Tacca's NVG mod for 2.5+

static const float2 EYE_CENTER = float2(0.5f, 0.67f);

static const float2 EYE_SIZE = float2(0.47f, 0.75f);

//RING Sizing

static const float ROFade = 0.90f;

static const float RMerge = 0.65f;

static const float RInner = 0.63f;

This is a good setting to have a DCS NVG close to real life on display resolution of 1920x1200. The ring sizing is the same for all display resolution.

Ciao

Edited by giaco1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

static const float2 EYE_CENTER = float2(0.5f, 0.67f);

static const float2 EYE_SIZE = float2(0.47f, 0.75f);

//RING Sizing

static const float ROFade = 0.90f;

static const float RMerge = 0.65f;

static const float RInner = 0.63f;

This is a good setting to have a DCS NVG close to real life on display resolution of 1920x1200. The ring sizing is the same for all display resolution.

Ciao

Thankyou for this Giaco, these values will now be used as default in all future releases.

• Like 1

Is it possible that implementation of the ring size variables ruined the center and size variables? They don't seem to respond to my custom inputs anymore..

No it shouldnt, ill check later today. make sure you are completely deleting old versions before applying the new one (dont merge forlders)

Hi Tacca,

i write here all feature of the real NVG for your future release (if the DCS engine allow this).

1. The ANVS9 don't amplify the green light and the led light (a green illuminated cockpit and green instrument result totally black, this is the reason of the HUD NVG switch in the A-10C)

2. The NVG in flight is constantly focused on infinite. The cockpit appear blurry (and Black), also the nose and wing appear a bit blurry (like DOF in photography)

3. The ANVS9 is capable to adapt the intensity of amplification. For example if i look a light source directly, the NVG auto-dim its intensity. I don't know if possible to make this feature in DCS. In the 1.5 the NVG not change its amplification and it isn't real because i can look very well a tank in the middle of an open field but can't in a road inside a small illuminated town.

Thx very much to everyone for improve this MOD and many many thanks to Tacca for your fantastic work.

ciao

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Tacca,

i write here all feature of the real NVG for your future release (if the DCS engine allow this).

1. The ANVS9 don't amplify the green light and the led light (a green illuminated cockpit and green instrument result totally black, this is the reason of the HUD NVG switch in the A-10C)

Yes, i have been informed about this by someone else who flies the UH60, working on it, should be available soon hopefully....

2. The NVG in flight is constantly focused on infinite. The cockpit appear blurry (and Black), also the nose and wing appear a bit blurry (like DOF in photography)

I want to achieve this very much, I need to learn more to get it working :helpsmilie:

3. The ANVS9 is capable to adapt the intensity of amplification. For example if i look a light source directly, the NVG auto-dim its intensity. I don't know if possible to make this feature in DCS. In the 1.5 the NVG not change its amplification and it isn't real because i can look very well a tank in the middle of an open field but can't in a road inside a small illuminated town.

Possible... maybe :huh:, might get this to work but again I need to learn a lot more

Thx very much to everyone for improve this MOD and many many thanks to Tacca for your fantastic work.

ciao

Your very welcome. Its input like yours and positive reviews that make this whole process possible and worthwhile

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for no update in a little bit, real life things and all that :)

Anyways, my HLSL knowledge is getting better, I have learnt how to re sample and blur efficiently I think and looks pretty good in game. Just a matter of now reading the z buffer and we will have blurred cockpits and I think I know how to do that, hopefully will have an update for everyone tomorrow :)

With the resample stuff I should also be able to make it auto-dim if I can code it efficiently and not make it re sample every rendered pixel twice (by downsizing samples etc) we might have something really special.

Cutting out the green light is looking a little more difficult... need to look into it a bit more and maybe might have to actually mod the cockpit light textures to get something sort of working.... not hopeful though

Edited by tacca

Hey guys, sorry for no update in a little bit, real life things and all that :)

Anyways, my HLSL knowledge is getting better, I have learnt how to re sample and blur efficiently I think and looks pretty good in game. Just a matter of now reading the z buffer and we will have blurred cockpits and I think I know how to do that, hopefully will have an update for everyone tomorrow :)

With the resample stuff I should also be able to make it auto-dim if I can code it efficiently and not make it re sample every rendered pixel twice (by downsizing samples etc) we might have something really special.

Cutting out the green light is looking a little more difficult... need to look into it a bit more and maybe might have to actually mod the cockpit light textures to get something sort of working.... not hopeful though

:helpsmilie::helpsmilie: this z buffer is driving me nuts. I know it exists because of the DOF effects etc. but I cant get it tow work for the life of me, spent all day on it today and im just going around in circles

If I understand correctly this just modifies NVGs of planes that already have them, but doesn't add them to any that don't (like FC3 planes)?

Yes this is correct as of now, in the future i would like it to work with other aircraft but thats a while away once the 2.0 release settles down

Version 2.0.6 Released. Confirmed 2.0 stable

See Here for file and full release notes

- overall increased brightness and reduced noise (especially for the dark desert in 2.0)

- user controllable gain and noise settings

- re coded gain and noise code to easier understand, neater and add user controls

NOTE: Released with skinny ring, see initial post for recommended fat ring settings

Edited by tacca