Made the head tracking jump

Finally, after years of resisting the temptation, I made the jump to Trackir.

I do not think that I can even begin to come up with words to describe the difference. Well.....yeah, I can. Where's my DCS???? The flight sim that I have been flying for 4 or 5 years now is gone and has been replaced with an intense, fun experience. I have never enjoyed any computer sim or game this much.

I am however a little curious about a few things though. There are some differences that I cannot figure out. First, when in any combat situation when I'm gunning something. No matter the AC I'm flying, I am probably at least 50% more accurate. I can't quite grasp the reason for this. I put the star or pip on the target and let fly. It seems (to me anyway) that it would be identical with the mouse. The dot is on my target no matter whether I'm using the mouse or head tracking, but more rounds seem to land on the target with the head tracking. I can easily see this happening, and I'm using fewer rounds to take out targets. I never would have thought that it would make this much of a difference.

In air to air it is like night and day. In the P-51 especially, the target lines up much quicker and in the past few days, it seems that I'm using much less ammo to take out other planes. The first time I got up and took out a 109, it took a very quick burst and the plane was on it's way down. I thought the guy was taking evasive action when in fact he was dead. But again, when I use the mouse, the flower lines up on the target but it just doesn't seem or feel accurate. I guess that I'm just stumped because in my mind, when it's lined up, it's lined up but head tracking seems to line everything up much more efficiently.

Also, I got all of the adjustments down pretty well and have the software working pretty nicely. I was just wondering if there are folks out there who set up their X, and Y axis completely different from their Yaw, and pitch. Having that much freedom on all of them makes it extremely easy to get completely disoriented from time to time.

None the less, DCS just completely changed for me. Such an awesome experience.

Finally, after years of resisting the temptation, I made the jump to Trackir.

I do not think that I can even begin to come up with words to describe the difference. Well.....yeah, I can. Where's my DCS???? The flight sim that I have been flying for 4 or 5 years now is gone and has been replaced with an intense, fun experience. I have never enjoyed any computer sim or game this much.

:thumbup:

What took you so long? lol.

Indeed Track IR is a real game changer, it is hard to describe in words. I can tell you if my Track IR broke today, I would not fly until I had another one in my hands.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|