DCS 1.5.1.46722.87 ATC AI Hold Collisions

Hello,

With this most recent update, changes to the AI behavior have caused collisions on the taxiway between AI pilots. This is a repeatable problem.

Description:

Playing MiG-15 module. MiG-15 was not started up, nor was ATC contacted in any way. AI only acts according to mission instruction & ATC commands.

While holding short for takeoff, an AI controlled Su-27 is rear-ended by another AI Su-27 because it either does not stop in time, or thought its 'collision bubble' was much further away/smaller than it actually was.

Another Su-27 collides with the first pair, followed by 2 MiG-29's, which do not make contact with the Su's, but this may be due to the 29's smaller size (57ft vs. 72ft long). The AWACS behind them holds short at a safe distance.

Track

System Info

Additional remarks:

Before this update, the Su's would take off as intended, however, the 2nd of a group of 3 MiG-29's (3 ship after the Su's takeoff) would refuse to take off after the lead Mig-29 took off, and would hold short on the taxiway, blocking the path for the other MiG-29 and the AWACS. Those MiG's now seem to continue down the taxiway as intended, but stop too close to other aircraft.

Edited by ItsCrisp

Just to confirm, I get this aswell. It is repeatable and with the same mission in previous version the crashes did not occur.

Also sending my wingman back to RTB causes him to stop on the runway

Edited by pittnuma

Pitt

Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Confirmed!

According to the patch notes: "Fixed issue when AI get stuck while taxiing if object is in front of a 'junction' for their route." is now a bit too lax.

See screenshots here as well; my AI wingman crashed into me while a) I was holding short, and then again b) while I was on the RWY ready for takeoff.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I had this problems again (new hotfix 1.5.1.47025.98 ), during taxi, the wingman collided with me while I waited for permission to enter the runway.

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280

Similar issue:

Taxied onto the runway and the following AI A-10 (different flight) taxied onto the runway and took off - missed me because I'd lined up for a formation takeoff position as practice.

Of note no radio calls heard at any time from the AI A-10 despite being on the tower frequency on VHF AM.

AI Takeoff.trk