MIG-21 1.5.1 ACTIVATION

Cobra847

Followed the instructions and no activation requests anymore.:thumbup:

You guys caught a lot of flak over this issue. Hope everyone is as quick to appreciate the fix.:music_whistling:

Same here, no issues whatsoever! Thanks LNS! :thumbup:

Actualy only one issue - I'm down to one deactivation...

Here's how I did it:

deactivate module using pcnsl.exe

delete the registry http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2267911&postcount=1

restart PC

run manual update (instructions)

restart PC

activate module using pcnsl.exe

• Like 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great update guy's :thumbup:

I used my last activation in the last update a few weeks ago so was a bit apprehensive about deactivating the MiG, but followed the instructions then re-activated. My acitvations are now 13 remaining :D nice work gents and thanks for the extra activations on my key.

Noticed much better fps too with this update, pegged at a solid 60 and smooth. Now all I need is the NTTR map to wring her out on :joystick:

Love Rudel's added detail to the aircraft and all those extra skins.........she sure is a beautiful module and a credit to LNS.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

What a mess. I deleted the Mig 21 module from both 1.2 and 15, used your reg program, rebooted, updated and added the Mig 21 module to 1.5 and everything was fine. HOWEVER, FOR WHATEVER REASON, 1.2 WILL NOT BOOT UP. I have preformed a repair for 1.2 but no joy. So now I am in a real mess and I just don't have the energy to delete 1.2 and all of its modules and reinstall.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Same here, no issues whatsoever! Thanks LNS! :thumbup:

Actualy only one issue - I'm down to one deactivation...

Here's how I did it:

restart PC

restart PC

Thank you and Spectrum Legacy.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Every time I switch from 1.5 to 1.2.16 ask for reactivation.

This is ridiculous.

FIX THIS!!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Every time I switch from 1.5 to 1.2.16 ask for reactivation.

This is ridiculous.

FIX THIS!!

Due to upgrading the protection system (aka - fixing the issue, as you so eloquently requested)

you cannot switch between 1.5 and 1.2.16 without reactivating the product.

The next time you opt into a BETA, please understand the risks and issues associated.

That is the only reason you are seeing multiple activations, and we are not lying when we say you only need to re-activate once.

We are currently working on an alternate set of 1.2.16 binaries that we can manually (no further updates to the 1.2.16 branch) distribute that may fix this issue until 1.2.16 is deprecated.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Here's how I did it:

restart PC

restart PC

Do i need to repair my DCS after I have installed the latest patch?

Because here's how I did it after reading just the changelog: :-)

1. Deactivated the module in game (wasn't aware of the pcnsl.exe)

2. Deleted the Registry Entry of Mig-21 in \Software\Leatherneck Simulations\ by using regedit (wasn't aware of the file that does it)

3. Ran the update manually (after it downloaded already 60% automatically until I stumbled over the thread about proper way to update, thus cancelling it.)

4. Reactivated the module ingame as I believed that it doesn't matter anymore at that point. :-D

( I rebooted my PC just wanted to point out my mayor departures from the proposed way.)

The thing is: I checked my Registry again after this and the entry of MiG-21 at \Software\Leatherneck Simulations\ has not been restored.

So far the game runs, activation keys aside, but... you know... maybe a missing regentry will screw something up later on

Do i need to repair my DCS after I have installed the latest patch?

Because here's how I did it after reading just the changelog: :-)

1. Deactivated the module in game (wasn't aware of the pcnsl.exe)

2. Deleted the Registry Entry of Mig-21 in \Software\Leatherneck Simulations\ by using regedit (wasn't aware of the file that does it)

3. Ran the update manually (after it downloaded already 60% automatically until I stumbled over the thread about proper way to update, thus cancelling it.)

4. Reactivated the module ingame as I believed that it doesn't matter anymore at that point. :-D

( I rebooted my PC just wanted to point out my mayor departures from the proposed way.)

The thing is: I checked my Registry again after this and the entry of MiG-21 at \Software\Leatherneck Simulations\ has not been restored.

So far the game runs, activation keys aside, but... you know... maybe a missing regentry will screw something up later on

Which registry entry did you delete, the one in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER? The file provided by the LNS deletes the former one (in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE), that seems to be where the license info is stored.

Edited by grunf

having this issue with 2.0 "Unable to run the application due to integrity fault of the Activation Key. Re-enter a valid Activation Key or re-activate the application.

If the error recurs, click "Error report" and send the report to product technical support." deleted module and reinstalled.

Any ideas?

*EDIT*

Fixed with the reg delete link from the other thread

Edited by Savage79
resolved issue

having this issue with 2.0 "Unable to run the application due to integrity fault of the Activation Key. Re-enter a valid Activation Key or re-activate the application.

If the error recurs, click "Error report" and send the report to product technical support." deleted module and reinstalled.

Any ideas?

*EDIT*

Fixed with the reg delete link from the other thread

Hi Savage, can you link to the other thread please? I am having the exact same problem and get the same integrity fault error message when trying to activate this module in DCSW 2 Open Alpha.

Many thanks

Dave

Intel Core i7 4770K i30 cooler Win 7 Pro 64bit Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 240GB OS Drive

Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 120GB DCSW Dedicated Drive ASUS Radeon R9 290 ASUS Z87-K

Corsair 16GB DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black 1600mhz Corsair AX860i PSU Thermaltake Chaser A71 Case

Acer S271HL 27 inch monitor 1No 8" lilliput touch screen, running uMFCD

TM HOTAS Cougar with TUSBA TM Cougar Stick Simped F16 C with RUSBA Track IR5

What is going on, i've got 1.5 beta and the standard 1.2xx and ive just had to waste another 2 activation keys on top of the 2 last week! It's saying i have changed hardware but haven't updated computer in years, this is getting to be a bit of a mickey take. At this rate im not going to be able to fly the mig if they keep on releasing patches.

Edited by Dugong

What is going on, i've got 1.5 beta and the standard 1.2xx and ive just had to waste another 2 activation keys on top of the 2 last week! It's saying i have changed hardware but haven't updated computer in years, this is getting to be a bit of a mickey take. At this rate im not going to be able to fly the mig if they keep on releasing patches.

Please stick to one version of DCS World until it is final.

"Additionally, it is important to note that due to this change in the protection system, switching between 1.2.16 and 1.5 will yield a re-activation prompt.

Currently, we recommend that you stick to one version of DCS World until 1.5 is Final."

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Been using 1.5 since release and updated it when updates has come trough Steam.

And now suddenly I got again activation requirement for the Mig-21Bis.

I don't have 1.2.x series to fly.

Edit: I have been flying today couple hours the Mig-21 and Mi-8MTv2 and hour ago when I started to test Mi-8Mtv2 I started to get all kind a performance drops that forced me to set everything to almost bare minimum.

And then DCS crashed two times and now on second time when I relaunched DCS to swap back to Mig-21 I got activation requirement.

Edit 2: Something very weird going on. DCS doesn't anymore recognize my HOTAS, so quitted the DCS, replugged HOTAS and checked windows Control Panel does Windows detect it (Yes it did). And now relaunching DCS I was requested to re-activate the Mig-21Bis. I said "No" as I am not going to waste a fourth since 1.5 because that, so Mig-21 is parked to virtual hangar now. But yet DCS doesn't detect the HOTAS even after reboot.

Edited by Fri13
Added the info. Edit2: Second Mig-21 activation request!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.