Gazelle module features updates

Pat01

Interesting, though IRL a pilot could indeed himself put on a pair of NVG's onto his helmet anyway ?

I like others have posted on this very thread would like NVG for all variants,

there is nothing to stop people who want moar realism from ......

not using them by not pressing the NVG button when flying at night

That would be a simple way to keep both parties satisfied

You can't simply put a NVG on your head. Your instruments (lighting f.e.) has to be at least NVG compatible. A reason why german tornado recces couldn't fly in syria at night for the first months. The problem I see with the next "option" is that server admins will loose the overview if every module has 1000 does and don'ts. That's the reason why all these mods are out there.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The easiest way is to mod It. It takes 5 seconds.

no actually the easiest way would be if polychop did it

then it would take us zero seconds

• Like 3

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Interesting, though IRL a pilot could indeed himself put on a pair of NVG's onto his helmet anyway ?

I like others have posted on this very thread would like NVG for all variants,

there is nothing to stop people who want moar realism from ......

not using them by not pressing the NVG button when flying at night

That would be a simple way to keep both parties satisfied

Think about this.....

If we ever get a AH-64 in DCS, then we should expect to see a panties all over the cockpits instruments, engine compartment etc. We as well should see a "repaint the aircraft" as one task when requesting to repair the aircraft between flights.

Of course, otherwise it wouldn't be realistic!

If we are going to get ever the Tornado, then we are suppose to see a plastic tubes of 6 inches all over the cockpit....

Like, people want for realism? Then there are going to be lots of modifications done on field!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 1 year later...

So - what is the result of this 2 year long thread? has anything changed in the module since the start of it?

Forgive my lateness to the party - (only 3 years late), but I just purchased the module & would like to know when the moving map is going to be implemented for example. I note that NVGs no longer seem to be an issue, although sun-glasses (visor) is still broken?

• 2 years later...

As far as I remember correctly (I haven't played this module for a long time) you have to press the laser designator button every time you aim at something. To determine the distance. But it is also described in Chuck's Guide from page 71 onwards. 

• Thanks 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/17/2022 at 7:44 AM, xfirf said:

Is there a chance that (parts) of this mod will be added as features to the Gazelle?

Not as such i.e. no fictional Hellfires, however AFAIK there are plans to add historical gun & rocket pods that have been equipped by other countries.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Ramsay:

Not as such i.e. no fictional Hellfires, however AFAIK there are plans to add historical gun & rocket pods that have been equipped by other countries.

I refer to the rocket Pods only. The point it is no big thing to add them. They said on they will bit nothing happens. 

Edited by xfirf

4 hours ago, xfirf said:

I refer to the rocket Pods only. The point it is no big thing to add them. They said on they will bit nothing happens.

It may "seem" an easy task but adding additional rocket pods is part of a larger rework merging multiple Gazelle versions to the "L" and allowing more flexible loadouts i.e. double rockets rather than Canon & rockets.

WIP picture of one of the new gun pods

SA342_Lebanon.png

Polychop Dan (DrummerNL) — 08/10/2022
Next modularity update:
The HMP400 pods and the ability to remove the GIAT M621 allowing for full customizability of the left and right pylons on the L. For example you will be able to take 2 Telson 8 rocket pods, a rocket pod and a gun pod, just a GIAT M261, no weapons at all and no hardpoints or whatever combination you have in mind. Rocket pods can now be used in single and ripple fire modes. This is looking promising in testing so far and only the sounds are left to be done. 

Later modularity update:
What is being tested right now is moving the Mistral missiles to the L, eliminating the need of a separate Mistral version and making the L more versatile as weapons can be swapped during a mission on airfields and FARPs.  More to come. (edited)

Note: Everything is subject to change

• Like 2

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Am 16.11.2022 um 00:04 schrieb Ramsay:

It may "seem" an easy task but adding additional rocket pods is part of a larger rework merging multiple Gazelle versions to the "L" and allowing more flexible loadouts i.e. double rockets rather than Canon & rockets.

WIP picture of one of the new gun pods

SA342_Lebanon.png

Note: Everything is subject to change

Yeah that's even much more than I want to have. But when scripting a lua file adds the pod it has to be an easy job to just add this pod to the regular L Variant.

Thanks for this information. 🙂

Edit: 

Source of the Quote above: https://discord.com/channels/303482672834019330/671347367030685697/1028369602310328340

Edited by xfirf

• 1 year later...

Interesting!

image.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes, interesting 🙂
However, I hope they won't follow the George AI model, which makes me make mistakes (I talk about it here).
I've mapped voice commands (with Voicemacro) for Georges AI and Jester AI (F14) and I find that the Jester model doesn't lead me to make interpretation errors, whereas with the George model I can quickly launch the wrong command because I'm not in the right menu.
I hope this will be taken into account in the development of their AI.

18 hours ago, YoYo said:

Interessante!

imagem.png

This is fantastic news!!!

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X / 64 GB HyperX RAM DDR4 (3200 MHz) (4 x 16 GB) / AMD Radeon RX 6700XT 12GB GDDR6 / 1 X WD_BLACK 500Gb PCIe NVMe TLC SSD / 1X Samsung 980 Pro SSD M.2 2Tb / PSU Cooler Master 800W Gold / Logitech x-56 hotas / Logitech G Flight Simulator Rudder Pedals / Delanclip Fusion