Window glass bug in DCS 1.5

piXel496

It seems as if the new graphic engine only reads the alpha channel for the glass textures of the UH. Because the rgb channels are not read there are no reflections or colors in the images. (And personally I find the alpha channel is read rather dark in 1.5)

This has consequences for the folowing images:

1. fixed uh_1_glass.tga.dds & uh1_cockpit_glass.tga.dds - No green glass in the internal and external views of the roof windows.

2. UH1_glass_refl.dds - No interior reflections on the windows from the first person positions.

Edited by piXel496
For my love of one of the iconic modules in DCS.

Compliments for the return of green glass and the adjusted transparency in the windows, since 1.5.1!

I see image UH1_glass_refl.tga is new and has a lot of sharpness, unfortunately it does not give cockpit reflections in the windows for the first person positions. Is that something on my side, or are the rgb channels not read?

Thanks.

Edited by piXel496
:)

Hi thamuff,

Your particular issue is related to image UH1_glass_refl.tga this used to be UH1_glass_refl.tga.dds. My wild guess is that the .tga is not found.

A quick solution is go to your modules and deinstall the UH. Then start DCS again go to modules and install the UH.

Then I hope the gfx of your UH-module are reorganized in a format 1.5.1 can read.

Edited by piXel496
.........in doing so i dont lose my keybindings

Tried a uninstall, no difference.

The UH1_glass_refl.tga looks ok when I open in photoshop. If the tga isn't found then why no Missing Texture?

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Unfortunately that makes no difference. There's another issue that me and a handful of others are having with 1.5 relating to graphics so hopefully this is related to that and we can get a fix.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

... If the tga isn't found then why no Missing Texture?

The default "missing texture" apparently does not apply to the windowglass. I tried to replicate your issue by deleting UH1_glass_refl.tga from my UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip and this happend:

picture.php?albumid=905&pictureid=7445

And that is exactly like your issue.

But if you removed your possibly damaged UH-files and have a vanilla UH-module install, and still have this issue then it is beyond a default solution. Sorry for not being able to help.

Cheers

Thanks, I deleted the .zip, ran a repair. Still the same.

So it looks like 1.5 has a problem displaying .tga files for some people if this file was indeed a .dds in the last patch.