DCS World 2 and NTTR

IJammer

Hi

I noticed that the DCS World 2 and NTTR thread is closed?

Anyhow, I was going to pre-purchase the NTTR module in readiness for DCS World 2... I went to the modules purchase page and noticed that the 'minimum' specification lists the OS as 7,8 and 10... (64) some of the modules list Vista, 7, 8 and 10 as minimum specifications... am I to assume that NTTR will not run with a Vista 64 PC ? :cry:

I built my PC just before W7 became available... it has a P45 socket and an Intel Q666 CPU @ 3.2Mhz, 8Gb of DDR2 and an HD7950 gfx (3Gb DDR5). Not the highest of specs I know... However it runs the DCS World beta 1.5 on medium gfx setting @ 60 - 100 FPS and rarely drops below 40 FPS in multiplayer; depends on the server and how many toys are employed and how many other users there are.

So, again... can I safely pre-purchase NTTR and will it run with my older Vista 64 based system? :pilotfly:

Dave (IJammer)

DCS 2.0 and NTTR will require DirectX 11 and 64 bit to run. Windows Vista might not be officially supported by ED, but if you can run DCS 1.5 then you will probably be able to run DCS 2.0. That said, since you do not meet the official minimum specs, you will be purchasing at your own risk.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You will need Windows 7 64 Bit to Run DCS 1.5/2.0 as the Engine Requires DirectX 11

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

OK, thanks for the reply's. I did think that my Vista 64 was running DX11... so I went and checked with 'dxdiag', and yes, DX11 is installed. I also believe that most modern GFX cards will process DX11 graphics anyhow. I have bitten the bullet and pre-purchased NTTR at the special offer price (I will need one day) I will report back if NTTR runs or not on my Vista 64 (some people may want to upgrade to Vista :) )

Beta 1.5 has made a dramatic difference to my DCS... I am now getting three times the frame rate and my HD7950 GFX is at long last having to pull its weight :) Hopefully, next year I can build a new PC to do DCS full justice.

I am not suggesting you do, but is the w10 free upgrade not available from vista?
I believe not... only goes back to W7 for the free upgrade... not sure I would want W10 anyhow, I thought that was tablet software? My sister has a laptop with W10 and I find it almost impossible to use! W7 would be nice though :)

However, I have been told in the past that Vista 64 will run anything that W7 can... but not quite as good! They stuck a lot of extra crap in Vista that most people did not want.

As my Vista 64 is running with DX11 and my CPU is a quad core... I am hoping it will work with DCS 2.0 and NTTR. I have everything crossed :)

IJammer

Win8 was a desktop version of a tablet interface.

Win10 is excellent software.

What do you find impossible about Win10? I may be able to give a hand...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Well, I know people say that about Vista (64), but I must admit I have had no trouble at all with it in five years... I skinned it down a bit by taking some of the crud out that M$ had installed by default (why do software people insist that you have their little gems by default!)... with my sisters laptop (win10) it took me ages to find the ruddy desktop icon among all the clutter on the splash screen! Probably after a couple of hours playing with it I would get the hang of it... but with XP, Vista and Win7 I know my way around pretty well. :)

Dave (IJammer)

I loved Win 7, and at first when I moved to Win 8.1 I was like what the heck? But once I got it to work in desktop mode and got my shortcuts I needed where I want them, I have become very fond of 8.1- it runs very well for me. Love the quick boot time.

No I don't care for the tiles way of working with it at all, all about my desktop which is how I am used to working with windows.

Have not quite decided to take the plunge to Windows 10 yet.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Win10 does regular windows desktop by default.

Remember to right click the start button for all of your tech needs :).

Yeah Vista was bad at first but after SP1 it wasn't as bad :).

Win 8 was "ok" once you got it to stop doing the stupid tile thing.

But Win 10 is awesome. Every bit as good as Win7 and even better.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)