Latest patch adds more wing flex and vibrations

rrohde

Nice touch! Seems as if the update to 1.5.1 added more wing flex in the air, and more wingtip vibrations while on the ground. In addition, it seems as if the high-AOA sound has been improved as well. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

It was time they add this for F-15C and Sukhoi's!!

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Are the aerodynamics changed or are the alterations just visual effects?

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Not sure; seems as if the visual effects are a bit more pronounced, and the high-AOA sound is improved. Didn't notice the same visual effect on the F-15, but the high-AOA sound is also there for the 15.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

F-15 need wing flex and high-aoa sound.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Not sure; seems as if the visual effects are a bit more pronounced, and the high-AOA sound is improved. Didn't notice the same visual effect on the F-15, but the high-AOA sound is also there for the 15.

yes, feels like the aircraft textures are sharper now.

[100☭] holimoli #13, 100-й КИАП

Nice touch! Seems as if the update to 1.5.1 added more wing flex in the air, and more wingtip vibrations while on the ground. In addition, it seems as if the high-AOA sound has been improved as well. :thumbup:

Thanks for the info rrohde! I'm still downloading… (5GB more to go!)

Too bad they didn't find the time to include a detailed change log, but I'm really happy to see those improvements :thumbup:

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

F-15 need wing flex and high-aoa sound.

Yes it does! *All* of the fixed wing aircraft need this!

Anyway, ED have been ironing out the various simulation engine bugs in DCS 1.5 so the actual content is second priority. Still, I'm glad to see stuff like this happening, every little detail gives a more convincing feeling of flying the aircraft. For example, the new takeoff roll sound, the rumble of the wheels on the runway--just what the sim needed!

Peace

Ian

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

It's cool eh! :D In the Su-27 I've been spending time just flying around with auto stability turned off, just looking out the side of the cockpit watching the wings bend and flutter at high AoA. Our simulated Flanker is starting to feel more and more like real machinery!

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

Now all is left is to feel like a real pilot :P

A future update should include actual G-forces :) I wonder how long it'll be before someone invents a force-feedback seat :D

Kit: