Tacca's NVG mod for 2.5+

How does one install this mod?

I would suggest using OVGME here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171956

you can also extract and then copy over your original game files but that causes issues trying to join certain serves and gives you no way to go back to default when needed.

Version 1.2.0

Version 1.2.0

Change log

Added ability to change rendermode. 0 = full screen NVG, 1 = NVG without black ring and 2 = NVG with black ring. Default is set to Rendermode = 2

Features

Includes working option for NVG center, size and ring dimensions (like old mod)

Black ring effect with adjustable thickness settings.

Variable rendermode options

Fixed folder naming issue to be truly OVGME ready

Cannot currently change colour, noise levels or contrast

Download here. OVGME ready :)

As per old mod, change settings in the following file \Tacca's NVG mod 1.1.0\Bazar\shaders\common\MOD_nvg.hlsl (recommend using notepad ++)

render-modes.jpg

Upcoming

will look into adjustable noise and/or colour of NVG but will take a bit longer

Regards

This mod works great, specially in VR where you could see the instrument cockpits controls!!! The problem is that is not compatible with many multiplayers guard protection, please DEVs, could you make available this mod included in 2.5??

I think now NVG-night operations are a lot more realistic than before, specially in A-10 or Ka-50 now you can view instrument cockpit views at the same time.

Frenchy's NVG mod for DCS 1.5.x and 2.x

This mod works great, specially in VR where you could see the instrument cockpits controls!!! The problem is that is not compatible with many multiplayers guard protection, please DEVs, could you make available this mod included in 2.5??

I think now NVG-night operations are a lot more realistic than before, specially in A-10 or Ka-50 now you can view instrument cockpit views at the same time.

I've been under the impression that with real NVG they are focused to the distance (infinity) when you don them on the ground inside the pit, so you can't just quickly look in your cockpit and see clearly inside of it to operate it? So I think the latest iteration from ED is realistic, whereas what you're asking for isn't.

Pilots look past the NVG to see cockpit gauges.

I could very well be wrong, but I feel like I've read the above numerous places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I've been under the impression that with real NVG they are focused to the distance (infinity) when you don them on the ground inside the pit, so you can't just quickly look in your cockpit and see clearly inside of it to operate it? So I think the latest iteration from ED is realistic, whereas what you're asking for isn't.

Pilots look past the NVG to see cockpit gauges.

I could very well be wrong, but I feel like I've read the above numerous places.

Correct

Correct

With the mod NVG is focused at infinity, I didn´t say the opposite.

To your knowledge, I refer that other zones wichn NVG area is not covered, you can read instrument view, so it is more realistic in my opinion (real pilots only has to see down in order to watch cockit displays, and not "turn OFF/ON" the whole NVG.

Sorry it's been a while.

Let me demonstrate how NVGs are in VR:

ED's solution works fine, because it's covering your face from hairline to chin...

ceNColp.png

Your mod would be much better if it just stopped giving me headaches after 5 minutes...

B4Z9R4Z.png

(Remember, I only see the left ring with the left eye and the right ring with the right eye.)

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry it's been a while.

Let me demonstrate how NVGs are in VR:

ED's solution works fine, because it's covering your face from hairline to chin...

ceNColp.png

Your mod would be much better if it just stopped giving me headaches after 5 minutes...

B4Z9R4Z.png

(Remember, I only see the left ring with the left eye and the right ring with the right eye.)

Problem with EDs solution is that you can’t peak under the ring, so you need to switch off nvg look inside the cockpit. They need to make the ring quite a bit smaller so we can see inside and outside, and have it work in MP.

Problem with EDs solution is that you can’t peak under the ring, so you need to switch off nvg look inside the cockpit. They need to make the ring quite a bit smaller so we can see inside and outside.

Exactly! This is why I hope tacca can get this working!

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tacca Mod is good and working just fine in VR. Yes, left and right eyes do not synch to form 1 circle as in a perfectly formed binocular view but I think you will find this is down to DCS VR implementation.

You can change the width, height and position to some degree by editing MOD_nvg.hlsl found in the MOD in Bazar\shaders\common\... and also whether you want a ring / thickness etc..

Personally I use no ring and these settings static const float2 EYE_CENTER = float2(0.5f, 0.75) & static const float2 EYE_SIZE = float2(0.8f, 0.7f);

Works well for me for long periods.... no headaches.

Suggest move your head a lot and always look through the center of the NVG view. (as in RL)

Do not 'look' at the edges of the NVG area use the center portion. Should help some...

SIGBLOCK.png

Here is a suggestion for future versions. Why not make it more oval shaped like looking through binoculars?

Something like this

km5av.png

Have it centered. But here is the key: position Higher than usual, HUD level and over in cockpit so we can read instruments while looking straight ahead.. Emulating the ability to glance/peek under. Edges can be a bit faded and maybe add a grey/black very soft ring around (cause eye cannot focus so close to the face). Make the mask wide but with a small gap on the sides.

Example (sorry I am really bad att picture editing, but you get the general idea :))

2jd3o82.jpg

Just an idea how to further improve this great mod.

I hope that ED will keep improving the official NVG's aswell, night ops will become more usual with the Av8b and F/A-18 Hornet.

Best regards

Tacca Mod is good and working just fine in VR. Yes, left and right eyes do not synch to form 1 circle as in a perfectly formed binocular view but I think you will find this is down to DCS VR implementation.

You can change the width, height and position to some degree by editing MOD_nvg.hlsl found in the MOD in Bazar\shaders\common\... and also whether you want a ring / thickness etc..

Personally I use no ring and these settings static const float2 EYE_CENTER = float2(0.5f, 0.75) & static const float2 EYE_SIZE = float2(0.8f, 0.7f);

Works well for me for long periods.... no headaches.

Suggest move your head a lot and always look through the center of the NVG view. (as in RL)

Do not 'look' at the edges of the NVG area use the center portion. Should help some...

Thanks Gizzy. this also worked for me.

• 1 month later...

NVG mod in 2.5.1 fixes the NV "one" reticle view. And do not hurt multiplayer in this version. Please devs do not remove this MOD for multiplayer purpose, specially in RV where you have to look instrument view

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I liked the one eye NVG DCS had. Left eye you had NVG, right eye you could see the gauges clearly in VR so both together was great. Can you do that with this mod?

+1

This would be super cool! And even better if you could choose which eye as well. :thumbup:

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

I liked the one eye NVG DCS had. Left eye you had NVG, right eye you could see the gauges clearly in VR so both together was great. Can you do that with this mod?

+1

This would be super cool! And even better if you could choose which eye as well. :thumbup:

Hey Guys, if you read in other posts I don't have a VR setup so I cant test it to make what you want. The mod has been made through a lot of trial and error and learning some basic hlsl code.

I don't have a lot of cash to throw round as a self funded masters uni student and just bought a second hand GTX1070 after saving for 3 months for it (as DCS 2.5 was killing my R9 280).

Now, as I said before and this time it is serious, if someone wants to donate a VR headset (even a cheap setup like a lenovo explorer without controllers) to the cause I am more than happy to take it and throw myself back at this project and create several VR options.

• 4 months later...

I seem to have stumbled upon a strange bug with this mod when using the CTLD JTAC with LASER and IR Pointer. Happened in and out of VR, and in multiple aircraft

On a side note, I'm waiting on the next gen VR, when it comes out I've got no problem sending you my headset.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 2 months later...
I seem to have stumbled upon a strange bug with this mod when using the CTLD JTAC with LASER and IR Pointer. Happened in and out of VR, and in multiple aircraft

On a side note, I'm waiting on the next gen VR, when it comes out I've got no problem sending you my headset.

happened to me last night too on MP

using track ir