMO.

Also, optimization of the amount of vehicles, CA is great, but, on multiplayer, moving few groups of vehicles causes a lot of lags and make it unplayable.

Last thing, i would love that the work on the F-16C and AH-64A will continue.

Thx

Really hard choose...still I'd love to see more helos UH-60, OH-58, CH-47 and etc. Hence, I choose more helos.

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal