Fate of AI Mirage 2000-5 ?

Moos_tachu

Based on available info, I'm going to assume the following facts:

- The current AI M2000-5 in DCS World is outdated (old 3D model), and Super 530D and MICA missiles are outdated (buggy FM).

Obviously the S-530D will be reworked to fit with Razbam's M2000C module, but the fate of the M2000-5 and MICA is uncertain.

- Razbam has announced that they may develop an AI C-135FR model, to better support M2000C refueling operations (currently available S-3B and Il-78 can do the job, but lack some consistency with the French Air Force context).

So my question to Razbam and ED is the following:

Would you consider updating the Mirage 2000-5 model?

My view is that it would require only a limited amount of work, starting from the 2000C model:

Remove the pitot tube from the nose cone, increase the length of one little antenna on the upper fuselage, add another little antenna on the vertical tail plane, and that's it!

I'm sure that from the outside, no one will notice that a couple of MFD's are missing in the cockpit :)

I think benefits would be great, as it would allow combined operations with Fox 3 capable AI packages, in big multiplayer COMAO / French Air Force contexts.

Thanks in advance for your feedback :)

PS: my dear forum mates, if you could refrain from polluting this discussion with off-topic comments such as "when do we get ARMAT and EXOCET" or "why don't you put MICA on the 2000C", that'd be greatly appreciated ;)

Edited by Moos_tachu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.

I would like to see the French DCS inventory expanded, so I certainly hope the 2000C does not replace the 2000-5 since they have different capabilities, but the 2000-5 will show it's age a lot more when sitting next to our beautiful new 2000C. I agree, the 2000C model would be a good starting point to update the 2000-5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Folks, if we decide to do a M-2000-5 be very aware that we won't do a cheap job. We will use the hull of the M-2000C as a base, but the cockpit will have to be completely rebuilt. Also, avionics are different, HUD symbology while similar is also different and we won't delete any MFD that the aircraft has.

In other words a M-2000-5 project would be as lengthy as the M-2000C is.

• Like 2

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

i might be wrong but i thought they ment updating the M-2000-5 AI 3D model.

(like with the New F-5E visual model)

not a flyable fully modeld M-2000-5 (atleast not in the short term)

Since updating the Visual Model of the M-2000-5 could be easier if using the M-2000C as a base.

(like with the New F-5E visual model)

not a flyable fully modeld M-2000-5 (atleast not in the short term)

Since updating the Visual Model of the M-2000-5 could be easier if using the M-2000C as a base.

AI module update should rather be ED business. Especially bad missiles behavior !

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yes, I had the same interpretation of the OP, and I did mean an update for the AI only exterior 3D model. (however, I would not argue against a playable one too).

AI module update should rather be ED business.
Maybe, but it would seem like a waste of time to start from scratch when a significant portion of what is needed for a new AI exterior 3D model is already done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The M2000-5 it's a totally different beast, it will require a lot of work just to implement the avionics. If you guys "are in position" to do that, go ahead don't think twice. Just finish before the projects already in development.

Folks, if we decide to do a M-2000-5 be very aware that we won't do a cheap job. We will use the hull of the M-2000C as a base, but the cockpit will have to be completely rebuilt. Also, avionics are different, HUD symbology while similar is also different and we won't delete any MFD that the aircraft has.

In other words a M-2000-5 project would be as lengthy as the M-2000C is.

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]