Upcoming Q&A by Wags - Date: TBD - SA-342M Gazelle by Polychop-Simulations

NineLine

• ED Team

Hello all,

Submit your questions for the next Q&A which will cover the SA-342M Gazelle module by Polychop-Simulations in the next video.

Submit your questions about the Gazelle below, please make an effort to see if your question is unique and has not been asked in this thread or other videos previously, as well, make sure your question is specific to the subject.

No discussions, answering of others questions or any other OT chatter here please.

These are no longer live streams, so the video(s) will be available when its done.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Do they have access to the actual aircraft?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Q: Should multiseat be implemented, Will there be slots in the multiplayer table like the L39? Once multiple players join, how does the load out get determined? Will the copilot just be a sightseer if no weapons are selected by the pilot? I am also wondering how the handling of controls will work out in multiseat, if in fact this feature is being coded..

Q: Is there any GPS moving map or Data Link type functions? Any ways to track where your buddies are on a map display would be great!

Thank you!

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

During a recent interview Pat was asked, "Are there multiple versions of the Gazelle (export, canon, HOT ...)?"

...and he answered,

"Yes, in real life there are several models of Gazelle SA341, SA342, canon, HOT, Mistral... We would like all get out. It all depends on how to pass out of the Viviane HOT. Be notified afterwards! The other models are already ready: gun, rockets, air / air, but as we have the authorization of ED for one model we go step by step.

(sorry if the translation is off)

Q: Will Polychop be able to offer us these other weapon options?

For DCS Huey, you can change between gunship and slick via the normal loadout menu, it would seem like this would be the natural way multiple weapon variants would be loaded onto the Gazelle as well. What is different about the Gazelle that it cannot simply use the normal loadout menu to determine its armament?

• ED Team

Q. Will the Gazelle have sling load capability? I know it is not a common role of the aircraft but I have seen them used in real life for this purpose.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Will the Gazelle ship with training missions (like the ones for the Huey or the Mi8 ), and will it also include a single player campaign of some kind?

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

A Q&A, great! I hope nobody minds I have a few things on my mind.

Q1: While the player is in the commander seat and the helicopter is controlled by the other pilot/autopilot/SAS, is it possible to control the viviane sight with the joystick? Or will we have to use slew controls like ,./; ?

Q2: is the AM radio capable of contacting an AWACS for info about airborne threats?

Q3: Is the countermeasures dispenser only capable of dropping flares, or also radar countermeasures?

Q4: Is the viviane sight capable of any smart functions? like terrain following or automatic target tracking.

Q5: Are there any units that are capable of jamming the HOT missile in this sim?

bonus question: without locking yourself to some deadline, is there anything you're willing to let slip about the time of release? are we looking at weeks, months or years? :)

thanks for your time! and very good work so far

Check my F-15C guide

Variants are a common question, people always desire something just mildly different and some are quite possible or the developer has indicated possibilities. Can we expect to see variants of the Gazelle in the future and even for other modules?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Q: At what range can the Gazelle detect and mark targets, and what is the range of the missiles compared to the defensive firing range of typical targets? I ask because tanks, and APC are extremely good shots in DCS, and I hope the Gazelle can operate at a safe stand-off range.

Q: What is the maneuverability and instability of the Gazelle compared to the other helicopter modules already in DCS, in particular the Huey?

Also +1 for more weapon configurations.

Q: What is ED's stance on the extra French ships and buildings that Polychop has already prepared (Mistral) and would like to add to the module? I refer to one of the recent interviews.

Edited by NineLine

Q: Will the different weapon versions of the Gazelle be packaged as one, or will we have to purchase different version models?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Groundpounder extraordinaire

SPECS: i7-4790K, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 16 GB RAM, MSI GTX 980ti, Thrustmaster WARTHOG HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR 5