Update to v1.5.1.46722 killed the Oculus

Edit: Solved. The latest update wants to use the 0800 runtimes with the necessary nvidia drivers. It's running fine and still nice and smooth for me.

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Capture.PNG.5bd6e1914fbb5553673b4ec4014696ee.PNG

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

Uh oh. Going to have to stay away from the update then. Been enjoying the hell out of 75fps smoothness!

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

oculus 0.0.8 plus needed nvidia drivers do work but killed performance again...

soo disappointed

So just to be sure. Even with 0.8 Oculus driver and the latest Nvidia (released a few days ago), performance is pretty bad?

Thanks

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I think it would be helpful to have release/update notes available when the updates are deployed. While I appreciate the update and the hopeful improvements they bring, it's a disservice to the user base not to include release/update/patch notes with the update. Knowing that the Oculus 0.8.0.0 runtimes were required could have save hours of lost time.

IF there are release/patch notes somewhere, someone kindly direct me to them.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

So just to be sure. Even with 0.8 Oculus driver and the latest Nvidia (released a few days ago), performance is pretty bad?

Thanks

hsb

No, but 75 fps dropping to 68 fps every second or so.. Got rid of this annoying stutter using 0.0.8 and latest driver just prior to this update

DerekSpeare,

In the main "DCS Update" thread, there are some notes about major changes" however, requirement for 0.8 was not there (I don't believe). And it is an openbeta after all. We all opted in to be test/guinea pigs, so I think it's important to have an open mind about what information may or may not be in the release notes.

Here's the link: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2546251#post2546251

morkster666,

Thank you. I skipped the latest DCS update, but I guess it's safe.

hsb

Edited by hansangb
added the link to the thread

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else observing major differences in Oculus performance with different openbeta version?

1.5.1.46722.87 was the best in terms of performance and stability.

1.5.1.46722.99 was completely broken, not able to launch missions

1.5.1.46722.10? was stable, but frame rate dropped by ~25%, making most planes stutter at medium graphic settings with a high end graphics card

My GPU utilization is at 30% or so, and my system is limited by CPU. I think it is because of the DK2 graphical projections that are taking place. They need to find a good solution to this (move DK2 projections to GPU, or efficient multi-threaded CPU) especially since CV1 is coming.

Anybody else observing major differences in Oculus performance with different openbeta version?

1.5.1.46722.87 was the best in terms of performance and stability.

1.5.1.46722.99 was completely broken, not able to launch missions

1.5.1.46722.10? was stable, but frame rate dropped by ~25%, making most planes stutter at medium graphic settings with a high end graphics card

My GPU utilization is at 30% or so, and my system is limited by CPU. I think it is because of the DK2 graphical projections that are taking place. They need to find a good solution to this (move DK2 projections to GPU, or efficient multi-threaded CPU) especially since CV1 is coming.

This patch is actually being really smooth for me EXCEPT for random instances where suddenly the game decides to have a bit of stutter for no reason.

Seems related to this patch only, but its not usually severe enough to cause real issues.

Playing on all settings maxxed apart from shadows and AA. shadows on low, AA on 2x, and getting consistent framerates with no judder.

Card is a radeon 290x SAPPHIRE with 8 gigs of VRAM. Wondering if there is still some VRAM memory leak problem, going to see what its like with a few more patches and in 2.0

Experience in the KA 50 is pretty good, same with the MIG-21.

Know this is a little offtopic but: is there anyway to zoom in the oculus in dcs? I can read the dials etc fine, but learning the mig and reading its TINY lamp indicators is giving me issues. Have to basically put my head under my desk to see them and tracking doesnt like that!!! :music_whistling:

Edited by Deathbane

V.O.D.K.A. Squadron: Northern Wolves - Red ones go faster!