questions about F/A 18 for DCS 2.0

I have some questions about the F/A 18 hornet that will be added to the game with the release of DCS world 2.0.

Is the F/A 18 C/D hornet or F/A 18 E/F Super Hornet being added?

Will it have JDAM/Paveway support with the Litening pod?

How fast will it be with afterburner on optimal altitude?

Does it also have optional Conformal fuel tanks, as far as I know every Hornet/Super Hornet supports CFTs?

Should I save up money for the F/A 18 or for the BF 109 K4, cuz I dont own any prop planes, besides the tf51, which is free and doesnt have guns? (I have FC3 and the A10C)

When will DCS World 2 be released if it doesn't get delayed?

yours sincerely,

EliteKatze

Edited by EliteKatze
  • Like 1

What gave you the impression that the F-18 was coming with DCS 2.0?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

they're making an F/A18C. you're best off buying that 109k if you wanna play something on the short term. No release term has been given and a launch with the release at 2.0 seems extremely unlikely to me. 2.0 is aimed for the end of the year, but it will only be released when it's ready.

have a nice day.

Check my F-15C guide

Sounds like many people were saying things with no basis in fact. ED has not even vaguely hinted at the possibility and they already are committed to releasing Nevada with 2.0, which probably leaves their plate full enough.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

so what plane are they gonna release next? I kinda wish it was the Me 262 and maybe some russian jet competitors like Su 34 or so.

Also, why does ED not release planes with simple graphics and flightmodels in a beta stage first so people can also try them, like they did it with the MiG29, in my opinion they could also make a WWII package like FC3, but as I said with WWII stuff...

• Like 1

so what plane are they gonna release next? I kinda wish it was the Me 262 and maybe some russian jet competitors like Su 34 or so.

By ED, the FC-3 Mig-29 segregate module and Spitfire Mk.IX will be the best candidate to release previous to the F/A-18C module. Remaing the P-47 to WW2, but nothing has show about the Me262 except a no complete cockpit some time ago. Some rumours talk about a F-16, a Yak-9U or La-9, but has unconfirmed info. Outside or the air modules, Combined Arms 2.0 has "on hold" but I think can be release in the time of the F/A-18C, and have rumours of a full pilot-able vehicle module research (someone talk about can give to a future M-1 Abrams tank module or something similar), but none confirmed.

I discard the Su-34 by the actual restriction by official secret act of the Russian Government.

Over Theaters future develop after NTTR release, reaming Straight of Hormuz (2016) and Normandy WW2 (No dates), after can be hope a expansion to Nevada NTTR and a Caucasus map reworked an expanded.

The Straights of Hormuz was originally to be released as a package with the F/A-18 I recall. The next release will either be the Mirage 2000C from Razbam, or the P-40F from VEAO, both of which are currently available for pre-order.

I have a feeling, though nothing has been announced about any module other then the 2 I have mentioned, that we may see the F-5 from Belsimtek next. The way it goes is that developers hold back information about release dates until the last moment.

We can very safely say that there has been no announcement that the F/A-18 is at all close to release. Don't expect it with DCS World 2.0, the rumour mill may have been working overtime, but ED have said nothing to suggest it is likely.

By ED, the FC-3 Mig-29 segregate module and Spitfire Mk.IX will be the best candidate to release previous to the F/A-18C module. Remaing the P-47 to WW2, but nothing has show about the Me262 except a no complete cockpit some time ago. Some rumours talk about a F-16, a Yak-9U or La-9, but has unconfirmed info. Outside or the air modules, Combined Arms 2.0 has "on hold" but I think can be release in the time of the F/A-18C, and have rumours of a full pilot-able vehicle module research (someone talk about can give to a future M-1 Abrams tank module or something similar), but none confirmed.

I discard the Su-34 by the actual restriction by official secret act of the Russian Government.

Over Theaters future develop after NTTR release, reaming Straight of Hormuz (2016) and Normandy WW2 (No dates), after can be hope a expansion to Nevada NTTR and a Caucasus map reworked an expanded.

So Eagle dynamics cant release the Su 34 because they dont know the necessary cockpit informations? They could just add it with the basic functions like the Su25T

So Eagle dynamics cant release the Su 34 because they dont know the necessary cockpit informations? They could just add it with the basic functions like the Su25T

They don't do that anymore. The only reason we have simplified aircraft is that those were imported from old LOMAC and Flaming Cliffs. Don't expect any new ones to be developed.

many people were saying it on the 104th and some dcs youtubers too

There is no official release date or press release for DCS F-18C,

Please do not use virtual squadron and youtube scuttlebutt as official sources.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs