Tacca's NVG mod for 2.5+

Hi

I've just installed this mod and I really like the ability to look under the NVG goggles at the instruments in VR. The only issue is that the NVG part of the screen is a vertical oval shape rather than round which makes it a little harder on the eyes.

I'm using an Index.

Any thoughts on how to make the goggle view round?

Cheers!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

Hi

I've just installed this mod and I really like the ability to look under the NVG goggles at the instruments in VR. The only issue is that the NVG part of the screen is a vertical oval shape rather than round which makes it a little harder on the eyes.

I'm using an Index.

Cheers!

CptT

From the first post:

Eye Size and position:

EYE_CENTER = sets center point of NVG effect on screen as percentage of X and Y starting at bottom left corner. eg (0.5f, 0.655f) = 50% across and 65.5% up.
[b][u]EYE_SIZE = Sets X and Y diameter of NVG as percentage of screen size. eg (0.47f, 0.75f) = 47% of width of screen and 75% of screen height. Since most monitors aren’t square the y value will have to be larger than the x value to make a perfect circle; the ratio between the two numbers will be the same as your monitor aspect ratio[/u][/b]

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like this great mod broke with last update. Hope it can be fixed.

Cheers Tacca

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hi

I'm using an Index.

Cheers!

CptT

i am using the index as well, see my settings there https://www.dropbox.com/sh/anvhwqaey9gzqzw/AAD0XLHsh_tb4aNaHpaLrwKna?dl=0

Looks like this great mod broke with last update. Hope it can be fixed.

Cheers Tacca

still working for me

still working for me

Thanks Fox. Will revisit it.

UPDATE: Fixed; issue was conflict with Mustang's Flat Shadow mod.

Thanks again.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 4 months later...
hi! can anyone to explain step by step how set up this mod? i search on youtube and all keep it like goverment secret..i dont know how to they do it..can anyone hepl me? thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english..

Here's Tecca NVG mod I use for trackir, drop in DCS main folder or use OVGME. Readme included. For VR I don't know.

Use this to change NVG oval to your liking.

"Change the values of 0.99f, 0.85f to whatever you like,

where 099f=X=with & 0.85f=Y= hight of the NVG oval."

/Thank you Tecca, great job:thumbup:

Tacca's NVG mod .rar

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's Tecca NVG mod I use for trackir, drop in DCS main folder or use OVGME. Readme included. For VR I don't know.

Use this to change NVG oval to your liking.

"Change the values of 0.99f, 0.85f to whatever you like,

where 099f=X=with & 0.85f=Y= hight of the NVG oval."

/Thank you Tecca, great job:thumbup:

Thank you Sir!:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I could never work out how to get the ovals to be round. Mostly, using it, I felt like I was tripping my tits off.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

• 2 months later...

Does this MOD work with last Open Beta 2.5.6.59398 ?

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 9:58 PM, ams999 said:

Hi Tacca,

thanks for the explanation! Now that I know what the file is for I ran some tests and it seems nothing was changed in DCS.

With the mod's standard oval NVG and without the laserbeam.hlsl the beam doesn't quite reach the edge of the NVG to the sides (pics 1+2) and reaches over the NVG to the bottom (pic 3), maybe still expecting the round shape of the unmodded NVG.

This effect is fixed by your laserbeam.hlsl (4+5) but leads to weird effects (6).

Hopefully, you can find a fix for that down the line!

In all cases I can see the laser spot on the target outside the NVG (when the NVG is on) but that is the same in stock DCS, too.

Hey Tacca,

Thanks for the mod!  It makes NVGs actually usable in VR!

I had the same red/white flashing issue with the default mod, and deleting the laserbeam.hlsl fixed it, but like the above post, removed the masking of the red laser beam outside of the NVGs FOV.  Last post I saw about it seemed like you were working the issue some time ago... any progress?

• 1 month later...

I just recently had this red/white flashing thing in VR.  I have used this mod for ages and it have been working perfect but, today i got that red/white flashing thing and laserbeam.hlsl is breaking the integrity check.  How can it just out of nothing stop working?

Any advice on what to do here?

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone
I used this mod to directly overwrite the files in the game directory and can be used, but it has not been used since the update last year. Now, I want to reuse it. I use OvGME but cannot activate it. Can anyone teach me? Or whether there is video teaching now ?