Mig 21 comes to Kerbal Space Program

FeistyLemur

Well, I made my first successful fixed wing craft in Kerbal Space Program. And what better plane than the Mig 21. Kerbal version, the Kig 21.

Hq3uaMkl.png

Like the real thing it had to be fast. Too fast. You can burn the wings right off.

aWEjrVNl.png

The engines flamed out at 28000 meters from lack of oxygen, but it made it all the way to 54000 on momentum.

fKtTy0al.png

And I didn't even need the forced air restart to get it going again once it came down.

0LxkRtgl.png

Discussing KSP on this forum is, apparently, frowned upon.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Awesome! I too build a MiG 21 like aircraft in KSP. You should use BD Armory mod and slam some guided missiles on it like I did. It makes the experience even more fun. :thumbup:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85209-1-0-4-BDArmory-v0-9-9-1-(-AI-improvements-DLZ-2-new-parts)-Dev-Thread-Aug-31

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because MiG - 9. That's why...

So going to build this when I get home!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Now if only the real mig21 could do 4000 kph at 3000 meters until the wings and just about everything else burns off.

Awesome! I too build a MiG 21 like aircraft in KSP. You should use BD Armory mod and slam some guided missiles on it like I did. It makes the experience even more fun. :thumbup:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85209-1-0-4-BDArmory-v0-9-9-1-(-AI-improvements-DLZ-2-new-parts)-Dev-Thread-Aug-31

My "Kig 21" is peaceful, I put hardpoints on the wings with science equipment on them though.

I put hardpoints on the wings with science equipment on them though.

Then I can really recommend to strap it on to a rocket and shoot it towards Laythe. When you finally get there you can collect some mad sience points. Plus, it's a great journey. You will probably be one of the first people to pilot a '21 on another celestial body! :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because MiG - 9. That's why...