Upcoming Q&A by Wags - Date: TBD - SA-342M Gazelle by Polychop-Simulations

NineLine

Q: The Gazelle helicopter has been involved a number of accidents where the pilot failed to compensate for a high yaw rate to the left developing when making a spot turn with a crosswind. Is this behaviour something we will need to take account of in DCS World?

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Questions to Polychop

A few questions regarding the cockpit

Q: Will Gazelle and BO-105 have english cockpit variants for us non-French/German speakers?

Q: Is there going to be optional 3d crew in the cokpit of Gazelle/BO-105?

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/antimonni

PC SPECS: Win10 Home 64Bit, i5-2500K @4GHz, 32Gb DDR3, 6Gb Nvidia GeForce GTX980Ti, 2 SSDs+HDD

CONTROLS: TM Warthog HOTAS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / TM MFD Cougar x4 / TIR 5

MODULES: Almost everything!

Q1: How "fragile" is the engine? Can you "hurt" it easily by overheating and/or over-stressing it?

Would engine failure\damage be moduled?

Q2: What version of the HOT missile will be implemented (HOT 1, 2 or 3)?

Edited by Body Farm

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Q: What is the fidelity level of the flight model?

It seems sometimes new developers start with simplified flight models and plan to get more advanced later on. Considering the extremely high quality of the existing helicopter modules, I'm wondering how the Gazelle will compare in this regard.

Thanks!

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Q. Does the laser rangefinder give distances in miles, Nm or km?

Q. Will the JTAC function be available from the left hand seat in the future?

Q. Can the gazelle be used to transport personnel or stores?

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Q: Can you elaborate on the recce funtionality mentioned for gazelle missions in the check-six interview?

How does it work and is it limited to the gazelle or is it a mission editor addition that can be applied to other airframes as well?

Q: What can we expect from the module with regards to force feedback?

Edited by Derk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NUMALAT

Q: Does the Gazelle have any type of datalink functionality or any other way to share targeting information for other Gazelles/aircraft?

Q: Do you consider to implement the SITALAT tactical information system ?

Edited by CNETRO

ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E, i7-7820X, DDR4-64 Go (2660 MHz), 2 x TITAN Xp (SLI), SSD M-2 960 EVO 1 To, Win10 Pro 64

Q: was the model developed with the Oculus Rift in mind and how does it look in the rift? Has it been tested?

Q: will the model be able to output forces on the airframe for use with motion platforms. The Huey for example features a vibration and buffeting when transitioning ETL which is only graphical and can not be output to motion cockpits.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

This may have already been asked but here goes; with the Ka-50 we can give our wingmen commands to "recon" a distance and direction and they will do so while feeding us back data in what they find. Will there be a similar function for us in the gazelle? Will there be a "recon" command?

That is good news! I decided to go on hunger strike when polychop announced the Gazelle and I don't know how much long I can last :)

Really looking forward to seeing the gazelle in DCS world.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!