What do you want to see most in DCS World?

Wags

What do you want to see most in DCS World?  

1607 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see most in DCS World?

• 4th generation, multirole fighters
    • Dynamic campaign system
    • New combat theater maps
    • Improved multiplayer with dedicated server and online performance tracking
    • New and improved air traffic control system
    • New and improved effects and audio and visuals
    • More content in the form of missions and campaigns
    • Other. Please list in discussion
    • New helicopters, like attack helos
    • Older era aricraft from WWII to Vietnam

What I would like to see most is fixes/completion of what already exists in DCS. For me, this would make more of a difference than new content and new features.

But if I had to pick something from that list, it'd be anything BUT dynamic campaigns. *yawn*

I voted for:

4th generation, multirole fighters

However, I would like to make clear one thing:

I would prefer these to be "FC3 level" much like the F-15C. PFM/AFM with simplified avionics. Sadly I do not have the time to map the controls and fully learn/remember all the controls in most study sim level planes. FC3 hits an excellent balance of realism while still allowing myself to utilize the aircraft in actual combat. I also realize finding info to make study sim level modern fighters may be hard or impossible, whereas simplified avionics have leeway in this area. I'd gladly take an F-16 or Su-35 at the FC3 level rather than not having them at all. Likewise, I will gladly buy them over any WWII plane as it is my personal area of interest.

I voted for dynamic campaign system, but russians needs to have new or modernized 4th gen fighter, if not Su-27sm then Mig-29m or whatever. Russian planes need some love in my opinion. /sorry for broken english. :)

• ED Team
This here shows why Dynamic Campaigns are such an important feature that needs to be added to DCS.

Even though I voted for 4th Gen fighters (cause... Hornet) the more players we can pull in the better the game can be.

I did the same vote. We need dynamic campaign and more DCS 4th gen. fighters.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

we REALLY need new maps/scenarios. Whilst a lot of you may like to fly a Huey or P51 or F86 in Georgia, I'd prefer to have a full Vietnam map that goes hand in hand with a dynamic campaign. If all we had was modern (or from the 80s onwards say) aircraft then fine. But c'mon, we need different maps and scenarios.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I voted other, but it depends what you mean about 'dynamic campaign'. I want that, but secondly to a living breathing world.

I would like to see busy and populated airbases, with all the bits and bobs lying around you get on a working airbase, as well as traffic and 'people getting on with their jobs', other a/c flying off and doing things, normal air traffic etc. Along with this, them using the radios like we have to do.

Secondly (or thirdly depending how you read it), I would like individual renderable cameras, like MSFS does. So if I wished I could have one camera on one screen as my main trackir vision, and another looking off in another direction, or permanently set to an external view, or looking at the dashboard. Obviously still being able to disable the external view in mp would be important, but if it's 'inside' the cockpit it should be allowed.

The living world would be a big one for me though, regardless if that was a dynamic campaign or not. I would like to see it all the time, regardless if it's a mess about we are doing, or a full mission. Controlling that world would be important though, a damaged a/c shouldn't be stuck in the holding pattern, it should get clearance first as well as if you are scrambling, you should jump the queue. So it needs to have a certain level of intelligence.

Sadly with all those extra object and all that Ai around, I can imagine it killing the fps.

Edited by DTWD

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dynamic campaign/persistent world. And of course, with multiplayer capability.

Operations in Falcon 4 were a good example of this. So I'm not looking for a campaign with a "plot or "story", I'm looking for a scenario in a mostly open and persistent world.

imho, you forgot something that should be mandatory : BVR combat, true one.

When you compare with BMS Falcon, DCS is lacking many options but the worst one, the one because Falcon will still be prefered is this one.

Mission editor as well is way too poor in DCS.

Voted other. I want a mission planner and briefing page that allows for dynamic tasks to be properly briefed for in multiplayer. But mostly I want it just so I can select a custom livery.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

OK, it seems that is obvious what community want (it's not in my personal top two priorities but it's definitely one of the essentials).

Dynamic Campaign System.

If you decide to go that route, please consider developing Dynamic Campaign system as a totally independent server application which could run on network (LAN or internet) 24/7. It should be developed with multi-threading in mind from start.

Basically we need dynamic combat simulating supercomputer, running somewhere on network in background, injecting real time data into DCS clients connected to it. That would relieve DCS from horrendously demanding task of computing dynamic battle outcomes.

I'm talking about computer system which is already in place in all top militaries around the World for aiding decision making of General Staff! :)

Go for it!

Edited by danilop

Wow very surprising poll results. Im not really interested in a dynamic campaign, and didn't vote for it mainly because the campaigns in DCS have been really lackluster and very buggy. (With honorable exceptions of course)

I voted ATC, because the one we have is lifeless as hell, and because it might lead to better AI communication and more importantly to better GCI/AWACS comms & routines. Something that is severely lacking in DCS.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Dynamic campaigns most definitely, especially ones that allow you to establish a "career path" as that adds to the immersion - in my opinion. It's the biggest glaring "omission" that I first noted with DCS - there are these wonderful systems and modules yet all it isn't showcased like it could be with dynamic campaigns.

My vote went to the 4th gen multirole aircraft. The a10c is still my favorite aircraft with all its complex systems and newish MFD's, so i can't wait for a faster jet/real multirole aircraft to appear. The F18c will be great, but an f16c would be nice as well.

A dynamic campaign could be a great addition if done right. In a real conflict no single one pilot has that great an impact on progress, so for you to really make a difference you would have to be able to make some strategic discisions as commander as well as just fly the generated missions.

And if its going to 'feel' right the area should be 'alive'. In a lot of missions there is a single area of intense action and if you steer away from that you will find the map empty. It would be great if it could be build so that wherever you fly you will find things going on as you would expect in real life, even if that means you will most probably be shot down by SAM of scrambled jets. ;)

1. Dedicated server with stats,

2. client and server stability.

3. Normady map,

4. improved damage model

5. B-17 bot and then some day flyable with multicrew feature.

Illustation: http://www.twitch.tv/rafmuffler/v/23505434

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

I voted for multiplayer improvements.

We will always see new modules coming to DCS but the framework for creating community missions just isn't there by default.

I'd like to see:

1. Dedicated server with Linux or Windows options that run via command line

2. Console access to dedicated servers (much like HLDS)

3. Much improved server browser (filter by region, mission name)

4. Ability to create virtual squadrons by adding friends

5. Consolidated squadron log book with stats and figures about the squadron

6. Integrated voice coms

Hi all

I've selected "Improved multiplayer with dedicated server and online performance tracking", which is in 4th possition behind of "4th generation, multirole fighters", "Dynamic campaign system" and "New combat theater maps".

Do you really think that these other tree capabilities are available without a propper dedicated server? How will you maintain a long-term dynamic campaign without a server to manage it? We all are multiplayer users, but there won't be enough servers until a friendly dedicated server is released.

Regards,

• Like 1