Tacca's NVG mod for 2.5+

Quick fix worked (nvd.fx) as predicted.

Thanks Frenchy for the quick response. :)

EXCEPT....

It's not passing MP IC again. :(

Edited by Kozmyk

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

EXCEPT....

It's not passing MP IC again. :(

Well of course it doesn't, that's a feature... of the IC system;).

The mod or Frenchy is not at fault as ANY change to the NVG would cause an IC error. (Google: hash+based+integrity+check)

Thanks for fixing the mod Frenchy:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Can't get it to work; when I follow your instructions I get a compilation error and DCS won't start....

Hoi GurbY,

Have you gotten it to work yet? The error you describe is exactly what happens with the old version of the nvd.fx file and version 1.5.5.

Make sure you have the new one in the right place.

Veel succes!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Hoi GurbY,

Have you gotten it to work yet? The error you describe is exactly what happens with the old version of the nvd.fx file and version 1.5.5.

Make sure you have the new one in the right place.

Veel succes!

Tried it yesterday by removing the complete mod (turns out that I had 2.04), and after installing 2.06 with the new .fx file, it worked. So it rather was the combination of old mod with new .fx instead of old .fx file... ;-)

It's broke !!! BUMMER... Love the Mod...!!!

Hey Dude....

Awesome mod, love it and thanks for the hard work...

I just loaded the latest update and I think this is what people are saying above...

For me your mod crashes the load of 1.5

Hope this helps... its a capture of the error window it get see attached

229325562_NVG-LoadError.jpg.da5599a85ce32d783b051713042d8fe5.jpg

It may be easier to find out that this mod has been fixed by also increasing the version number. I first searched for it and read that the current version is the same I already had. I was frustrated that it probably has not been fixed.

At least until I carefully read the thread! :)

It may be easier to find out that this mod has been fixed by also increasing the version number. I first searched for it and read that the current version is the same I already had. I was frustrated that it probably has not been fixed.

Send a picture of what looking through a 4 barrel looks like please? The only hard bit is creating a mathematical expression to represent the shape. Circles, squares etc are easy but when you start to have a shape that is a combination of multiple circles etc it gets hard.

I have the right sized ring now but I'm playing with triple screens and I have three equal rings on each monitor, any idea how to get it to just one ring on my center monitor? Thanks!

Hey, as previously mentioned through the thread I dont have enough coin fro a multi-monitor display, hence I have no way to debug or test the mod in that way, sorry. Sounds a bit odd though whats happening.

Updated initial post.

patch also works for 2.0.4

:)

I have the right sized ring now but I'm playing with triple screens and I have three equal rings on each monitor, any idea how to get it to just one ring on my center monitor? Thanks!
How is your rendering set up? A single viewport spanning three monitors or three separate viewports?

Hello,

I made a mod for your excellent mod, to allow the no Rift DCS VR user to have zoom and brightness increase function. See here.

Thanks for your work. Did you know if it is possible to add NVG feature to planes like weapons mod ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• 1 month later...

Any chance of including the newer ANVIS 9 White Phosphor tubes in the mod? Is it possible to change it from the traditional Green Phos in DCS? This may improve NVG capability in the sim as it does in real life by adding an increase to contrast and depth of field along with better object clarity.

I haven't used the white phos yet and I believe only one EMS company in AUS has it but I have hundreds of hours on green phos ANVIS 6/9 and can see the benefit of white phos.

Thoughts?

Here's a link for those that aren't sure of what I'm talking about.

http://www.asu-nvg.com/products/product_by_type/aviation_night_vision/